The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

R Hunter 21st June 2005 03:26 AM

I have to say that green is the fake. Cyan has it's own area. Unlees Rare thought that was too obvious and decided to hide the real egg in plain sight and give the fake it's own room?

DevilBottles 21st June 2005 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Hunter
I have to say that green is the fake. Cyan has it's own area. Unlees Rare thought that was too obvious and decided to hide the real egg in plain sight and give the fake it's own room?

what about the blue and pink eggs, which:
a) are obviously real
b) have their own room (or sarcophagus [sp?])

EvilPsycho 21st June 2005 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilBottles
you have a good point there... i would need to check out the green egg... but one thing is for cetain... either the cyan or the green egg is the other fake one. why do i say this? because they r on the same level! no other egg is on the same level, duh! :rolleyes:

yeah there are RBB and MMM both have two.

Yeah that was always my theory that the ones with no special room aren't real or something, but 3 don't!

!!!!!

EDIT!:

What is on the top of the sarcophagus, any drawings? Is it a real pharoh sarcophagus?

DevilBottles 21st June 2005 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilPsycho

umm... no there isnt two in RBB :confused:

Tachi 21st June 2005 04:09 AM

Quote:

What is on the top of the sarcophagus, any drawings? Is it a real pharoh sarcophagus?

Maybe. I'm pretty good at decoding Hieroglyphics. If anyone could provide a pic, I may be able to do something~.

DevilBottles 21st June 2005 04:20 AM

Quote:

Yeah that was always my theory that the ones with no special room aren't real or something, but 3 don't!

!!!!!

EDIT!:

remember the sarcophagus in King Sandybutt's (XD) tomb? there are the exact same sarcophagus's, Rare i guess was being damn lazy at the time...

R Hunter 21st June 2005 04:48 AM

Yeah but think about it. What if Rare decided that hiding all the real eggs in special places and putting the fakes in normal spots would make people ask questions, so they decided to hide one real egg in plain sight to throw us off. It could be that the cyan is the fake cleverly made-up to look real, but then again this is all merely threoy...

DevilBottles 21st June 2005 05:06 AM

:D I just thought of something :D

:eek:

Have you seen the show called Unsolved Mysteries? XD

Ice Matt 21st June 2005 08:52 AM

It makes me wonder if SnS only had 3 eggs completed, so those were the only ones going to be used but because they never created areas for the other eggs they just chose some spots in the game at random to put the unused eggs in.

hatrickpatrick 21st June 2005 04:41 PM

I reckon that if any of the 3 which arent in special areas is real, it's probably the yellow one, since that is also in BT. Isn't it funny that the cyan one also has a special area but is NOT in BT?

But I still think we should keep trying the 4 eggs thing, it's the best lead we've got so far

hatrickpatrick 21st June 2005 04:43 PM

And sorry to disappoint everyone but I can confirm that the ice key goes through things if it doesn't have enough room to rotate without going through them. You can confirm that bu using the image mod to turn banjo into the key and go near a wall, the end of the key will go through the wall if it's at that angle...

Mumbo Dumbo 21st June 2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
And sorry to disappoint everyone but I can confirm that the ice key goes through things if it doesn't have enough room to rotate without going through them. You can confirm that bu using the image mod to turn banjo into the key and go near a wall, the end of the key will go through the wall if it's at that angle...

I figured as much...

hatrickpatrick 30th July 2005 08:37 PM

Well sorry I was gone for so long, did I miss anything interesting?
Also, demo control codes on the way, I didn't get a chance to finish hacking them before I left...

EvilPsycho 31st July 2005 12:18 AM

i still say both of the ones in MMM are fake due to my picture thing.

Fenikku 3rd August 2005 04:07 PM

But that is the thing! There are so many theories that we don't know what to do with! But please, refer back to the first few pages of this thread and read the fake interview originally posted by slaphappy. Be it fake or not, a lot of what he said can be considered feasable speculation. Just think about it: Banjo-Kazooie was, in fact, originally intended for the disk drive. With the disk drive, you were theoretically able to transfer data from game to game. Not to mention the "center four" eggs theory. But think about this: we could be searching for what would seem the most feasable combo of eggs when this could be another trap set by Rare. Find the eggs that don't stand out. Or collect the eggs Mumbo shows you and the key in order and beat the game with 100%. If we want to beat the crap out of Stop 'n Swop, we have to get organized. We need to assemble every piece of information we have into a list and investigate them piece by piece. This list should not be limited to the Banjo series and should include the Donkey Kong 64 ice key information, as that is evidence of what could have been an early version of Stop 'n Swop. We need both hackers and ordinaries, as any one gameshark code could lock up the SnS system. But most of all, we need cooperation if we are to solve this puzzle...Who is with me?

mrfleshcadge 3rd August 2005 05:29 PM

That is a very good point there! I wish I knew how to hack but im in!

Benjo Koolzooie 3rd August 2005 05:30 PM

Fenikku, good post.

I think one thing that needs to be constructed is an argument, if someone was to combat the idea, that only certain eggs need collecting. I to be honest, find the idea of Rare tricking us in to collecting wrong eggs a bit far-fetched - why would they? I'm temepted to think we were intended to collect all of them.

Can anybody persuede me otherwise?

Even if not, it doesn't matter, as it's a good thing people take others ideas, and not discard them, but bare them in mind, and go on with their other ideas if they believe in them. Make sense? We don't all need to concentrate on one idea, we should spread out a bit.

hatrickpatrick 3rd August 2005 09:01 PM

Thats true, benjo. I'm basing this theory on several pieces of evidence, 2 of which I will explain here.
In GbtG there's a board which tells you to get the key, then 4 eggs, and this will open a secret level. I'm inclined to research hints like this, as I feel rare probably DID put that in for a reason.
The other piece of evidence is, IMO, massive, but I forgot to post it here when I got back from holidays.
Potentially massive update!
We found a very unusual, and seemingly useless function in the game: in the "view totals" menu, worlds you are not currently in are either displayed in yellow or blue, and we made a list of which areas showed them blue, and which areas showed them yellow:
World line up:

Mumbo's Mountain: Yellow
Treasure Trove Cove: Blue
Clankers Cavern: Yellow
Bubblegloop Swamp: Yellow
Freezezy Peak: Blue
Gobi's Valley: Blue
Mad Monster Mansion: Yellow
Rusty Bucket Bay: Yellow
Click Clock Wood: Yellow

Total: Blue = 3. Yellow = 6
Notice something about that? All of the blue levels have secrets in them.
Then we have this:
Known Secret Room Line-up:

Shark Food Island (Treasure Trove Cove): Blue
Wozza's Cave (Freezezy Peak): Blue
Unlocked Tomb (Gobi's Valley): Blue
Cellar (Mad Monster Mansion): Blue
Bathroom (Mad Monster Mansion): Yellow
Captains Room (Rusty Bucket Bay): Yellow
Nabnuts House (Click Clock wood): Blue

Total: Blue = 5. Yellow = 2
See that? Well, if our theory of 4 eggs is correct, then there are 5 secrets to be collected: The eggs and the key. You'll notice that the ice key chamber (wozza's cave) is blue. So are 4 of the secret rooms. I have a very strong hunch that those are the secrets we need to collect. I'm just about to go into pj64 and try collecting only those. I think this might be a real clue in unlocking SnS and I'm sorry I didn't post this before, guys, Myself and Dotsnacker found it a few weeks ago, but it was the day before I went away and I completely forgot about it until now. I'm going to try collecting just those secrets, in that order, and see what happens.

DevilBottles 3rd August 2005 09:26 PM

i'm in with Fenniku and Benjo, and i like your evidence hatrick. this has sprung up quite a bit! .... but im confused about what you mean by "Known Secret Room Line-Up" ... explain?

Klungo 3rd August 2005 10:48 PM

Oh my god I just realized something. The blue levels all had the secrets in the ending sequence. I wonder if rare tricked us in GBTG. Maybe we shouldn't collect the ice key? Maybe the ice key and the other 2 eggs were for DK64, but they tricked us in the ending sequence. Try it both ways.

hatrickpatrick 4th August 2005 02:03 PM

Known secret room line up: It's the same as the level line up, except it shows the line up for individual secret rooms instead of entire levels. "Known" was put in because, if our theory is correct, there could be another secret room we don't know about...

Fenikku 4th August 2005 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
Fenikku, good post.

I think one thing that needs to be constructed is an argument, if someone was to combat the idea, that only certain eggs need collecting. I to be honest, find the idea of Rare tricking us in to collecting wrong eggs a bit far-fetched - why would they? I'm temepted to think we were intended to collect all of them.

Can anybody persuede me otherwise?

Even if not, it doesn't matter, as it's a good thing people take others ideas, and not discard them, but bare them in mind, and go on with their other ideas if they believe in them. Make sense? We don't all need to concentrate on one idea, we should spread out a bit.

But I'm not trying to persuade you to any degree. All I'm saying is that we have try everything and if nothing turns up, then there is no Stop 'n Swop.

Moving on.

I also had a theory: the map in the cabin had an X where Sharkfood Island is, and the egg had a seperate chamber. Now, based on info from Tooie, we can infer that the ship in RBB belongs to Blackeye. IF SO, then the red egg that appears in the cabin would belong to him. Now, take a look at MMM; you can see various pictures of Blackeye about the premesis. Notice the X barrel in the Basement? X MARKS THE SPOT as shown on the map in the cabin. That should cover three of four needed to be collected and two of which have their "seperate chambers." Nabnut's egg is obviously out of the question, leaving us with the fourth egg being either Loggo's or the one in the tomb. But honestly, who would hide an egg in a bathroom?

Anyways, if we want to find SnS, we have to get organized. I need several people to do some scouting with these theories in Banjo-Kazooie, and I need anyone who has Grabbed By The Ghoulies to do an extensive search of the game, taking as many screenshots as you can. We also need to search other Rare games for potentially hidden info. We can finally stick it to Rare once and for all.

EDIT: Oh, and we need hackers, lots of hackers.

Benjo Koolzooie 4th August 2005 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenikku
But I'm not trying to persuade you to any degree. All I'm saying is that we have try everything and if nothing turns up, then there is no Stop 'n Swop.

Nah, I didn't mean you personally on that section of my post. Just the first part was directed at you.

And, I am happy searching through Banjo Kazooie, etc so. Count me in. (I can't hack, but I am happy playing through trying things).

Fenikku 4th August 2005 04:19 PM

Yeah, I really want to learn how to hack, but i know nothing currently.

Benjo Koolzooie 4th August 2005 04:39 PM

If it can reveal the truth about SnS, then I am sure it could help.

Isaac 4th August 2005 05:29 PM

Hi...I just have a question...

I didn't read all the topic,but you're trying to find the use of the eggs right?

Benjo Koolzooie 4th August 2005 05:40 PM

Hi Isaac.

I think it is a combination of things. Some think SNS may exist, and are hoping to uncover the secrets. Others are interested in finding any other possible SNS related things (cut scenes, etc) relating to SNS, just in order to see what was going to happen.

But, we are not talking about the secret eggs and ice key that you find in Banjo Tooie.

Isaac 4th August 2005 06:13 PM

Yeah that I know...

In B-T,we need to Hatch these eggs ( I don't know what we get when we do that)

Whatever...I read that the color of the world changed when we were taking some egg,it happens to me too,but I don't know why.

I know that some of my egg are turning on the left,and some on the right,some are slower than the others.

That's strange...

Benjo Koolzooie 4th August 2005 07:58 PM

Hatching the eggs that are already in BT, and using the ice key, gives you; a jinjo to use in multiplayer , a new move which allows banjo to smack kazooie to the ground like a rubber chicken, and a mega glowbo, which is used to transofrm kazooie in to dragon kazooie. There's one more thing too. Can't remember what now.

If these eggs from BK were transfered to BT, who knows what they'd possbly unlock.

Do these world titles change color once you have the secrets corresponding with them, or are they always a different (but set) colour?

Also, I thought of the rumour mill on Rare's site some time back. They said, I am sure, that perhaps they'd devise a method so that cheated secrets would be rendered usless when swapped to Tooie. Which means, for the secrets in Bk to be usless they'd first have to be sent to Tooie in order to be usless, and the uslessness wouldn't be applicable to BK?

Jinjonater 4th August 2005 08:13 PM

In BK the area were the tooty pad is to take you to Gruntys Furnace fun there are six question marks on the wall. Mabye the eggs would originaly open up new places there.
Just a Thought.

Fenikku 4th August 2005 08:21 PM

I never noticed that.

Benjo Koolzooie 4th August 2005 08:31 PM

Yeah, I think that was mentioned over at gamefaqs too. But then again the ? could just refer to the "quiz arena" ahead.

Fenikku 4th August 2005 08:54 PM

True.

EvilPsycho 4th August 2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac
Hi...I just have a question...

I didn't read all the topic,but you're trying to find the use of the eggs right?

GJ benjo you just confused him.

We are trying to find which four eggs we are supposed to get. Considering the White Board in GBTG is true with says O+O+O+O=? and it says collect eggs, get secret level or something like that.

The GBTG white board

Fenikku 4th August 2005 09:10 PM

Well, not only do we have to collect an uncertain 4 eggs, we also have to figure out if there is an order to it.

EvilPsycho 4th August 2005 09:14 PM

Wait i think i got a theory............................................ .................

Maybe The wine cellar one and the one in RBB are fake.
Since all the other ones are associated with characters. Gobi's special door thing, Sharkfood island, Wozza ice thingy, Nabnut's house, Loggo's head.

I guess i have to add this to my topic.

trevor 4th August 2005 09:16 PM

When I got the blue and pink eggs plus the ice key the eggs spun at same speed. Next time I played I showed a freind I had the ice key because he never beliived me and found eggs spinning at diferant speeds. Next time playing the eggs were spinning at again differant speeds. Therefor I suppose there is no connection between spin speed and correct eggs

Trev

P.s. Any sandcastle codes to delete eggs from memory. Also I noticed if you start a new file you start with eggs and key.

Isaac 4th August 2005 09:18 PM

That's the way I got them.

I means,I had to start a new game,go to the sandcastle.

There,I wrote the code,then I loaded my original game,I went to the world and it was there.

The codes are connected to all the gamefile.

Fenikku 4th August 2005 09:20 PM

Of course, SnS acts for all files.

Evil Psycho, what character is the Sharkfood Island egg involved with?

Benjo Koolzooie 4th August 2005 09:21 PM

Quote:

GJ benjo you just confused him.

We are trying to find which four eggs we are supposed to get. Considering the White Board in GBTG is true with says O+O+O+O=? and it says collect eggs, get secret level or something like that.

The GBTG white board

Perhaps, but this is all a very complex thing. What order to get the eggs in, subsequently what they do. Also, I don't believe they do anything now, along with some others (open to ideas though and not completely wiping the ideas out), and so we are trying to find out what intended to occur and not what they do.