The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

hatrickpatrick 30th December 2005 05:09 PM

It's a long time since I've played BT, but isnt the "chosen one cheat" a proven hoax? I thought someone had found the entire codelist, and the chosen one code wasn't on it...

ChrisPBacon 30th December 2005 09:22 PM

That would make sense. I've discovered something about Grunty's lair in Tooie. It will be hard to explain without a screen shot, but there are repeating patterns on her wall. I've seen 3 faces of the same thing, it looks like a pumpkin with sharp teeth. Its got eyes too. I've also seen another image that looks like an imp, but I must just be going crazy. I'll try to get a screen shot.

Edit: That was not the best theory, but maybe it can prove something. Those same pictures are there on the walls of GL in BK, which means that it is very likely that rare re-used the original lair. Just something I noticed.

Upsilon 30th December 2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
We don't know that it isn't anything special yet though however, do we? I might write up to Rare and ask that as a question, along side some other questions relating to Rare games.

Hey, I guess they just thought it would be nice to show a cutscene of the parrot comically dying. Call me sceptical, but I seriously doubt that the solution to any mystery lies within this oddity.

Kab 31st December 2005 01:47 AM

Maybe, in the beta version, if you visited the Springtime area and killed a certain Big Clucker, it would fall out and smash Gnawty's rock. Then, you could go into his house and find...something. I dunno.

ChrisPBacon 31st December 2005 01:51 AM

Isnt there already a way to smash Gnawty's rock in the spring? I've heard of it but I dont know how.

repobanjo 31st December 2005 02:11 AM

Well placed eggs, my friend. Use the Down C (One of the few times you need to use it, and your not supposed to!) on the right place, and the egg will smash the boulder. Thats at least what I remember it to be.

Benjo Koolzooie 31st December 2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upsilon
Hey, I guess they just thought it would be nice to show a cutscene of the parrot comically dying. Call me sceptical, but I seriously doubt that the solution to any mystery lies within this oddity.

I don't know if you follow my posts in general, but you will see I am also sceptical when it comes to most things. I am not even claiming this is a solutionto anything or related to SNS? I am simply stating it is odd that a cut scene exists for these things. Why would we need a "comical cut scene" of the birds dying, in every season of Click Clock Wood we enter? Especially since their deaths are visible just killing them regular. The other creates that pop out of walls and do a comical thing don't get a cut scene - why these?

The only time cut scenes are generally issued is when there is some importance. It is possible that at one stage, the birds were part of the aquisition of a jiggy or something else.

Upsilon 31st December 2005 11:48 AM

Hey, don't ask me. Maybe Rare just thought the Big Cluckers were more funny than the Chompas? I admit, I can't think of a very good reason why, but I very much doubt that it's as significant as you're making it out to be.

icegod 31st December 2005 03:09 PM

Back on the snes, donkey kong county 2 there was a cheat. It involed something like going in a room, take some bananas, go back to that room, take some other bananas etc.

The point is that rare does weird things, it can very well be a cheat. Like kill a bird in spring, kill another one in the winter and so on.

ChrisPBacon 31st December 2005 04:07 PM

Wow, I just opened Gnawty's lair in the Spring. its very glitchy, but after the boulder cracked it showed a shot of the flower that you water with Goby. Inside the lair it shows Mumbo's skull, but once you jump out of the pool you fall through a hole and wind up at the start pad. Very interesting, I'm gonna do it again.

Edit: I tried it again, and found more things. There is a path of water that you can follow which will take you back to Gnawty, but the path goes through the wall and is one way. Someone else should try it, its very neat.

dmoss 31st December 2005 06:55 PM

Hmmm...we should try this then. Let's organize a way to attempt finding a special pattern for each season. I think we should try entering the Spring, and then killing a Big Clucker. If nothing "Special" happens, then exit, and try killing a different one when you re-enter. If you kill the correct one, shouldn't there be a *DING* when it happens? Then, once you find the right one from the Spring, continue on for each Season...I know I sound sarcastic, but I'm not. Perhaps there really is something to this...who wants to start? I'll try it as soon as I get my BK back from Grandma...I know, weird.

hatrickpatrick 31st December 2005 10:17 PM

Quote:

Back on the snes, donkey kong county 2 there was a cheat. It involed something like going in a room, take some bananas, go back to that room, take some other bananas etc.
That was one of the most ridiculously complicated cheats of its time...
1: Get the bananas at the start of the first level
2: Go into the cabin and leave without getting the life balloon
3: Get the bananas again (they've respawned by now)
4: Go back in and this time get the balloon
5: Get the bananas yet again
6: Go back in, and a kremcoin is in the air. It's worth 75 kremcoins, the total needed to use all of the lost levels portals.

So yes, we can certainly count on rare to have something incredibly subtle and elaborate...

icegod 1st January 2006 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoss
Hmmm...we should try this then. Let's organize a way to attempt finding a special pattern for each season. I think we should try entering the Spring, and then killing a Big Clucker. If nothing "Special" happens, then exit, and try killing a different one when you re-enter. If you kill the correct one, shouldn't there be a *DING* when it happens? Then, once you find the right one from the Spring, continue on for each Season...I know I sound sarcastic, but I'm not. Perhaps there really is something to this...who wants to start? I'll try it as soon as I get my BK back from Grandma...I know, weird.

Yes there should be a ding sound, in normal games ;). But this is rare remember :)? If you enter a cheatcode in ttc sand castle, like "cheatdontbeadumbogoseemumbo" only the letters "c"h"e"a"t" will give a sound, can very well be that if you hit a big clucker only the first one gives a cutscene.

I would try paterns like killing the first clucker on your way in spring, kill the second in summer, the third in automn and the fourth in winter, or something like that.

Benjo Koolzooie 1st January 2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upsilon
Hey, don't ask me. Maybe Rare just thought the Big Cluckers were more funny than the Chompas? I admit, I can't think of a very good reason why, but I very much doubt that it's as significant as you're making it out to be.

I said it isn't significant in otherwords. I said it probably used to be, but is somewhat of a "beta" thing now, more than of any use. The only reason cut scene plays in BK is when it is pointing of something being of potential use, etiher it being somewhere to go, or connected to a "string" of a puzzle, like the Croctus things in Bubblegloop Swamp.

Like I say, probably once was part of something , now isn't, but Rare left it in anyway. I don't see the sense of Cluckers getting a cut scene for amusment purposes (in each season?) unless it was once of some use.

hatrickpatrick 1st January 2006 06:18 PM

Well I see two potential ways of looking at this.
1: (The calm way) it was probably something like "kill all the cluckers and get a jiggy" like the snowmen in FP
2: (The hyper way) Well there are 4 seasons, and we reckon we have to get 4 SnS eggs... Maybe it opens one for each season?

I seriously doubt it ever was connected to SnS but you really can't tell

And actually, now I think of it, there are only 3 seasons with cluckers in them (none in winter) so it really CAN'T be an egg for each or anything like that...

ChaoticTH 1st January 2006 06:27 PM

I have thought about this...and I have summed up THAT,

The cluckers have nothing to do with SnS.

*Strikes off the theory

icegod 1st January 2006 07:18 PM

I think instead of looking for new things, we should look at the things we allready know.

- In banjo-tooie the text "Gruntys lair (tower room)"
- the fact that bk writes to the memory pack
And many other odd things I can't think of now (look at hatrick patrick's post some pages back)

Also something I find odd, if you unlock the sns items through the codes in ttc sand castle, you just see a small cutscene without sound. SNS was something special, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to included some kind of sound, like the sound when you open a level.

This may be a sign that the sand castle codes aren't the wright way of opening these locations, and are instead just debug codes.

Benjo Koolzooie 1st January 2006 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icegod
I think instead of looking for new things, we should look at the things we allready know.

- In banjo-tooie the text "Gruntys lair (tower room)"
- the fact that bk writes to the memory pack
And many other odd things I can't think of now (look at hatrick patrick's post some pages back)

Also something I find odd, if you unlock the sns items through the codes in ttc sand castle, you just see a small cutscene without sound. SNS was something special, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to included some kind of sound, like the sound when you open a level.

This may be a sign that the sand castle codes aren't the wright way of opening these locations, and are instead just debug codes.

The way BK writes to the memory pack is hardly new information though, it has been credited on BoltDragoon's site for absolutely years, yet for some reason, no one ever commented on it. In fact, this talk of Cluckers isn't new, I've mentioned that in the past before out of curiosity.

But, back to the memory card aspect. Wasn't it mentioned in a thread that the card only writes the information, for the card not to read the game?

On the topic of the debug codes etc, they could very well be. We won't ever know... I don't think. The movie clips present in BK are generally short and lack much sound as it is, so these aren't totally forced to be debug. But, when you consider the Ice Key chamber's ice panel splits in to two , as opposed to just being removed, it could very well indicate there was at some stage some scene of the ice wall sliding open. Or, is the fact it is in 2 just an easy way to remove the door? Then again - why not just remove it full stop?

hatrickpatrick 1st January 2006 08:32 PM

I still maintain that if we find anything of SnS it will probably be a cutscene. Most likely. And I think that if we can find an instant cutscene code (like instant warp - an address where each value is a cutscene, so we can just look at them all one by one) we'll finally get to the bottom of all this. Unfortunatly I'm beginning to have serious doubt about the existence of such an address >_<

However, I do believe that the cutscenes are still in the game, and are probably triggered by the "legitimate" method of unlocking the secret areas.

I'm switching my focus to BT for a few days, I believe the discovery of the base egg in PAL could completely change the situation. If the base egg is, indeed, in the PAL version, there could be more left of BT's sns than we thought. I still highly doubt the entire SnS is there, but there could be more clues as to how it was originally unlocked.

Gaming Master2k 1st January 2006 09:03 PM

I tried to get the base egg in PAL (from that site you gave me and another one) and my game froze on me. I wish you luck though, maybe there was something wrong with my ROM.

Hikari 1st January 2006 10:53 PM

Hello guys ^^

I'm new on this forum and right now I'm still reading all the pages of this thread. As soon as I finish it (I'm already on 71 now), I'll introduce myself properly.
For now I just wanna say this idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Unfortunatly the object mod doesnt work for the different eggs (at least in BK it doesnt)
What happens is this: the game checks what room you're in when you collect the base egg, and if you're in a room which has an egg (such as the cellar, for example), it records that you have the cyan egg. If you're in nabnut's house and change his bed into the base egg, you have the yellow egg. If you go into the captains cabin and change a grublin into the base egg, it's the red egg. The colour of the egg stays yellow, but the SnS screen records which colour you have.

And what happens if you put the base egg on a room where there is no egg, or put an egg on its room again after it has already been gotten (by GameShark method or by code method)?
Try to cheat the egg getting system. Is it possible to to see which instructions are beeing run and see which memory area they are accessing?

And in BT what happens if the egg is got?
I suppose BK's system is not there, because the eggs are not meant to be got on BT...
What would happen if you put more BK cartridges and get/destroy them? Probably they will behave like the original item modded, but anyway...

totokan 2nd January 2006 12:32 AM

Hello, I'm new. I just read the whole thread, and if anyone needs me to do something, I have an n64, gameshark (the one that plugs into the computer) banjo-kazooie, and banjo-tooie all NTSC. The B-K doesn't have any secret items, I'm pretty sure of that.
Ak! 1150 posts read in 1hr!

ChaoticTH 2nd January 2006 01:05 AM

well, looks like we have another member to assist us!

Welcome Totakan!

totokan 2nd January 2006 01:52 AM

Well, after dusting off my n64, I've found out 2 things:
1) The GS doesn't want to work for me
2) I already have the eggs + key but have not completed the game (94 jiggies, 800 and something notes, undefeated final boss)

Hikari 2nd January 2006 03:24 AM

Quote:

Yes there should be a ding sound, in normal games ;). But this is rare remember :)? If you enter a cheatcode in ttc sand castle, like "cheatdontbeadumbogoseemumbo" only the letters "c"h"e"a"t" will give a sound, can very well be that if you hit a big clucker only the first one gives a cutscene.

I would try paterns like killing the first clucker on your way in spring, kill the second in summer, the third in automn and the fourth in winter, or something like that.

Well I also think it unlikely has any importance, but why not try?
I'd kill the same bird on all seasons, avoiding killing any other thing (ot the fewest possible).

Quote:

Agreed.
Think of it: Rareware puts the end scene of Mumbo revealing 3 mistery itens and saying that they'll only be gotten when BT is released. If on BT these codes would reveled, all of us would be very anxious of finding and finalling getting them, and even more admired when we'd discover that there were not 2 but 6 (or the number they'd reveal) eggs!
Would the time that we enter the code have only those short scenes, to then have music and Banjo/Kazooie speaking when we get there?
More: on BK, the codes that Cheato gives don't have CHEAT first. I think the mistery itens codes wouldn't have it too.

Benjo Koolzooie 2nd January 2006 09:24 AM

Welcome totokan and Hikari. Nice to have you join us, ad well done on the reading!

Hatrick, do you think the cutscene is even forced to be in BT? Could it not have been in BT and then transfered over? Or would the scene have to be in BK first?

totokan 2nd January 2006 02:36 PM

See, my theory is that the sandcastle codes for the eggs/key were put in for one of two reasons. The first (and less likely) is that they knew at some point of the development of B-K that nintendo wouldn't allow SnS. Instead of removing the whole sequence of items and wasting time, they just removed the activator that starts the whole sequence off, the one triggered by B-T. Then, they proceeded to add these secret sandcastle codes so that people would have a glimpse of what SnS was.
The second (and more likely) reason is that we're missing something. It may not be an egg, key, or sandcastle code, but there's the slight chance that something is not there when it should be to do all this. It may be in B-T, albeit only in the NTSC one, but it has to exist. The discovery of the base egg in B-T means they exist. If I did one thing, I would go into every level and turn something into the base egg. Eventually, you would find where they go, since it becomes it's right color in the room it's supposed to be in. Or, it could have something to do with the destroyed castle. Where mumbo's mountain usually is, maybe they were going to put a SnS thing there. But, since it was canned, they covered it like they did the other one.

hatrickpatrick 2nd January 2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Hatrick, do you think the cutscene is even forced to be in BT? Could it not have been in BT and then transfered over? Or would the scene have to be in BK first?
I honestly don't believe they would transfer a cutscene like that. It would require WAY too much information. The cutscenes have to be somewhere in BK, of the doors opening and so on. The cutscenes in BT may or may not have been removed, but we probably won't find out which for a very long time...

We have another problem, as well
The base egg is yellow, and the yellow egg itself is in BT. So how do we know whether it's really the base egg we've found, or just the yellow egg? That could turn out to be fairly difficult to prove...

ChaoticTH 2nd January 2006 04:33 PM

okay, explain a bit more about the "Base" egg please.

Hikari 2nd January 2006 07:50 PM

I think there is no SNS on BT, because why would Rareware insert it completely on both games and not use it? In compensation, I also think SNS is complete on BK (its part of course), because they said inside the game and during some time after its release that we should wait until BT release to get access to the Mistery Itens.
The problem is that in some time after BK release and before BT release SNS was canceled, they inserted the cartridges on BT and never talked about it anymore.

What I fear is that BT was meat to be for 64DD, and only in it the Mistery Itens access could be triggered. If a 64DD game is able to manipulate/change a cartridge info, like put BT's Banjo inside BK's worlds, maybe there is really no genuine way to access them from BK without 64DD's BT, only the data is on BK waiting for 64DD's BT to use it :(

One intriguing thing: on Mumbo's photos, Banjo pass though Ice Key's wall, while using the cheat code the wall is gone like it was crashed...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticYoshi
okay, explain a bit more about the "Base" egg please.

In short, on BK, there are not 6 eggs, there is only 1 yellow egg. The 6 colors are inserted on the base egg depending on the area you are. And the game knows which egg you got also checking where you are when you get the base egg.
SubDrag discovered the base egg on BK, and also discovered it on USA's BT version, while in Euro's version the base egg was removed. On BT the base egg is never used (at least legally for now)

hatrickpatrick 2nd January 2006 08:13 PM

hold on, though. How do we tell the difference between the base egg and the yellow egg in BT?

ChrisPBacon 2nd January 2006 08:24 PM

I douby this could do anything, but if you opened the GV door to the blue egg while Gobi was still sitting by it, would he go in it or stay? I'm sure he would probably stay, but maybe he would enter. Probably a stupid idea, but it was just a thought that came to me.

mario_bob 2nd January 2006 09:02 PM

SNS suxs i still didn't get it to work and i typed in the code right so many times.

hatrickpatrick 2nd January 2006 09:32 PM

don't start a flame war, just mark messages which annoy you. Flame wars are the single biggest destroyers of threads here...

mario_bob 2nd January 2006 09:45 PM

Yes mewchan anywasy it really never works for me

banjo nerd 2nd January 2006 10:26 PM

great idea chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisPBacon
That would make sense. I've discovered something about Grunty's lair in Tooie. It will be hard to explain without a screen shot, but there are repeating patterns on her wall. I've seen 3 faces of the same thing, it looks like a pumpkin with sharp teeth. Its got eyes too. I've also seen another image that looks like an imp, but I must just be going crazy. I'll try to get a screen shot.

Edit: That was not the best theory, but maybe it can prove something. Those same pictures are there on the walls of GL in BK, which means that it is very likely that rare re-used the original lair. Just something I noticed.

Thats actualy a good idea chris,think about .....or even better compare it.Chris where was the pics of the imp,pumpkin with the teeth.What side i mean on the wall was it near cheato or the picture of grunty.If it is on the side of cheato( say right side)then maby play banjo-kazoiee and since cheato is right infront of mumbos moutain tunnel place(in bt).Then maby go to that wall in bk and see if it has the same images.If yes then maby, just maby we will finaly have some proof of....wait since in bt it is called tower room.Maby theres an elevator to the beauty room what is at top of the tower,just another one of my silly theories

ChrisPBacon 3rd January 2006 12:27 AM

The images are in the exact same place, I cant see any difference in the pictures what so ever. one is on Cheato's right, (your left), another is by the boulder wall, and a third is on top of the entrance door.

banjo nerd 3rd January 2006 12:44 AM

hmm strange...EURIKA! just like you said, rare probly used the same lair as in the first one.Thiers only one way to find out if you can get into,say mumbos mountain.So i got an idea out a this,when i was playing bk with my dad and sister and you know in the beggining of her lair the slope. i was right a inch a way from the slope and i was playing with the camera and the camera went threw the wall and i a flash of mumbos mountain appeard like then entrance,i lost my bt cartridge im gonna get one sunday.Can somone do this but on bt

mario_bob 3rd January 2006 12:59 AM

I think sns is a myth

banjo nerd 3rd January 2006 01:22 AM

o.k go back to my little pony bob, heh nothin to see