The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

PenquinDude 21st August 2005 02:56 PM

Maybe the difference between 1.0 and 1.1 is accidentally getting into Sharkfood Island?

Fenikku 21st August 2005 08:20 PM

That is always a possibility.

hatrickpatrick 21st August 2005 09:14 PM

Quote:

Banjo-Tooie came out in December of 2000. According to this site, the codes were found in 2001. So, it was evidently hacked after it came out.
The SnS item control codes (PAL 81283220 XXXX = controls which rooms are open and which tiems you have) were hacked long before BT's release. They were hacked using the items we could already get:
The Ice key: moon jump over the wall
The GV egg: instant warp to the crypt
The Sharkfood egg: instant warp to the island

It's a pity we didnt know about the object mods back then or we could have had all of them...
But then again, we wouldnt have known which rooms to try...

I always wonder if the memory addresses near that SnS one are of any significance... There are a few addresses on the line above it, set to "01" most of the time, like activators... I'll mess around with some of them, it could lead to something...

Chaos Angel 21st August 2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
The SnS item control codes (PAL 81283220 XXXX = controls which rooms are open and which tiems you have) were hacked long before BT's release. They were hacked using the items we could already get:
The Ice key: moon jump over the wall
The GV egg: instant warp to the crypt
The Sharkfood egg: instant warp to the island

:o

Maybe I should read more before I post...didn't help that it was in the middle of the night...

But this just confirms that the development of Banjo-Tooie was altered due to the fact that the hackers of the world (whether it was Sub or Ice, I dunno) got the items.

supermario 22nd August 2005 12:12 AM

could somebody explain to me the TTC map in RBB?...I've never heard of such a thing. I read about it in this thread, however.

Fenikku 22nd August 2005 02:20 AM

Check both the Captain's cabin and one of the other rooms that can be entered by busting open a window (it should have at least two grublins in it and music notes under a counter attached to the wall). In both rooms, you will find a poster of a map on the wall with an X on it. The map is of TTC and the X is on Sharkfood Island. If you have yet to get the Sharkfood Island secret, the X will be red, but if you got it, the X will be black.

Benjo Koolzooie 22nd August 2005 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenikku
Check both the Captain's cabin and one of the other rooms that can be entered by busting open a window (it should have at least two grublins in it and music notes under a counter attached to the wall). In both rooms, you will find a poster of a map on the wall with an X on it. The map is of TTC and the X is on Sharkfood Island. If you have yet to get the Sharkfood Island secret, the X will be red, but if you got it, the X will be black.

I thought the X altering colour was confirmed to be false, and it always remains the same colour?

hatrickpatrick 22nd August 2005 12:12 PM

Quote:

But this just confirms that the development of Banjo-Tooie was altered due to the fact that the hackers of the world (whether it was Sub or Ice, I dunno) got the items.
Could u explain that plz, I dont get what ur saying...
IMO, nothing in BK proves that BT's development was altered.

Hacking that code is fairly simple: you do a 16-bit unknown value search, then a few equal tos, then get the key and do a different to, then a few more equal, and repeat for wach of the eggs. Most likely, this will find the quantity code, with few other possibilities.

Thats how they were collected before, not using the Sandcastle codes. The sandcastle ones were hacked after BT's release in the US, but before it's release in the UK.

Benjo Koolzooie 22nd August 2005 04:19 PM

He means that Rare became aware of people acquiring these items, therefore, mucking up the idea of SNS bascially, therefore Rare coulld have altered (ie: stopped going ahead with SNS).

micjohvan 22nd August 2005 06:13 PM

I can confirm that the X in the captains cabin DOES change color on getting the pink egg. I looked at it before and after on my actual cart and its red if you dont have it and black if you do. :D

zxzxi 23rd August 2005 01:05 AM

Well at least SOMETHING changes when you get an/the egg.

hatrickpatrick 23rd August 2005 10:56 AM

Here's an interesting thought: If the captains cabin changes after you get the egg, there are 2 theories we could derive from that, assuming our theory of 4 eggs is correct:
1: We need to get the pink and red eggs as part of the 4
2: We would, presumably, need to get the pink first, then get the red. Does anything change after the red has been collected, in any of the other rooms?

Klungo 23rd August 2005 02:49 PM

I'm not sure. But something does change when you use the code and not collect it. In Bottle's Puzzle Minigame the egg shows itself on the third level. Do other rooms with eggs show?

Kratos_Aurion 23rd August 2005 05:02 PM

Or, perhaps, since there are only 2 that change as far as we know, those are the two that are fake, and the others are real.

Benjo Koolzooie 23rd August 2005 05:11 PM

But the pink egg is shown in a movie clip at the end of the game, and also that egg features in BK.