The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Kratos_Aurion 22nd October 2005 06:12 PM

Unfortunately, she didn't come out this time. It was just the people who were directly related to my dad who visited, and she's just married to my uncle who works for Microsoft. I hadn't known that she wasn't coming when I mentioned her in my other post. Sorry.

hatrickpatrick 22nd October 2005 09:31 PM

Ok folks, I'm officially back. Tomorrow, I'm going to, after ages of procrastination, try and attack these demo control codes. I cant promise I'll be able to compile a fixed digits list, since the actions caused by each digit seem to change each time. But I'll at lkeast have a rough picture of it. It might not be done until monday though...

Go_Nosis 25th October 2005 12:37 AM

theory

I have an Idea.

Now keep in mind I was NOT gonna read through 938 posts to see whether or not this was thought of, so sorry if it was. :P

Consider the following about the eggs.

Blue - found behind golden doors, in a sarcophagus.
Pink - found by raising an entire island, and climbing a naturally formed tower inside of it.
Cyan - Found by moving the wall in the cellar, and entering the secret room.

Green, Red, and Yellow are in places Banjo can get to anyway. Also realize that the ice key is ALWAYS visible. That may be the case for the first 3 eggs, as well. if that were true, then 3 of the eggs are already in the game, while 3 of the eggs have to be "placed" in the game via codes or gameshark.

opinions, people?

EDIT:: Nevermind. after reading everything you guys did... wow.
sorry if i wasted your time at all, I'd really love to help. I have BK, but no beaten files (attempt to erase key/eggs), but i have every SnS item.

DevilBottles 26th October 2005 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go_Nosis
EDIT:: Nevermind. after reading everything you guys did... wow.
sorry if i wasted your time at all, I'd really love to help. I have BK, but no beaten files (attempt to erase key/eggs), but i have every SnS item.

No way! This thread is basically the thread that is about ANYTHING that could bring us closer to SnS. anything that is actually logical (not climb up the tree to get SnS!) is mostly welcome! :D even if it is a repeat, itll get us to think about it again, and it might even help us get one step closer. :D

Benjo Koolzooie 4th November 2005 04:52 PM

I think the best bet to find anything is just to locate those triggers if anything, if they exist.

dmoss 4th November 2005 09:22 PM

Yep, everything revolves around the triggers...(glad to see this thread is updated...I have been trying to find something to say here for days, just to change the last date...! Thanks, benjo koolzooie!)

GameandWatch33 5th November 2005 05:29 PM

Speaking of benjo, long time no see man.

Anyway, I have been working on the triggers slightly, I am waiting to get really in-depth with them untill I have a few hours to set aside. I haven't heard from hatrick in a while so, I do not know where he stands at this time.

Benjo Koolzooie 6th November 2005 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameandWatch33
Speaking of benjo, long time no see man.

Anyway, I have been working on the triggers slightly, I am waiting to get really in-depth with them untill I have a few hours to set aside. I haven't heard from hatrick in a while so, I do not know where he stands at this time.

Hi there, you noticed I haven't been around! - I've been busy, got a full time job (as a waiter!) :p . Plus, I waited a while for some more of the SNS discussion to "unfold". :)

hatrickpatrick 6th November 2005 07:16 PM

I got caught up in halloween last week - we decided to put on a huge fireworks display at my friend's halloween party, and seeing as fireworks are illegal for consumer sale in Ireland that wasnt an easy job >_>. Thank god for the north's different licensing laws! I've been working on the demo control codes, and am starting, I think, to get a general picture of how they work, although I'm a few days off being able to compile a fixed functions list...
If I havent got the actual movement controls worked out by Tuesday night, I'm going to post all the other demo control codes I have, post the movement ones as soon as I've finished them. Again, sorry for the wait, but I needed some time to recover... We stayed up until about midnight setting off large Cat. 3 display fireworks, then watched the Shining. My first time seeing that movie - I'm now scared to leave the house by myself :p

DevilBottles 7th November 2005 01:17 AM

I have no idea what you just said :p

Anyway, I just remembered to ask.... I just remembered that one movie you made where the pink Jinjo had the black egg... Whatever happened to finishing? :p

But, I'd actually like to know what program you used to shoot that movie... If I may ask.

hatrickpatrick 8th November 2005 09:18 PM

holy crap
I completely forgot about it, I'm afraid. I'll come back to it soon. Thanks for reminding me

I've been really busy this last summer, you see. I had an exam called the Junior cert. Not sure what it's called in the US but in england it's the O level. pretty intense stuff. I sort of got out of tuch with the whole hacking world in general, and forgot about it for a while, hence my long periods of inactivity. Then, just as I was coming back, after the exams, I suddenly had this halloween party to do... Anyway, I'm back now for good. I've got some of the demo digit list compiled at last, and will finish and post within a few days, I hope.

If, by, say, the end of the weekend, I havent got the full digits list, I'll just post what I have up to now, and post the rest later as I figure them out...

dmoss 9th November 2005 12:08 AM

Glad to see you back and healthy, repo! Now, let's see if we can't get some of this stuff figured out, shall we...;)

GameandWatch33 9th November 2005 07:02 PM

First Benjo, now Hatrick, the greats are returning. Welcome back fellas. Time to get down and dirty into the seemingly perpetual puzzle that is SnS.

I have been working on some of the stuff that you had previousally instructed, hatrick. I will post my results after you post yours, mainly to see if they are different. If you have everything I have + more, I won't even bother. I will of course review your data, and on the minute chance that I have found something that you have not, I will proceed to post it.

Looking foward to the updates.

hatrickpatrick 9th November 2005 07:36 PM

There is one thing to remember when I do actually get the demo control digits: I'm testing all this stuff with PJ64 and emucheat, for the simple reason that using BK with an AR is incredibly annoying (key codes - every time it crashes, you have to go through the AR menu twice just to get the game to start, with every chance it'll crash because you moved the cart too much while pressing the AR button) so I'll post them as soon as their ready. I'll take another day or so to verify that they work well on the console...

The problem, you see, is that, like instant warp, you need to be able to change it constantly during the game.

The direct movement control codes are only active for a split second when the game activates them, and they trigger a function. The control address is set back to 00 once the function takes over. Meaning, essentially, that the classic "80" code format might not work in this case - it'll either have to be button activated, which would be very restrictive, or you'll have to use the memory editor, or an emulator, to use them. I myself would recommend the memory editor, it's the easiest of the 3 IMO...

repobanjo 9th November 2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoss
Glad to see you back and healthy, repo! Now, let's see if we can't get some of this stuff figured out, shall we...;)

Me??? I was always here! You must mean hatrick! *bows down to hatrick*. Man, you rock!