The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The All New 3DS XL (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53860)

Andre 12th February 2015 06:39 PM

The All New 3DS XL

Comes out tomorrow in North America. Anybody preordered or planned on picking it up? I waited too long to preorder and am planning to camp out on Market Street in San Francisco starting at 4 pm in the hopes of getting one at midnight. As most of you know I'm a Zelda hater... but if I've got a chance for the pretty gold 3DS, I'll probably bite.

Smouvy 12th February 2015 06:44 PM

Also Europe, but sadly no money. I'd buy a thang.

DementedSun 12th February 2015 07:15 PM

Gonna go to Walmart/Bestbuy tonight at around 11 PM to see if they have any MMN3DS. Then, if no luck, Target at 7 AM tomorrow.

TRBB 12th February 2015 07:51 PM

http://imgur.com/a/rzLJb

That's interesting, they updated the textures for Monster Hunter 4 on the New 3DS.
Now, I'm curious to see what Xenoblade Chronicles looks like.
Does this also effect Majora's Mask and Codename STEAM?

Andre 12th February 2015 07:54 PM

Well, apparently Gamestop will have no extra units for the midnight launch. I literally do not understand this. This launch has been ready for several months now and this is the biggest Gamestop in a four hour radius (flagship San Francisco store) and they'll have ZERO EXTRA. I'm so confused with Nintendo's supply chain. Instead I'll be up around five am and going to Target, where they'll have no set up for this at all. Awesome.

Smouvy 12th February 2015 07:55 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles is a New 3DS exclusive, so you already know how it looks if you've seen the ad of it.

The Banjonator 12th February 2015 08:25 PM

I'm actually surprised at how different MH4 looks on the N3DS compared to the original...

Also, yeah idk what is with Nintendo and their stock issues lately. No amiibo, and even their regular N3DS' are selling out.

Andre 12th February 2015 09:26 PM

Managed to get a red one on Dell.com, which they say will be delivered by the 16th.. I'm skeptical.

GrayMagicΓ 13th February 2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Banjonator (Post 1231201)
I'm actually surprised at how different MH4 looks on the N3DS compared to the original...

Also, yeah idk what is with Nintendo and their stock issues lately. No amiibo, and even their regular N3DS' are selling out.

Don't forget the GameCube controller catastrophe.

Andre 13th February 2015 04:56 PM

Somehow I ordered one at Best Buy for in store pickup, so I should be in possession of a black n3DS in the next couple hours. I can't imagine I'll have any trouble selling the extra red one on eBay though.

Gruntling 15th February 2015 01:18 AM

I can't see justifying the expense until some killer games or better colors come out. I'm gonna wait this one out for awhile.

ksimp23 15th February 2015 01:14 PM

No charger cable came with mine when I got it, didn't realise at the time. Was pretty pissed when I got home because I have never owned a handheld Nintendo console, so no spare chargers lying around.

The Banjonator 15th February 2015 02:54 PM

Yeah that was a really dumb decision by nintendo. Yes, they're cheap, but that should be even more reason to just include them in the box like that always have (in the U.S. at least)

Smouvy 19th February 2015 02:25 PM

Aight I'm doing it, asking my mum if I can lend some money for a new 3ds xl. There's a trade thing going on that lasts till the 1st of march, but because I need to transfer data from my old XL it means that I first need to pay the full price and then get the trade discount later after I did the transfer.

Breegullbeak 20th February 2015 02:04 AM

So I got one which makes this my first 3DS. Whoever thought it was a good idea to require the removal of the entire back plate to replace the micro SD card is a special kind of messed up. The eye tracking 3D works well, but outside that I haven't really used the C-stick much in Smash or the additional shoulder buttons. Really poor positioning on those.