The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

slaphappy 17th May 2006 05:42 PM

It stores it outside the game file or to all three game files. I speculate the first, outside. You can Scene Mod to a secret item area with Trigger 06 or 08 and the item memory state will remain unchanged. Take control of Banjo and collect the Egg and it is collected for all 3 games, even though you are playing outside a game state. You'll get FE00 + whatever item you collect saved on item collection.

The end game 100 jiggies cutscene they are forced open only when Mumbo's hand comes down showing the picture. When his hand comes up, they are set back to what you had collected. It is the same item pair comparisons. But for the other cutscenes it appears unaffected. It makes sense for the end game scene, but not for the demo.

maypep_necro 17th May 2006 08:52 PM

What about the D3 and D4 item? What are they?

slaphappy 17th May 2006 09:54 PM

D3 and D4 are two trailiing bits that seem to have no use or don't indicate anything. The functions don't clear those bits, so if you set them prior to the demo, you'll get FE03 instead of FE00. They may have had a use at some time, or maybe they are used for something we haven't uncovered.

DemyGod 17th May 2006 10:01 PM

They probally lead to something, but something unknown.

ChillyDark 17th May 2006 10:37 PM

Congrats Slaphappy, you might have the answer to SNS there, right in the open.
I bet the next dicovery is going to be something along the lines of FF (maybe).

icegod 17th May 2006 11:33 PM

You prob allready knew this, but if you use a code to take control of the opening demo, you can go to Wozza's cave and he won't be there.

maypep_necro 18th May 2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaphappy
D3 and D4 are two trailiing bits that seem to have no use or don't indicate anything. The functions don't clear those bits, so if you set them prior to the demo, you'll get FE03 instead of FE00. They may have had a use at some time, or maybe they are used for something we haven't uncovered.

Can you try to find it please? Maybe SnS Prizes.

*Off-topic: Look, a cool video of Banjo-Kazooie Comercial. Funny too. (In french so you might don't understand) http://captainchester.free.fr/Site%2...20pub%20fr.avi

Theguyoverthere 18th May 2006 01:49 AM

Err... that was Banjo-TOOIE's commercial, although I'd really like to see BK's one. And yes, that WAS VERY OFF TOPIC :)

Anyway, this is some cool stuff right here. Maybe if slaphappy teamed up with Hatrick we might discover SnS (or what's left of it) Oh, and can someone give me the code to play in the demo? And to play in the end "demo" where it shows BK running to their house?

slaphappy 18th May 2006 03:20 AM

8037E8E7 0003 (ntsc - as Ice pointed out, not ntfs)
That will put you in normal control of banjo during the Demo.

Just as a "Huge Reach" observation. I find it funny that in the cycle of the 8 Demo levels, the first 3 just happen to be the ones without any secret items. Then the fourth is MMM with 2 Eggs. The next set of four each has an egg in it, and CCW is even in Winter. So all 6 Eggs, but no FP and the Ice Key. Not a finding, just strangely coincidental.

pinkbull 18th May 2006 03:46 AM

Well I just noticed this and I was wondering. Could someone who's stuck with this the whole time make another thread that sums up the 156 pages. Because I really don't have enough time on hand all I know this is the greatest leap for SnS.

BanjoKonspirazy 20th May 2006 05:08 AM

Yes, I agree. Could someone be so kind as to summarise this thread into one or two neat paragraphs, so everyone can see what breakthroughs have or haven't happened?
Look, I got through about 7 pages, but this is ridiculous...
Feel free to fill me in on whatever SNS developments have been made...:D

ReiraCofage 20th May 2006 12:34 PM

Well, I'm seeing 10 posts per page (I chose it, better for me), and this thread has only 234 pages... I agree with the guys, too. How about a SnS forum (like the April one)?

ChillyDark 20th May 2006 06:41 PM

Edit: It doesn't NEED to be summarize anywhere, it is already summarized at the RWP Wiki.

pinkbull 21st May 2006 12:05 AM

Despite what Chilly Dark said for all you average Joe's I'll take one for the team I'll read it all and post it tonight now onward to page one!
EDIT: This will all be posted on my site because of everything taking way more than the forum can handle.

mikesgm6 21st May 2006 03:20 AM

All hail pinkbull!
Or somone oculd post link to rwp wiki :D