The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The RWP Bash (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   RWP Bash Day Nine: Chatterbox Redux (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47254)

Andre 9th January 2012 07:40 PM

RWP Bash Day Nine: Chatterbox Redux

Day Nine: Chatterbox Redux
Since last time we had this challenge, the forums were down for a few hours during the chat, we're going to try again!

As has been the tradition in the RWP Bash, today we will attempt to set the Guinness Book of World Records record for RWP members in a single chat. Representatives will be on site in the RWP Chatroom Anything Goes at 8 pm EST, 5 pm PST, 1 am GMT, time to count the members!

To achieve the Chatterbox Trophy, simply be in the RWP Chatroom at 8 pm EST, 5 pm PST, 1 am GMT time to set the record. All members in the chatroom at that time will be recorded and receive the trophy, so this one's a freebie! Just make sure to make it on time, and have a drink with your fellow members. To enter the chartroom, just click on the leftmost button on the chat bar on every page at the RWP.

What is the RWP Bash?
It's our semiannual, not so well-planned, celebration of what makes the RWP so great! Throughout the next few days, we'll have some games and challenges to have some fun. Each day there will be a new topic with a way to win forum trophies. Complete the listed challenge, and you will receive your trophy. These trophies can only be won on each day, so make sure to keep coming back.

Coming Tomorrow: Bashful

Articerile 9th January 2012 07:55 PM

You may have to Redux the Redux methinks, since you're only giving them 5 hours warning.

Brian 9th January 2012 08:01 PM

Sure, hold it when I'm working. :V

Dan 9th January 2012 08:01 PM

Sent the invite to 73 RWP members; Can't reach many more.

Spudfish93 9th January 2012 08:28 PM

Is there going to be a redux trophy or some other new trophy for we who got it last time, because I have an exam tomorrow and I really don't want to be up until 1 in the morning for no real point.

Dan 9th January 2012 08:32 PM

Yeah a whole day is being wasted here :P. Potentially. still, a day off would be a nice break after a week of determination.

Guitar 9th January 2012 08:36 PM

One. In the morning.

Whyme123 9th January 2012 08:39 PM

HOW DO I ENTER THE AAG CHAT???

I see no option for chat room. I only see who is online

Banjokun 9th January 2012 08:40 PM

I swear to god I'll be there or die trying, or try dying, or do some tye dying.

Madous 9th January 2012 08:42 PM

At the bottom left, click Chatrooms, then Almost Anything Goes.

Andre 9th January 2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spudfish93 (Post 1054137)
Is there going to be a redux trophy or some other new trophy for we who got it last time, because I have an exam tomorrow and I really don't want to be up until 1 in the morning for no real point.

It will be the same trophy.

Just want to say something to the haters, however. I have literally planned and executed the vast majority of the RWP Bash, while on vacation half the time, and have received nothing but annoying people complaining about bullshit. The purpose of this is a fun activity to look forward to everyday and to stimulate discussion on the RWP. It is not an excuse for entitled members to complain all day about how they missed the topic and didn't get a pixelated trophy. I'm honestly quite shocked.

Spudfish93 9th January 2012 08:50 PM

I dunno if you were having a go at me then or what.
But to be honest, even if it was a new trophy, I'd still rather not. I gots to have my sleep before an exam after all.

Dan 9th January 2012 08:57 PM

I feel bad for not realizing I could do the event system earlier in the bash.

Whyme123 9th January 2012 08:58 PM

So is there any stupid timeout thing like there was with the old chat system?

Smouvy 9th January 2012 09:02 PM

Yes, you need to keep your main browser active at least once every 15 minutes to be safe (the timeout takes longer, but 15 is safe enough). Which basically means you just gotto be surfing the RWP like usual while you chatter.