The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Kain's Poll O' the Week: Most Hated Characters (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10731)

Kain Horward 30th July 2007 02:35 PM

Kain's Poll O' the Week: Most Hated Characters

it's once again time for the weekly poll no one cares about! This week i've got a non-music question. Throughout the Banjo series there have been many minor characters, and a few of them have come to be loathed by the fans. So, which Banjo character do you hate the most?

Note: there will not be a poll next week, as i am going on vacation and won't be able to access the RWPF.

firealpha 30th July 2007 02:49 PM

Canary Mary.
I don't just hate her. I loathe her. To the power of infinity. Squared.

DeLMrcs 30th July 2007 03:46 PM

Canary Mary, she almost cost me a thumb.

Madous 30th July 2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeLMrcs
Canary Mary, she almost cost me a thumb.

I really don't see why you guys hate her so much, i beat her by a mile! Easily!

My vote is for Jolly Roger, him and his "assisstant" are just...weird.

B-K Nostalgia 30th July 2007 06:04 PM

I don't really dislike any of the characters...but if I had to choose, off the top of my head - Humba Wumba.

I just felt she was a poor, uninteresting substitute for Mumbo that really wasn't all that necessary.

runehero123 30th July 2007 06:18 PM

Humba Wumba will not be in BK3. Lolz just kidding.

Anyways, yeah I hate that canary marry, her voice is annoying and she occupies more than one level!

BanjoKazooieSNS 30th July 2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-K Nostalgia
I don't really dislike any of the characters...but if I had to choose, off the top of my head - Humba Wumba.

I just felt she was a poor, uninteresting substitute for Mumbo that really wasn't all that necessary.

You obviously haven't seen Canary Mary in a while. Blech. Also, I like Humba but I think Mumbo was under used so I didn't see much of a point of Humba. It was kind of nice to see something new though.

Tanjo 30th July 2007 08:28 PM

Everyone hates Canary Mary, I don't know why. I think I'm the only one here that beat her after 2 or 3 tries. I picked tooty before I saw jolly roger.

Mandolin 30th July 2007 10:35 PM

I almost voted Humba, because she seems like an incredibly superficial addition considering that Mumbo could have performed both roles without any major programming difficulties, but I had to go with Canary Mary. She's just an unpleasant-looking character that's also hell to beat in the final race. There are no clues that lead you to realize you should abandon the basic premise of racing (moving faster than your opponents) and thus makes for a really unpleasant experience.

Lady G0 Lucky 31st July 2007 01:50 AM

For me, it's definitely Canary Mary. On those last two races in Cloud Cuckoland, she made my thumb get all numb and got several scratches on it. Even though I can now beat her on the first tries, I still loath her to death. However, I like an excellent challenge. Although...

Even though I absolutely hate her, I suggest Rare to put her back in the game to annoy me once more. That human-like bird really makes my day by giving the hardest racing challenge I had ever encountered in a game. :approve: She's one of the reasons to why I love Banjo-Tooie so much, in all honesty.

But please... For the love of dear God, I absolutely forbid Rare to make me press a little, retarded A button for like, 10 minutes straight. Instead, make it 20. With allowed pauses as much as I like for a good rest... Purty' please? :p

Bottles98 31st July 2007 04:10 AM

Ugh, Tooty. I just can't stand that "grotty ugly thing."

Tanjo 31st July 2007 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin
She seems like an incredibly superficial addition

Humba is there for the sex appeal. The blocky, square, blurry, 3d n64 sex appeal.

B-R-E-T 31st July 2007 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanjo
The blocky, square, blurry, 3d n64 sex appeal.

Exactly. Wtf.

My choice would have to be tooty though. Being the "prettiest" girl in spiral mountain is not saying much seeing as how the only three known female characters in spiral mountain are a wrinkley green witch thing, a giant trash talking red bird and a fat little bear with mismatching blonde hair.

Mr. Pokeylope 1st August 2007 01:57 AM

I didn't really like Humba Wumba. She kind of unnecessary to me... Mumbo was much better than her.

Atomic Breegull 1st August 2007 04:34 PM

Canary Mary just sucks. I'm sorry. She's ugly, awkward, and she plays dirty. She cheats in those races, I just know it!