The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stop 'n' Swop Website (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15002)

Solid Snix 31st March 2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 295589)
The copyright notice really isn't a big issue. It's not illegal to copyright something you've done to another entity.

And April Fools Jokes have been known to start well before April 1st here. ;)

I was talking as if RWP made it, not Rare

gdsmzroll 31st March 2008 10:16 PM

I saw it, I also think ihe must have to do with BlackEye, possibly a fellow pirate of his or something similar?

Smurfs 31st March 2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfe Logan (Post 295697)
No kidding, why didn't anyone else notice that? Least ways, I didn't.

yeah i noticed it. Haha, never thought blackbeard had anything to do with SnS, guess i was wrong big time...

EDIT: My bad, i thought blackbeard, was BlackEYE.

Chewbacca 31st March 2008 10:16 PM

Whoa wait a minute? If I'm wrong, you might as well forget this post, but wasn't the pirate's name BlackEYE not BlackBEARD. Blackbeard is the actual pirate. BlackEYE was the BT version, IIRC.

Ghost 31st March 2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 295703)
Whoa wait a minute? If I'm wrong, you might as well forget this post, but wasn't the pirate's name BlackEYE not BlackBEARD. Blackbeard is the actual pirate. BlackEYE was the BT version, IIRC.

Well spotted.

Jason 31st March 2008 10:20 PM

When picking out terms to use as keywords webmasters like to stick to ones that people in general will use. People who don't know his name might then search something like "blackbeard banjo kazooie" and since the term in the meta tag, the site will have better placement in the results.

Just a little info from a web developer.

Chewbacca 31st March 2008 10:20 PM

The page source says Blackbeard. So...is this a fake site not made by Rare? Or did Rare just overlook this and say Blackbeard in the hurried making of an AFJ?

EDIT: Thanks Jason!

Banjoman 31st March 2008 10:21 PM

This just reaks of fake. I'm not buying this. RWP or Rare can make a better AFJ then this.

The Source code gave it away anyway. Plus it looks shoddy all together.

DeLMrcs 31st March 2008 10:21 PM

Probably a typo...

@Chewbacca

Wolfe Logan 31st March 2008 10:21 PM

So, it's obviously fake... They wouldn't use the real pirate's name, over Blackeye's. Guess there's some proof for the AFJ theory supporters.

RNHornets 31st March 2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfe Logan (Post 295712)
So, it's obviously fake... They wouldn't use the real pirate's name, over Blackeye's. Guess there's some proof for the AFJ theory supporters.

Note: Do NOT Google black eye...it's some sort of disease or something *shudder*
Maybe they were protecting people from that :P

J@mie 31st March 2008 10:26 PM

I'm losing faith in this being real now...

Wolfe Logan 31st March 2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNHornets (Post 295716)
Note: Do NOT Google black eye...it's some sort of disease or something *shudder*
Maybe they were protecting people from that :P

rofl XD

You gotta be careful what you google these days. :p

J@mie 31st March 2008 10:30 PM

WHAT THE HELL!
What the bloody hell does...THAT!...Have to do with a freakin black eye? That's just wrong, little kids could be searching that and it comes up with that stuff...

Jason 31st March 2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J@mie (Post 295719)
I'm losing faith in this being real now...

'Cause I gotta have faith...
Mmm, I gotta have faith
'Cause I gotta have faith, faith,
Mm 'cause I gotta have faith-a-faith-a-faith