The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   just a thought... (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249)

breegull_master 18th August 2003 07:48 PM

just a thought...

now, if i remember correctly, in BK the secret eggs all used the same graphic, but were just different colors. the eggs were also hidden "behind the walls" of wherever they were.

with this in mind, i have to ask any of you expert hacker-types if Rare used the same method for the secret eggs (all 3 of them ;) ) in BT. if they did, then how would you go about "looking" for the three eggs by gameshark, since they are all the same graphic?

Jason 18th August 2003 09:01 PM

Re: just a thought...

Quote:

Originally posted by breegull_master
now, if i remember correctly, in BK the secret eggs all used the same graphic, but were just different colors. the eggs were also hidden "behind the walls" of wherever they were.

with this in mind, i have to ask any of you expert hacker-types if Rare used the same method for the secret eggs (all 3 of them ;) ) in BT. if they did, then how would you go about "looking" for the three eggs by gameshark, since they are all the same graphic?

Actually, they are all different graphics. yes, you could change the codes around to make a GS code to have a black "?" (er..someone, DO THIS!), but that's not the way Rare created the eggs.

SubDrag 19th August 2003 03:21 AM

In BT, they used a different egg image for each. However, in the image mod there also is a base egg that's color can be changed. So who knows.

breegull_master 19th August 2003 04:50 PM

so if you changed the appearence for the base egg, for example, would it change the appearence of the eggs in the BK carts?

Jason 19th August 2003 05:57 PM

Quote:

so if you changed the appearence for the base egg, for example, would it change the appearence of the eggs in the BK carts?
No, becuase N64 game's saves are saved on the cart, so it's not possible.

breegull_master 19th August 2003 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jason
No, becuase N64 game's saves are saved on the cart, so it's not possible.
no, i mean the little carts that hop around in BT, and you break them open to get the secret items!

alright, let's say you're playing around with the BK image mod. you come across the base egg. now, if you changed the base egg into, let's say, a jinjo, and you went into sharkfood island (before you got the items, of course) would there be a jinjo, slowly spinning around, and not moving or making any noise?

Jason 19th August 2003 11:52 PM

Quote:

no, i mean the little carts that hop around in BT, and you break them open to get the secret items!

alright, let's say you're playing around with the BK image mod. you come across the base egg. now, if you changed the base egg into, let's say, a jinjo, and you went into sharkfood island (before you got the items, of course) would there be a jinjo, slowly spinning around, and not moving or making any noise?

Correct. The codes just mmodify the images, not the actions. So yes, the jinjo would have it's arms out just spinning around.