The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stop 'n' Swop Website (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15002)

Azinokin 1st April 2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J@mie (Post 296809)
Yeah I was thinking that, but they could eb using this and an AFJ and updating it fairly soon?

Now that could happen to, I guess we'll just have to wait :p, like Douglas Adams said: "Anything that happens happens, anything that in happening causes something else to happen causes something else to happen, and anything that in happening causes itself to happen again, happens again. Although not necessarily in chronological order."

Mandy 1st April 2008 09:25 PM

Is this really still going?

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/?id=1632 :D

Theguyoverthere 1st April 2008 09:29 PM

...Is that all? This was your big plan? KIDNAP TOOTY AGAIN?! *kazooie's head asplodes*

[/B3 Flash]

Seriously though... I'm dissapointed... it was obviously fake from the start... In fact I thought you guys expected us to know it was fake what with the "OMG!" thing in the article picture...

No forum madness? No multi-phase "dreaming away"? No Coolboyman? (Although he did pop in to make it look more "believeable" ...)

Mandy 1st April 2008 09:39 PM

It's supposed to be a bit of fun, nothing can be trusted around this time. You guys even doubted the official Banjo site. I think we learned that overly long AFJs are epic but a bit too much drama. I doubt we'll be doing them 2006 style again.

IMO it worked out quite well. Some people believed, some didn't, some even thought it was Rare's AFJ (which is extremely flattering) We broke a new record for posts yesterday and then again today.

dmoss 1st April 2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy (Post 296872)
It's supposed to be a bit of fun, nothing can be trusted around this time. You guys even doubted the official Banjo site. I think we learned that overly long AFJs are epic but a bit too much drama. I doubt we'll be doing them 2006 style again.

IMO it worked out quite well. Some people believed, some didn't, some even thought it was Rare's AFJ (which is extremely flattering) We broke a new record for posts yesterday and then again today.

THAT is impressive. :approve:

Jason 1st April 2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

It was actually a lot of fun after getting confirmation from you that it was an AFJ. I loved reading the posts in this thread after that. :)

Keegan 1st April 2008 09:46 PM

I WISH THERE WAS SOME SCREENIES :(

DeLMrcs 1st April 2008 10:18 PM

Another AFJ, this one was well done guys. Bravo!

Tanjo 1st April 2008 10:23 PM

While it was quite obvious this was an AFJ, it was very niceley done. I like the detail you put in.

Tommy Walker 1st April 2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

See? I was smarter than the majority. :D

Dylan Yoshi 1st April 2008 11:07 PM

Yawn. I was hoping for something SOMEWHAT epic. This was a letdown, especially since the RWP has been KNOWN for great April Fools Jokes in the past.

Quote:

I think we learned that overly long AFJs are epic but a bit too much drama.
By "drama", do you mean the people who can't handle the fact that it's a joke?

J@mie 1st April 2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi (Post 296964)
Yawn. I was hoping for something SOMEWHAT epic. This was a letdown, especially since the RWP has been KNOWN for great April Fools Jokes in the past.

Sure it wasn't epic, but God did that site look legit!

Solid Snix 1st April 2008 11:13 PM

The AFJ wasn't that bad, even though we knew it was one, anyone who didn't know RWP too well would have fell for it!

Incubus 1st April 2008 11:14 PM

Where did you guys get that ice key picture? That thing is awesome.

Great job guys, I loved it =)

Theguyoverthere 1st April 2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi (Post 296964)

Have you not seen "dmoss's" thread? Pure genius.

L-Button 1st April 2008 11:23 PM

It's weird to see how people said 'I think this isn't AFJ'
Now they say: 'I knew it the whole time'
Strange...
I firstly believed in this, mainly because it said it was registered by microsoft. Then I was 50/50 because of the IP match...

repobanjo 1st April 2008 11:29 PM

I'll admit it. I believed it.

Tanjo 1st April 2008 11:38 PM

Oh, what's that? Tanjo was RIGHT about the BK3 site? SAY WHAAAA? Rubrubrubrubrub.

DavidNel 2nd April 2008 12:48 AM

You know what would be a good joke for next year? Not having one. People on RWP would be so paranoid on whatever was posted, lol. Mass chaos!

Nickybo 2nd April 2008 05:17 AM

You guys had me believing this. Nice Job on it.
By the way, the site looked incredible, i got it as my computer background.

BanjoPL 2nd April 2008 05:52 AM

Nice job RWP :P
This was the best AFJ.
I hope so that in near future The Answers Are Coming...:P

B-K Nostalgia 2nd April 2008 06:52 AM

I, like many, wish it could have been true.

The seeds of doubt were always there but it was an awesome idea for an AFJ and well executed.

SpongeBoy 2nd April 2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-K Nostalgia (Post 297340)
I, like many, wish it could have been true.

The seeds of doubt were always there but it was an awesome idea for an AFJ and well executed.

Absolute same.

The Silverlight thing kinda swayed me at the beginning (why not just use flash?), but it was a good AFJ none the less.

LoMoNoCrAt 2nd April 2008 10:20 AM

^

yeah using silverlight made it seem all the more legit. Seeing as the BK 360 teaser sight uses it.

Fox McBanjo 2nd April 2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNHornets (Post 296617)
Refresh the page, and look at the bottom, where it says XBox 360 and stuff ;)

Dang, the joke was over before I posted that. :p I wanted to see how many people I could bring to belive it before the thing ended. :-/

Oh well. Nice work on the joke, guys. Still can't get around the texturing on the Ice Key, though. Hmm.

Kez 2nd April 2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanjoPL (Post 297322)
Nice job RWP :P
This was the best AFJ.
I hope so that in near future The Answers Are Coming...:P

I dunno, that AFJ where they created fake music and had people buying brand new carts of the game was probably the best in terms of fooling people.

Platinum Jinjo 2nd April 2008 01:41 PM

this was a good joke , no one was hurt , no drama and it was fun. This is the best kind of AFD joke , just good clean fun.

I wasn't sure whether it was real or not but I guess it was good enough to think twice about or wonder if it could be real.

KazooieKlunkz 2nd April 2008 04:01 PM

I kind of expected the stop n swop website to be an AFJ. I don't trust anything near the day of april 1st.

By the way, can anyone tell me what was LAST years AFJ? People say nothing will ever beat it and im curious as to what it was.

Tanjo 2nd April 2008 04:26 PM

Someone mention it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_1%2C_2008

J@mie 2nd April 2008 09:12 PM

Do you think Rare will ever make a site like this? Like, one that looks exactly like it just to make us think its an afj

DemyGod 4th April 2008 06:57 PM

I liked the AFJ two years ago when Gold Jinjo made the Fungi Forest music. That was awesome. I wish I can find that song.

ColdSkull 4th April 2008 07:28 PM

I could upload the song in attachment or something, if it's okay with Gold?