The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Go_Nosis 20th January 2006 11:52 AM

Huh... that's a new one, actually. Stop IN the game and swop the items for something.

Didn't Rare TELL us they connected, though?

kazooieguy 20th January 2006 02:21 PM

i thoguht that the borad might show us thatwaht they said was a trick, because it says 4 eggs and a key open a secret lvl. well logically speaking if the leve was in the game from the start the eggs would be the unlocking parts of the world and the key would act as the puzzle so to say so that the items wouldbe woped for the new world.

JaredDSMan 20th January 2006 05:46 PM

Wow. There has been some good finds here! :cool: I am going to play around with my BT Emu and use some codes. I need to get a good editor. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Rocketlex 20th January 2006 06:43 PM

That idea about Stop and Swop gave me another idea. Maybe Stop and Swop is a trading sequence. You find the first egg, and then give it to someone so they'll show you (and unlock) the second egg and so on, probably ending with the Ice Key.

kazooieguy 20th January 2006 06:55 PM

i like that idea but itsd the first you need to worrie about. im fairly certain it isent a matter of chronological order becasue the key. it would porbobly unlock the first egg and then it is carreied on but the trick is were would the key unlock to allow us access to the first egg withut tat knowledge were done for. But i have a theroy on it if we get the key first then the next likely place to go would be the door because key+ lock=door so prolly gobis door :D

2 i had another thorught ( i think alot) what if each egg keeps a seperate section of the hiden world well hidin? i mena rare prolly figured hackers would finsd a complete swet opf world data in a single spot but what if they are scattered ? you get the eggs in the right order like say blue < gobi> then a peice of the hidden worlds code gose to a special place in memorie then the next lets say pink< sharkfood isle> then another peice untill all the eggs were collected and the code became complete then per say another puzzle becomes active or that door in gruntys top level of her lair opens to reveal a puzzle then the 2 remaining puzzle peices would be used in it and the secret world would become active finishing the entire process and giveing us all what weve waited for a secret world !

< pants > that was a ramble well let me know what you guys think :D
kazooieguy

kazooieguy 20th January 2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketlex
That idea about Stop and Swop gave me another idea. Maybe Stop and Swop is a trading sequence. You find the first egg, and then give it to someone so they'll show you (and unlock) the second egg and so on, probably ending with the Ice Key.

thats possible sccne noones found a way to open the key room yet,

<ps sorry about the double post

hatrickpatrick 20th January 2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

It's real. The Stop 'n' Swop is the menu name and the A - yes, B - no is from when you press save and quit.

Trust me it's real but nothing.
But that doesn't make any sense... Wouldnt it have
STOP N SWOP
SAVE AND QUIT
ARE YOU SURE

instead of just
STOP N SWOP
ARE YOU SURE

since the save and quit would come first?

Kratos_Aurion 20th January 2006 07:27 PM

I just had an idea...
Maybe there's 2 ways to activate Stop N Swop. For example, in the game Golden Sun (for GBA) there were two ways to transfer your data to Golden Sun 2, both of which were activated by pressing a combination of buttons on the opening menu. The first way was the easiest way; the link method. To do this, you simply connect 2 Gameboys, one with Golden Sun, and one with the sequel, and select the transfer option. This could be the way we assumed SNS to be. The other was a long list of codes which could be entered from the first game to transfer your data, assuming you didn't have a link cable. Perhaps Rare foresaw whatever technical issue which may have been what canceled SNS, and added a seperate feature similar to the codes so the swopping wouldn't be necessary? Of course, I have no idea, so I'll leave it to the smart people.

xtreme6789v2 20th January 2006 08:00 PM

Okay.. thanks to KazooieGuy, I have this idea... if you remember the forums mentioning the Advent calendar and stuff from FP? Well suppose you STOP in that level someplace and SWOP something there... maybe it is FF... or maybe it is the key to getting the ice key the actual way. Whether this is the beginning of the sequence, or end, who knows? Just a thought to tie in to previous thoughts on other levels and what not.

Gaming Master2k 20th January 2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
But that doesn't make any sense... Wouldnt it have
STOP N SWOP
SAVE AND QUIT
ARE YOU SURE

instead of just
STOP N SWOP
ARE YOU SURE

since the save and quit would come first?

It's more an organisation thing. They keep the pause menu together and so it starts with Return to Game, Exit to witch's lair, View Totals and Save and Quit.

The next menu is the View Totals so they have that section followed by the final option which was the save and quit and that happens to be Are you sure? A - yes, b - no

When it comes to programming you have many many thousands of lines of code and so if things aren't organised it can get very messy. It's a lot easier to keep the menus together and store in the order Pause Menu -> View Totals Menu -> Save and Quit then all the options jumbled all over the place.

Now you may be thinking why didn't Rare go View Totals -> View totals Menu -> Save and Quit -> Option
It's entirely possible to do that. There's nothing saying you can't. It would still be organised enough but Rareware probably have a policy saying to do it that way (or maybe just the programmer who programmed the menus prefers it that way).

DevilBottles 20th January 2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaming Master2k
It's more an organisation thing. They keep the pause menu together and so it starts with Return to Game, Exit to witch's lair, View Totals and Save and Quit.

The next menu is the View Totals so they have that section followed by the final option which was the save and quit and that happens to be Are you sure? A - yes, b - no

When it comes to programming you have many many thousands of lines of code and so if things aren't organised it can get very messy. It's a lot easier to keep the menus together and store in the order Pause Menu -> View Totals Menu -> Save and Quit then all the options jumbled all over the place.

Now you may be thinking why didn't Rare go View Totals -> View totals Menu -> Save and Quit -> Option
It's entirely possible to do that. There's nothing saying you can't. It would still be organised enough but Rareware probably have a policy saying to do it that way (or maybe just the programmer who programmed the menus prefers it that way).

Ah, I see what you're saying now, perfectly. :p

Yeah, that should pretty much shoot that one down.

kazooieguy 21st January 2006 12:09 AM

one thing ive tought about this and the areas without secrets might contain activators for the next egg in the line anyone else reilize that there are 6 eggs and 6 area without an egg? CCW spring summer and fall mumbo;s mountin clankers cavern and bubble gloop swamp. prehapes one for each area and a secret for each area that will only be reviled if youhave a certain egg that would explain the the birds with the cut scece in the CCW notice they dont exisist in winter? that might explain it

EvilPsycho 21st January 2006 02:10 AM

Yeah I thought that too. Or maybe they'd at least tell the code. So every time you unlock one area, you basically unlock the next.

kazooieguy 21st January 2006 06:38 PM

not quite what i meant i mean the first egg is unlocked you take ti to a special place within one of the area without an egg and then the enxt egg is unlocked

krueger14 22nd January 2006 12:01 AM

How can u just ignore this, why dont u work on the numbers, and if every1 is gonna ignore me, i wont come back!!!!!!