The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

S-pac69 27th June 2006 06:15 AM

Wow, those pics do look alot like S&S is on them, I wonder if that was intentional in any way.

kingpaco 27th June 2006 06:31 PM

i remember when i got BK it was one of the happiest days of my life:D (sadly, it's true)
it was actually X-mas 1998 when i got it and after that i wouldn't stop playing it
i remember getting to the doors and doing everything i knew how to do to get it to open, but it never did

krueger14 27th June 2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpaco
i remember when i got BK it was one of the happiest days of my life:D (sadly, it's true)
it was actually X-mas 1998 when i got it and after that i wouldn't stop playing it

exactly the same here

milkb0ne 27th June 2006 08:14 PM

yep i went crazy too when i got it on christmas 98

Ozimul 28th June 2006 03:31 AM

I don't know if anyone's mentioned/tested this, but has anyone gone to Terry the Pteridactal (can't spell, :p) with the BT SnS eggs? I could try it, I haven't given them to Heggy yet...

Dricenticore 28th June 2006 11:20 AM

Nice idea there.

I mainlt think that SNS is gone but that if we hack tooie enough we might find a cutscene and that there is a legit way of getting the items.

I mean, think about it. Theoritically, the "Put in Other Game" screen wouldnt be in kazooie is DK64 isnt included, and that might not be the case.

After a ot of sugar, I came up with the following stupid theories:

If Kazooie/Tooie was the only connection, it would work by
1. Completing Both games 100%
2. <insert action here> in tooie
3. <insert kazooie here>
4. Items available (open)
5. <Insert tooie here>
6. Use secrets in tooie.
^ Basically, completing tooie leaves an "Items open" string of code in the RAM for a second, putting in kazooie reads that and opens the items, cutscenes, getting the items leaves an "items obtained" string of code in the RAM, put in tooie, tooie reads it, you have the items.

So SNS cutscenes and activator in tooie, second activator in kazoie after you grab the items. No need for physics or anything to be "sent over".

Sorry thats a bit ,messed up.

Anywho, if the connection includes DK64 (unlikely)
1. Complete all games
2. Perform *action* in DK64, items open data left.
3. Switch to kazooie
4. Ice key only (maybe some eggs, we dont know) open string of data read.
5. Obtain ice key. Ice key (eggs?) obtained data left.
6. Switch to DK, Item(s) obtained data read
7. Use items for whatever
8. Repeat steps 2-7 replacing the words DK64 with Tooie.

Yeah i know its messy and probably wrong, whatever. I just thought id say that and get some CONSTRUCTIVE (emphasis there) criticism.

EDIT: TOTPD!!!

BanjoPL 28th June 2006 01:57 PM

You have great theory!But there is one problem:we complete BK on 100%,we complete DK64 on 101% but I'm think we complete BT only on 99%...
Our status:
BK 100%
DK64 101%
BT 99%

Campusanis 28th June 2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

I mean, think about it. Theoritically, the "Put in Other Game" screen wouldnt be in kazooie is DK64 isnt included, and that might not be the case.
This brings me to an essential question:
Was BK intended to ask you to switch to BT (in which case we could find this) or was BT intended to give a full How-To guide (i.e., it would mention one particular moment/situation, in which you'd have to swap)? If the latter is correct, it's possible that BK itself doesn't react with any visuals whatsoever. Which in turn means that even if we'd find the right way to activate the swapping in BK, we wouldn't know that we did.

Crystal_bear 28th June 2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozimul
I don't know if anyone's mentioned/tested this, but has anyone gone to Terry the Pteridactal (can't spell, :p) with the BT SnS eggs? I could try it, I haven't given them to Heggy yet...

Terry didn't even hatch his eggs on his own, so what would make him speical in SNS?

Ozimul 28th June 2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal_bear
Terry didn't even hatch his eggs on his own, so what would make him speical in SNS?

I know he's got his own eggs to worry about, but think about this.

Blackeye could possibly have something to do with SnS. The only "egg" I think of when I think about Blackeye is the TTC egg. And we haven't found anything else concerning Blackeye except for pictures in MMM. I don't think that Blackeye could hatch an egg, anyway.

I'm just throwing Terry out there as an idea, because Heggy the Hen didn't help, and she's the only other character that talks about eggs.
(All right, being able to slam Kazooie into the ground is fun, but you don't need to do that to beat the game, nor do you need the homing cheat (unless your aim REALLY sucks) or the multiplayer Jinjo.) I'm going to be in Terrydactyland soon, so I'll see if anything's different during the fight with Terry. If not, I'll gladly drop this idea of Terry being involved in SnS. It is, after all, just an idea.

Dylan Yoshi 29th June 2006 01:33 AM

I may have just made a mega discovery...

Well, when I heard about the seagull song in Jolly's Inn via clockwork Kazooie Egg, I decided to try it out. I got it to work several times (and found it worked by making the Clockwork Kazooie Egg explode anywhere in Blackeye's room) and then started to mess around in the inn. Well, my mom wanted to watch TV, so I left the game on, unpaused, while next to the barrel of Ginger Beer on the far left.

I came back to find the game frozen. Apparantly, my dog's toy landed on the game cartridge. I thought the game had come out of the N64, but it was still in place, as secure as ever. I turned off the game and turned it back on and no data was damaged.

When it happened, I wasn't thinking about what the possibilities were and was simply concerned about corrupted data. Then I realised how much of a major discovery this was. I went back to Jolly's Inn and activated the seagull music. I ran back to the spot I was standing before and went to eat dinner to see if waiting had any affect on it. When I came back, I had no luck.

Then, I decided to touch the game cartridge to see what would happen. The game's sound started glitching up, and soon completely froze. I didn't take the game pack out at all. I just touched it. The data wasn't corrupted when I turned the game off and on, so this could easily be safe to do.

But, being the coward I am, I don't want to try anything before someone else experiments with it. When I did this I had all 90 Jiggies, and the only item in the game I was missing was Canary Mary's last Cheato Page.

milkb0ne 29th June 2006 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
I may have just made a mega discovery...

Well, when I heard about the seagull song in Jolly's Inn via clockwork Kazooie Egg, I decided to try it out. I got it to work several times (and found it worked by making the Clockwork Kazooie Egg explode anywhere in Blackeye's room) and then started to mess around in the inn. Well, my mom wanted to watch TV, so I left the game on, unpaused, while next to the barrel of Ginger Beer on the far left.

I came back to find the game frozen. Apparantly, my dog's toy landed on the game cartridge. I thought the game had come out of the N64, but it was still in place, as secure as ever. I turned off the game and turned it back on and no data was damaged.

When it happened, I wasn't thinking about what the possibilities were and was simply concerned about corrupted data. Then I realised how much of a major discovery this was. I went back to Jolly's Inn and activated the seagull music. I ran back to the spot I was standing before and went to eat dinner to see if waiting had any affect on it. When I came back, I had no luck.

Then, I decided to touch the game cartridge to see what would happen. The game's sound started glitching up, and soon completely froze. I didn't take the game pack out at all. I just touched it. The data wasn't corrupted when I turned the game off and on, so this could easily be safe to do.

But, being the coward I am, I don't want to try anything before someone else experiments with it. When I did this I had all 90 Jiggies, and the only item in the game I was missing was Canary Mary's last Cheato Page.

so what ur saying is that the only featur of this is the game freezing? (sry for the horrible spelling if i did)

Dylan Yoshi 29th June 2006 02:31 AM

Well, it could just be game freezing, but hot/cold swapping at this time could be what we're looking for. After all, this seems like it could be an equivilent to DKC2's 75 Krem Coin trick.

BriJr 29th June 2006 08:45 PM

Something like that happened to me once.

collecter 30th June 2006 11:54 AM

Is there any way for hackers to find out if the seagull music changes any odd peices of code or not?

DemyGod 30th June 2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collecter
Is there any way for hackers to find out if the seagull music changes any odd peices of code or not?

It's not a cheat, is it? I thought it was just a glitch, not suppose to happen.

pinkbull 30th June 2006 06:08 PM

No it's not a glitch. Sombody commented about it in one of the scribes. They were apauled that they called it a glitch. Alot of people speculate that this is what was used to activate Stop 'n' Swap. Like the all Kremicoins cheat. Just some very random actions that would activate Stop 'n' Swap.

Dylan Yoshi 30th June 2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbull
No it's not a glitch. Sombody commented about it in one of the scribes. They were apauled that they called it a glitch. Alot of people speculate that this is what was used to activate Stop 'n' Swap. Like the all Kremicoins cheat. Just some very random actions that would activate Stop 'n' Swap.

Which is exactly what I was getting at in my post.

Dylan Yoshi 1st July 2006 12:40 AM

Alright, sorry for double posting, but this is too major of a discovery to edit.

Get this: My friend convinced me to do what I did before. I DIDN'T touch the cartridge, turned the game off, and put BK in as quickly as I could. I've done this in several other places with no luck.

This time was different. The intro SFX played and the screen was completly black. In fear of something going wrong, I turned off the game.

For those who have 1% more courage than I do, go ahead and try this. Stop N Swop could be easily solved at this point.

Tatsumaru 1st July 2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

This time was different. The intro SFX played and the screen was completly black. In fear of something going wrong, I turned off the game.

For those who have 1% more courage than I do, go ahead and try this. Stop N Swop could be easily solved at this point.

Good thing I have two of the same game (EDIT: Two of BK, not Banjo-Tooie). ^^ One for normal, one for experiments like this.

((Actually, my friend gave me his because he sold his N64. I don't remember why, though. I had an extra BK, so I just started messing with one))

My result was pretty much the same thing.. but the intro music was skipping. I turned it off after five seconds. It really isn't a good idea..

VGMaster64 1st July 2006 01:47 AM

Hello all, I've just signed up. In case you were wondering (probably not), I was the person who recommended that Dylan do what he did. Now as soon as I get home (I'm out on a trip at the moment), I'm gonna do this, and I'm not gonna be stopping 'til I get to the bottom of this. I don't really mind if my file or whatever is deleted, because I've done everything I possibly could have in the game except finding out this elusive Stop n' Swop mystery.

Therefore, I'm prepared to do anything to figure this predicament out.

And I mean anything. <_<

milkb0ne 1st July 2006 03:11 AM

Quote:

Alright, sorry for double posting, but this is too major of a discovery to edit.

Get this: My friend convinced me to do what I did before. I DIDN'T touch the cartridge, turned the game off, and put BK in as quickly as I could. I've done this in several other places with no luck.

i had the courage and when i tryd it the game froze as soon as it got to the BK press start screen so i restarted the game pressed start and found out my 3 games wer earased im freakin out at that point so i turn the game on like 20 min later and then i have the 3 saves back dont be afraid to try this its just an illusion that ur games are gone

Dricenticore 1st July 2006 03:49 AM

Or maybe the fact that you refuse to use grammar and punctuation gave you uber powerz?

Tatsumaru 1st July 2006 04:12 AM

o_0;

I think your 'illusion' was the N64 not reading the cartridge (and/or the save files) properly..

That's happened to me several times on BK.. me and my curiosity of SnS.

BanjoPL 1st July 2006 10:18 AM

In Jolly's menu Seaman Suprise cost 5 doubledoons.Maybe this is refrence to Captain Blackeye?He is a pirate so he is a seaman.His suprise would be glass of water.
So...
Seaman Suprise=Captain Blackeye's another glass of water

There is possible collect 5 doubledoons after get jiggy and page from Pawno.We must destroy Jolly's door and save 2.Get 2 from Blackeye and don't give 1 to Blubber...
2+2+1=5
SEAMAN SUPRISE $5

s.w.a.t 1st July 2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanjoPL
In Jolly's menu Seaman Suprise cost 5 doubledoons.Maybe this is refrence to Captain Blackeye?He is a pirate so he is a seaman.His suprise would be glass of water.
So...
Seaman Suprise=Captain Blackeye's another glass of water

There is possible collect 5 doubledoons after get jiggy and page from Pawno.We must destroy Jolly's door and save 2.Get 2 from Blackeye and don't give 1 to Blubber...
2+2+1=5
SEAMAN SUPRISE $5

I don't think that's what they meant. See, when a mommy REALLY loves a daddy, sometrhing wonderful happens.

Yuoko 1st July 2006 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatsumaru
o_0;

I think your 'illusion' was the N64 not reading the cartridge (and/or the save files) properly..

That's happened to me several times on BK.. me and my curiosity of SnS.

And to me because my Gameshark dislikes my Banjo-Kazooie Cart. :rolleyes:
Here.
Eh, did we do anything constructive while I was gone?

maypep_necro 1st July 2006 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuoko
And to me because my Gameshark dislikes my Banjo-Kazooie Cart. :rolleyes:
Here.
Eh, did we do anything constructive while I was gone?

What's wrong?

JaredDSMan 1st July 2006 08:53 PM

Wow, I have been having some PC problems but now just restarted my OS again. :( Well, I lost my PJ64 and all but can easily get it back. I have tried "hot-swapping" with my N64 BK and BT a few times but no avail. Has anyone tried it without the Expansion Pak inserted? I wonder if that would do anything. Also, is there any devices for the N64 that allow you to save multiple game files to it? I remember for the GameBoy you could get one that allowed you to use many save slots. Basically would act like you could have 3 Saves on one file, then 3 more on the next one, etc. That would be cool if they got one of those for N64.

ultramegadude 2nd July 2006 01:28 AM

speakin of gamesharks and all... on my pj64 i used the gameshark code to get the yellow egg and i used the moon jump to get the ice key. wen i paused it to check out the s'n's menu, it wasnt there. has this happend to anyone? :confused:

supuhchris 2nd July 2006 02:17 AM

it's kind of funny

everyones talking about this, yet, no ones bothered to try it and post wether it works or not. odd.

Dricenticore 2nd July 2006 04:02 AM

Mainly because WE DONT KNOW WHAT IT CAN DO TO OUR CARTRIDGES OR HOW TO MAKE THE SWOP SCREEN APPEAR. Think about that for about half an hour before responding. Maybe you'll learn how to read well enough to get on to the blue level. I'll know if you didn't, because you'll post he same thing as before or you'll post that you know how to do SNS but you aren't going to tell us.

Tatsumaru 2nd July 2006 04:14 AM

Some of us aren't fond of our N64 and/or cartidges being corrupted enough to the point that they won't work anymore. It's a very risky matter.

Erasing a save file is better than that, for sure.. that can always be redone. Just a hassle to do x_x

s.w.a.t 2nd July 2006 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supuhchris
everyones talking about this, yet, no ones bothered to try it and post wether it works or not. odd.

Then you do it smart one.

Dricenticore 2nd July 2006 04:20 AM

That's pretty much what I meant.

You do it soup!

ultramegadude 2nd July 2006 04:56 AM

hey im willing to break my n64 and cartridge.. wut are we tryin to do again?

EvilPsycho 2nd July 2006 05:00 AM

Wouldn't removing the memory card in the front of the N64 erase the memory?

I don't know, I always said that inside the cartridge of Banjo Tooie there is a map. I mean it could fit in the extra space cant it?

maypep_necro 2nd July 2006 06:28 AM

Sorry for off topic but i was googling and i found a banjo threeie xbox 360 case: http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1...yfanart4dg.jpg

Tiptup300 2nd July 2006 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maypep_necro
Sorry for off topic but i was googling and i found a banjo threeie xbox 360 case: http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1...yfanart4dg.jpg

Thats a pic photoshoped pic of the old banjo games that a dude made on an another forum I was on like 2 years ago, I wish I remembered that forum :(

EDIT: NOBODY did this yet?!?!??!?!?!? 184 pages and NOBODY DID IT! Ever hear of an EMULATOR! Why not just use your pc to try it! All we need is a screen that says something like "now take out the game,....blah blah blah". I was gonna play some BK anyways so I guess I'll just do these eggs and there was a statement that rare made saying that some eggs are fake that hackers will get that will disable the SnS feature from working.

supuhchris 2nd July 2006 02:05 PM

the reason i can't try it is because I DON"T HAVE A GAMESHARK. i ordered one off of ebay and it hasn't gotten here yet.