The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Yuoko 14th March 2006 04:15 PM

I would LAUGH if we found something that simply in BT... ;)
But yes, Pikachu, that would seem to be the best COA...

Skill 15th March 2006 01:13 AM

The weird thing is if i was going to type in say CH and then K it would cancle out so if we could get it in the right order of how the letters go it would continue to light up the whole board. I don't think this would count as a cheat so it might not have been located with the all the others that have been found.
Does any one else want to go playing around in the temple because you don't need anything but the game.

Hollow Note 15th March 2006 04:14 AM

It's a complicated algorithm of letters. Where, 'A' stands for 'S' and 'Q' stands for 'W'. Given that the variable Y is equivilent to 89, solve for X.

(You may use scratch paper and a calculator...) :D

thatguyjr 15th March 2006 04:25 AM

Code chamber in BT

ok, to say this as clear as possible, the code chamber in BT is weird. I did research through in game testing on GameFAQs back in the day. When you put in a cheat that you have been told by cheato, but not a "CHEATO" type cheat, the letters on the wallturn red, right? But, if you stop the cheat part way through, and move around, the letters stay red. If you also stop the cheat before finishing, and immediately move on to a different cheat, including the letters "CHEATO" as a cheat, the previous code's letters will remain red. It is posible to light up a LOT of squares at a time. As far as the red-letter codes, that is as much as I know.

If my memory serves me right, though, the "CHEATO" codes function a little bit differently. When you begin entering a CHEATO code, if you hit a wrong letter, the incorrect sound buzzes on the letter after the incorrect letter. Try it out. Start a new game, or clear your code chamber through other means. Spell out C-H-E-A-T-O-S-R-E-H-T-A-E-Q-H. You would expect the "Q" to cause a buzz, but it doesn't. The third "H" in the sequence will cause the error noise. Its weird.

Fenikku 15th March 2006 10:23 PM

Does this mean it's an extra code we missed?

Banjoman 15th March 2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguyjr
ok, to say this as clear as possible, the code chamber in BT is weird. I did research through in game testing on GameFAQs back in the day. When you put in a cheat that you have been told by cheato, but not a "CHEATO" type cheat, the letters on the wallturn red, right? But, if you stop the cheat part way through, and move around, the letters stay red. If you also stop the cheat before finishing, and immediately move on to a different cheat, including the letters "CHEATO" as a cheat, the previous code's letters will remain red. It is posible to light up a LOT of squares at a time. As far as the red-letter codes, that is as much as I know.

If my memory serves me right, though, the "CHEATO" codes function a little bit differently. When you begin entering a CHEATO code, if you hit a wrong letter, the incorrect sound buzzes on the letter after the incorrect letter. Try it out. Start a new game, or clear your code chamber through other means. Spell out C-H-E-A-T-O-S-R-E-H-T-A-E-Q-H. You would expect the "Q" to cause a buzz, but it doesn't. The third "H" in the sequence will cause the error noise. Its weird.

Whoa that's crazy. I got the same thing. Cheato Srehtaegh? Huh, not sure what it means.

Ice Lightning 15th March 2006 10:31 PM

Couldn't you just search in the memory for cheat codes? Isn't that what Ice and Sub did to find the sandcastle codes? If so, then why can't you do the same for Banjo Tooie?

Banjoman 15th March 2006 10:34 PM

I was wondering that too. Maybe cause some people are lazy? I dunno. :P

Skill 16th March 2006 12:58 AM

^ Well my idea was that it could be possible to light up the whole board seeing as though i got as far as i did, but it would seem as though i was wrong since what thatguyjr said makes sence. However since its not a cheat it proberbly wouldn't be located with the cheats in memory, i just think it would be cool to be able to light up all the letters and also it would give us something to do untill someone who can hack really really well comes back. But your right i spose, so lets try something else has anyone got anywhere new with the RSA or silo's.

Actually what is weird is that under the skull and cross bones on blackeye's hat there is some writting that sort of looks like View totals, does anyone know what it actually say's.

I just thought i'd bring this up again
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Here's another thought I had the other day: Fungus Forest and Mt Fire Eyes were completely removed from BK, and, as such, there are NO refrences to them whatsoever in memory.

The SnS screen was not removed, and the text "stop n swop" can be seen in memory whether the screen has been unlocked yet or not.

In BT, the text Ridiculously Secret Area1, Silo 8, and Silo 9 can be seen whether these menu options have been activated or not. to clarify: Even if you havent activated them so you can see them in the menu, you can always see them in the memory.

If these areas had in fact been removed, the menu options wouldn't have remained, nor would the text in memory, as experience has shown us, no matter what else, if a level is deleted from the game before release, practically every shred of evidence that it ever existed is also removed. That doesn't square at all with the 3 areas in BT. Whats more, the 3 hidden menu options in BT can also be seen in the PAL version, and pretty much everything which is fully deleted is COMPLETELY gone from PAL. So if there's any definete lead for us to follow in BT, it's those menu options. They must still have some function; They would have been more fully hidden and disabled had their purpose been fully removed.

Has anyone tried those menu buttons on an emulator? I would, but I can't remember the activator codes for them and the Code/dev section still isn't up...

Banjoman 16th March 2006 07:03 PM

Trust me I've searched everywhere in Tooie. There's no way to activate the silos, unless we hack of course.

hatrickpatrick 16th March 2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Trust me I've searched everywhere in Tooie. There's no way to activate the silos, unless we hack of course.
I know, but I was thinking more along the lines of bottles revenge (the levels can be accessed through hacking) or the shouldn't be here jinjo house (emulator only). All I'm saying is that if the text is in the memory of both the NTSC AND the PAL versions, there's a very good chance the rest of them is there too...

Banjoman 16th March 2006 10:05 PM

Oh yeah speaking of Bottles revenge, I was playing the Tower of Tradegy quiz. I saw Devil Bottle's character icon next to one of the answers to one of the questions. I didn't even hack at all. It appears at random like all the icons do.

Fenikku 17th March 2006 01:14 AM

So here's what we know:

1. Devil Bottles is both a reference and a "mini-game."
A. We have no idea how to access it without hacking.

2. Silo 8, Silo 9, and Ridiculously Secret Area 1 are in Tooie.
A. We have no idea how to access them without hacking.

3. Fungus Forest and Mt. Fire Eyes HAVE been removed completely.
A. They were only beta levels.
B. Stop looking for them.
C. Stop conspirisizing about them.

4. Stop 'N' Swop IS in Banjo Kazooie.
A. Stop 'N' Swop can be seen in memory regardless of activation.

5. There are three menu options hidden in Tooie.
A. They must have some function.
B. They aren't well hidden at all.
C. This is where we should be looking for our next lead.

6. There may or may not be some kind of writing under the skull and crossbones on Blackeye's hat. Any takers?

7. WE NEED A HACKER!

micjohvan 17th March 2006 02:15 AM

Hi again everyone. Sorry I havent been around for a while. I think my last post was somewhere between pages 45-50 of this topic. Anyway I have been away since and just came back around. I was hoping someone could fill me in on whats been found in my absence.

Is there anything new on stop n swap or how to activate it. I also read something about hacking some secret lvls in tootie. Can someone fill me in on anything of value that has been found or anything odd.

Im willing to help in anyway I can and I still have my 64dd so if anyone has something they want me to try with it please let me know. Good to be back ^^

Go_Nosis 17th March 2006 02:24 AM

Here. I dunno what it says.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...eUsnap0019.jpg

I got work, peace!