The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Crystal Jinjo 7th February 2006 05:19 AM

i had a small theory but its pointless as i doubt its any connection but the egg locations in B-K symbolising rare games

MMM eggs = GBTG
Nabnuts table = Conkers BFD/L&R
TTC = Treasure as in gold as in Sabrewulf

i cant figure the rest which is why i said its pointless but i needed to contribute something.

freakycheato 7th February 2006 05:30 AM

that does make sense, eggs corresponding to rare games... but gbtg wasn't even thought of yet when bk was released, but maybe...

Go_Nosis 7th February 2006 03:37 PM

The eggs, and the connections, are in KAZOOIE, TOOIE, and the ice key was reportedly found in donkey kong 64. It does NOT transfer to Grabbed By The Ghoulies (on a microsoft system, an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT COMPANY THAN NINTENDO), the ONLY connection Conker's Bad Fur Day has is it uses the same engine as Tooie, and NOW we're talking about games that are on a portable system that doesnt even have ANY way AT ALL of connecting to the N64, and..

Someone help this forum. This is ridiculous.

krueger14 7th February 2006 06:46 PM

Where is the key???

Go_Nosis 7th February 2006 07:41 PM

In the image modifier codes for Donkey Kong 64.

freakycheato 7th February 2006 08:12 PM

and donkey kong 64s instruction book has that whole 'secret level' rambling by cranky kong- i refuse to believe it is girder grapple for many reasons.

collecter 7th February 2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakycheato
and donkey kong 64s instruction book has that whole 'secret level' rambling by cranky kong- i refuse to believe it is girder grapple for many reasons.

Girder Grapple is a level from the original DK. There is a lever in the factory stage that let's you play the original DK......but what is the "scroll of gameplay" he talks about in the manual?

Ice Lightning 7th February 2006 09:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Could someone answer my last post please, as I still have no idea about the answer to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me
Something I've always wondered is, that if when they made Grunty's lair in BT they got BK's lair, deleted everything and added a few rocks to make it look like it's been demolished, then why are the pictures of Grunty different in Bk and BT?

See attached images. I've labeled a picture to show what I think the different things are in it.
I'll post the attachments for a second time as well.

Banjo-Fella 7th February 2006 10:09 PM

Alright, this is what's going on with Grunty's portrait - at least, as far as I can tell. Firstly, in Banjo-Kazooie, the Grunty's portrait image is divided up into four tiles, as the N64 had an unfortunate problem with its texture storage space, and developers had to come up with ways around this in order to display larger images with more clarity. If you were to view the portrait in the wireframe rendering mode of any emulator - you'd clearly see the divide where the different tiles meet.

Now, in Banjo-Tooie, instead of having the normal Grunty portrait in Banjo-Kazooie, which only comprised of four square polygonal shapes stuck together side by side - you've got the more complicated shape of the ripped portrait. As a result, it became much more difficult for Rare to texture on all of the four Grunty's portrait tiles onto that shape. As a result, they could only use one tile on it - and they just chose one of the tiles. Which looks a bit odd - and they could have just made a blurrier version of the entire portrait, which would have made more sense - but there you go.

Perhaps this animation will help clarify, if my incessant rambling isn't coherent. Which it's not.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ysportrait.gif

Alternatively - IT WAS TEH STOP AND SWAPS, GUYS.

ChillyDark 7th February 2006 10:19 PM

Interesting Banjo-Fella I never thought of it but as long as RWPF satys alive we won't stop searching for stop n swop unless it is found to be fake!

Banjo-Fella 7th February 2006 10:34 PM

If by "fake" you mean "nonexistant" or "existant but in a form most people don't really like" - then I've got some grave news for you, m'boy... ;)

ChillyDark 7th February 2006 10:37 PM

Don't tell me I think I know what it is.

Icy Guy 8th February 2006 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collecter
Girder Grapple is a level from the original DK. There is a lever in the factory stage that let's you play the original DK......but what is the "scroll of gameplay" he talks about in the manual?

The "scroll of gameplay" is a joke. Throughout Rare's DK games, Cranky has always criticized their quality, and he continues the tradition in DK64.

krueger14 8th February 2006 12:30 AM

That has nothing to do with SnS

ChillyDark 8th February 2006 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krueger14
That has nothing to do with SnS

He was just saying that Grinder could be linked to Stop N Swop but I doubt it!
Edit: 1500 posts woah