The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Discuss games you've been playing (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52271)

The Colonel 30th November 2014 08:47 AM

Decided to give Grandia a go. I dropped Thousand Arms and Wild Arms because Thousand Arms had it's humor at odds with the plot and some pretty horrible animation even for a PS1 game, and Wild Arms didn't hit the fantasy western notes as well as I hoped and had very awful combat. Grandia, though, is actually way better than I expected. Totally going to check out the Lunar games from the same developer after this, Grandia is really colorful and fun and has pretty sweet combat. It's hitting all the right notes with me.

Jinjonator 1st December 2014 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinjonator (Post 1223129)
Finally finished The Wolf Among Us (I actually finished episodes 3, 4, and 5 tonight). I heard mixed reviews about the finale, but I thought it was pretty good. The series as a whole isn't as emotionally resonant as The Walking Dead, but it was still very solid, and the finale brought a surprising amount of nuance to characters who were total scumshit and had some nice moral ambiguity. (Although Bloody Mary was still pretty one-note)

Next I need to hurry up and finish The Walking Dead itself (I've still only finished episode 1 of season 2), and also start Tales From The Borderlands.

Finished The Walking Dead. Hella good stuff. Ending scene ended a bit abruptly though. It wasn't so much a cliffhanger as... it just kind of stopped. The scene just before was hella wild tho, and ****ed up.

Now onto TftBL.

AndyNPC 1st December 2014 05:17 PM

I played Kingdom of Loathing for the first time in three years.

Esteban Colberto 1st December 2014 09:10 PM

Youtube

Jinjonator 2nd December 2014 04:03 AM

Tales from the Borderlands is the funniest game since Portal 2.

Mason 5th December 2014 05:36 PM

Hearthstone. That is all.

The Banjonator 5th December 2014 06:07 PM

Just got Papers, Please. Pretty simple game, I enjoy it. Wonder if I'll have my mind blown like everyone talks about

AndyNPC 7th December 2014 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In case you guys missed the video game event whatever thing that happened like a couple days ago: pic is basically all that happened.
Also Yakuza 5.

The Colonel 8th December 2014 07:11 AM

Xenogears has a really strong opening, and the combat system seems really cool. Definitely finishing it before I get to Xenoblade. Grandia's also been a lot of fun, looks like I only half 30 hours or so left. After I beat it I'm gonna play one of the Lunar games, I like how colorful and fun Game Arts' stuff is.

At some point gonna jump back into Tales of Symphonia now that I've beaten what is apparently the last supremely bullshit boss, as well as Skies of Arcadia because Vyse is the best anime JRPG man who ever lived. I played a bit of Kingdom Hearts up to Neverland, but it didn't really hook me, might try giving it some more time. Also don't know if I'll finish Live A Live, the Ninja chapter just isn't very fun compared to all the others. At most I'll probably just cheat through it.

Breegullbeak 8th December 2014 04:50 PM

Started WWE 2K'15. It's pretty shitty. They took out all the cool customization features and drastically downgraded the ones that are left and further crippled them in the My Career mode. Wrestling is fun though as I haven't enjoyed single matches this much in a long time.

AndyNPC 8th December 2014 06:16 PM

The announcement of the not-remake of Final Fantasy 7 made me want to replay it. I have to do it in an emulator though since I lent my copy to someone years ago and they never returned it. Good thing PSX emulation is actually pretty decent.

The Colonel 9th December 2014 07:57 AM

Xenogears is pretty ****ing super great so far. Combat is fun, character writing is actually really, really solid, and it's overall just a really enjoyable and solidly written game typos and -Weird translation issues- aside.

Now a part of me is depressed because I've seen Disc 2, man. That one's gonna be a looooooong ride. But seeing how much I'm digging the game right now, I am prepared to endure story time with Elly.

ksimp23 9th December 2014 11:44 PM

Haven't actually sat down and played a game for about a month now, been so busy. Want to start getting back into it. Last game I played properly was the new Forza. Hated it. Nothing against the quality of the game, just can't stand playing realistic racing sims so in retrospect I'm not sure why I was bothering.

The Banjonator 10th December 2014 12:11 AM

I just played Gone Home. So a girl is a lesbian and runs away from home with random substory of a haunting and a cheating mom. Why was this praised so much again? Maybe I didn't get all the info.

DementedSun 10th December 2014 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Banjonator (Post 1224489)
I just played Gone Home. So a girl is a lesbian and runs away from home with random substory of a haunting and a cheating mom. Why was this praised so much again? Maybe I didn't get all the info.

I didn't think it was praised anywhere, actually. Everyone just thought it was an interesting concept, but mediocre execution.