The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stop N Swop Station has Arisen!! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5105)

Bottles98 2nd July 2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaorBR
Wait, I don't get it. Why do you need proof that Bottles Revenge ixists when it has been hacked out already?

And let's not forget that Game Shark codes are not supported by Nintendo.
Therefore, Bottles Revenge was never supposed to be enabled through a gameshark.

EDIT: I think I've missed your point, that's what I mean.

I was simply hoping there was SOLID PROOF that it may exist without Gameshark. However, a simple press release is very little proof.

Plus, I'd like to see the source of said press release. Where'd it come from?

maypep_necro 2nd July 2006 03:55 PM

Sorry but i didn't found a place to post that, what is the prize is we find SnS?

supuhchris 2nd July 2006 04:12 PM

wasn't bk originally project dream?

that website may not tell you anything about obtaining the sns items, but it said that in project dream captain blackeye was going to be the main character. but since they changed it to banjo kazooie the bear stealing his glory is banjo taking the role as the main character.

Hylian1 2nd July 2006 06:32 PM

As for the Press Release, I'm going to put the entire thing on the site in the specials section. I'll do that tonight when i get home from work.

And about it being proof, I personally consider Nintendo and Rare (thanks to BanjoPL for bringing posting that!) both saying that Bottles' Revenge is in Banjo-Tooie is solid enough for the time being. I'll also update that article with the portion where it was mentioned in Scribes that it is in the game.

LaorBR 2nd July 2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supuhchris
that website may not tell you anything about obtaining the sns items, but it said that in project dream captain blackeye was going to be the main character. but since they changed it to banjo kazooie the bear stealing his glory is banjo taking the role as the main character.

That's most likely to be true. :)
The scribbers guy once said that Black Eye was going to be an important character in Dream, before the project got scrapped.
I believe he was going to be the main villain.

BanjoKonspirazy 3rd July 2006 12:59 AM

On the website you mentioned an unused door on Grunty's Industries.
I was just wondering if anyone has investigated this further, or have tried to enter via "moonjumping" (sorry for my inept hacking knowledge.)
If Rare did not remove this unused door then it may serve some purpose, or contain something they were too lazy to delete.... say the stop n swop chamber...

Hylian1 3rd July 2006 04:56 AM

That could very well be it! There could perhaps be a way to get in there by moon jumping like you suggested, but there is a possibility that it could only be blackness. But would that mean there is nothing there? Of course not. Most likely the only way to know what is behind those doors is to activate the "trigger"--whatever that may be--that will open the doors.

ChillyDark 3rd July 2006 06:15 AM

The barrel in MMM had blackness, that could be RSA1.
It's very possible that a trigger will be found.
Then there is Silos 8 + 9 to think about.

Hylian1 3rd July 2006 06:42 AM

Silos 8 and 9? What's that?

And, as promised, here is the entire transcript of the Banjo-Tooie press release: http://www.rare-elite.com/pressrelease.bt.php

BanjoPL 3rd July 2006 08:37 AM

Silo 8/9 and RSA1 are silo places in BT.They are activate only via GS yet.

Silos:
Jinjo Village
Wooded Hollow
Plateau
Phine Grove
Cliff Top
Westeland
Quagmire
silo 8
silo 9
RSA 1

Big mystery in BT is "missing" CHOSEN ONE Y code.Jiggywiggy Super Special Challange is another mystery.I'm finished JSSC in 49 seconds and nothing happend! But i'm think that challange has something to CHOSEN ONE Y code...Maybe player must be CHOSEN ONE then he can activate Stop N Swop in Tooie?

Hylian1 3rd July 2006 12:10 PM

I did an article about the Super Special Challenge. The CHOSEN ONE Y though i've always found quite interesting and intriguing. Perhaps after completing the SSC you must talk to a certain individual in the game who will tell you to enter such a code in the Code Chamber. There's just so much mystery surrounding that. And the fact that it's in the Nintendo Power Strategy Guide proves that it can be done somehow!

milkb0ne 3rd July 2006 04:29 PM

maybe cheto the spell book?

ChillyDark 3rd July 2006 07:53 PM

Interestingly plausible theory.
I have tried typing it in Cheato Chosen One Y, and just Chosen One.
But to no avail.
I hope this turns out to be the answer to the SNS we've all yielded searching for.

Hexadecimal 3rd July 2006 07:54 PM

Did anyone even pay attention to how I pointed out that Bottle's Revenge causes the game to crash? -_-; Chances are, These press releases were written up before the game was released, Nintendo is known for making these sorts of mistakes...

The official strategy guide for Super Smash Bros. Melee is a prime example of Nintendo's blunders. In their pokemon list, Ditto, who was locked away due to the Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik... was listed.

I can't get that chosen one y to work o_O; It fails for me. I got Chomfeat, then typed homing, and it killed any chain involving Cho. o_o;;; this is a rathe incomplete file though...

AlmostJinkies 4th July 2006 02:33 AM

Well, one of the mysteries on your site was disproven a LONG time ago... the doors in Grunty's Lair don't go anywhere. The one on the right has absolutely nothing behind it, and the one on the left is a short tunnel that ends in blackness, briefly seen in the intro movie. If you use GS to get through that door somehow, and walk through the blackness, you just fall out of the level because there isn't anything else there.

nmon67 4th July 2006 03:18 AM

in grabbed by the ghoulies that sword X thing at the corner of the homework board could be the Sword x thing on captain blackeye's hat showing he is involved.

Hylian1 4th July 2006 05:12 AM

Hmm... never thought of that being the same swords as on Blackeye's hat...

The Grunty's Lairs doors having blackness behind them doesn't mean anything. Like it was mentioned earlier in this topic, some places remain black until it is actually activated.

ler 4th July 2006 07:13 AM

But the difference is that if you walked behind the unbreakable keg before you activated the cyan egg cheat, you could actually walk around the chamber, just be unable to see it. With the Grunty doors, there's nothing there, literally.

Dricenticore 4th July 2006 09:03 AM

I knew youd say that. So I prepared this: A> sun copy_paste.exe

If you are reading this, you made the obvious assumption about the doors verses the barrel. Howeverm if you are reading this, you are about to be theoretically disproven. Not factually, actually, just in theory.

Sure the barrel in MMM you could walk around in, but in the left door, you can walk for a short distance to a sudden fall-death. Do you know how doors work in video games? The ones which do the jiggy-wipe actually have the exact same thing behind them or close to. When you run through them it shows banjo/mario/zelda whatever game you are playing running a short distance and then WARPING to the room stored in a different location. Thats how the inside/oustide rule is broken so easy. The big area isnt INSIDE the small area, its in a totally different location.

This is best demonstrated in Zelda:OOT, when you jump off the drawbridge and into hyrule castle town, you will run longer than the solid floor before the warp is. Resulting in you falling down completely.

Now think about this, imagine doors in Banjo worked in the same way. Short stretch of ground- warp to secret room of some description, maybe secret level/sub level, maybe if it is removed it will crash or you will end up somewhere random like inside the giant beehive.

BUT it would only work if the activator for the warp is activated. The parachute wont open until you pull the cord.

Tower room A, SNS, WHATEVER. It all has the possibility of existing, and that door leading to it, but not directly BEHIND it.

Please excuse the multiplers erurs and my lck of hax1nk noelige.

Hylian1 4th July 2006 12:41 PM

Point taken. And I understand that due to you're explanatation it is possible that there isn't anything behind those doors. And perhaps there isn't. I only personally assume that there is because they're both out of place and certainly look as if SOMETHING is back there. And I can't really disprove you're theory because I've never used a Gameshark in anyway. And since neither of those doors have EVER been open, I can't say that there is anything behind either of them. But also, as you said, it is a theory, not factual. So there is still--even if it's just slightly-- a possibility that there could be something there.

BanjoPL 4th July 2006 12:51 PM

Now guys i post my recent Stop N Swop idea.
Now I'm think that pink and blue eggs are fakes!Why?In the ending of BK Rare show us this 2 eggs and ice key.They know that BK players really want collect pink and blue eggs before Banjo-Tooie release.So they put 2 as poison eggs and hidden other 4 very well.When eggs are revealed Kazooie said"another stupid egg"Stupid?Now pink and blue eggs are in Banjo-Tooie and reward poor prizes.Concidence?
After playing Banjo-Tooie again i have some ideas.
-look on Klungo's Potions colours.They have 3 missing eggs colours:cyan,green and red!
-pink and blue eggs reward poor prizes,yellow egg and ice key reward better prizes!

Rare said that there would be events in Tooie to enabled eggs and ice key in Banjo-Kazooie.Maybe Jiggywiggy Super Special Challange will triggered its...?
Some characters have possible releate to SNS:
cyan egg-Madame Grunty in Witchyworld
green egg-Loggo in Grunty Industress
red egg-Captain Blackeye in Jolly's
yellow egg-Heggy or Jingaling
ice key-Boggy in Halffire Peaks

In Grabbed By the Ghoulies Rare give us hint to SNS:collect ice key,collect 4 eggs,activate secret level.The blackboard said 4 eggs.This is number of extra hidden eggs in BK and 3 of them are missing in BT...
In Banjo-Pilot they said that we should swap game for book.School book?Maybe we should back to classroom and learn something?
Maybe we should collect in Banjo-Kazooie only ice key and cyan,green,red and yellow eggs! Then Stop N Swop room will acivated.Ice key will transfered to Donkey Kong 64 and 3 eggs will transfered to Banjo-Tooie via SNS!!! Its looks like that yellow egg and ice key connection failed...maybe when N64 Rambus changed Rare noticed that there was possible transfer only 3 eggs from BK to BT and is impossible to transfer key from DK64 to BT...so they put ice key and yellow egg in BT.

My Stop N Swop idea:
Stop N Swop Room-Tower Room in BK and BT

ice key-open something in DK64 and enable Dragoon Kazooie transformation in BT
cyan egg-activate Glowbo Cave in BT
green egg-activate secret level in BT=RSA 1?
red egg-unlock Bottles'Revenge in BT
yellow egg-jinjo in multiplayer in BT
pink egg-poison egg in BK-double press B movie in BT
blue egg-poison egg in BK-homing eggs in BT

Its looks like that Stop N Swop isn't dead!!!
If Rare canned SNS then 6 eggs would be in BT.
3 secrets in BT(Bottles'Revenge,RSA1,Glowbo Cave)=3 missing eggs?
Why Rare hidden Stop N Swop? Maybe they have future plans with it?

There are only ideas not theories!!!

Hylian1 4th July 2006 12:58 PM

What in the world is RSA 1? I keep hearing that yet I haven't the slightest idea whatsoever as to what that is!

And great theory BanjoPL!

BanjoPL 4th July 2006 01:03 PM

RSA1 is silo name that is hidden in BT memory.

Hylian1 4th July 2006 01:15 PM

Ohh.. okay. Do the letters stand for anything in particular?

BanjoPL 4th July 2006 01:20 PM

Radicously Secret Area 1.
And i'm noticed today that Klungo Potions in BT have CYAN GREEN RED colours!!!
Pink and blue eggs in BT reveal poor prizes...

Hylian1 4th July 2006 01:26 PM

o.o That's really intriguing! Hmmm... So where could that secret area be? Maybe that's referring to the doors by Grunties Industries.

BanjoPL 4th July 2006 01:29 PM

Maybe.It possible.But how you comment those cyan.green and red potions?Colours from 3 missing eggs in BT!!!Strange...

But if Rare canned SNS they would put all eggs in BT and give us their"orginal"prizes!They didn't this...and Bottles'Revenge is hidden...and RSA1 and Glowbo Cave...and Tower Room...Maybe SNS isn't canned and is very hidden!

Hylian1 4th July 2006 01:40 PM

Yes, that fact about the potions is very interesting. Some more research should be looked into that!

And the Glowbo Cave... hmmm... isn't possible that that could just be the area where the Mega Glowbo is found behind the Ice Door?

BanjoPL 4th July 2006 01:41 PM

Glowbo Cave text in BT was found in Cloud Cuckoland...
Icy Door is in Halffire Peaks...
I'm think that Stop N Swop Room is in both Banjo games and this is Tower Room in Grunty Lair.
Two doors in transformation room maybe leads to SNS Rooms(one for key,one for eggs) and Advent track play there?
Advent track is familiar to SNS music in secret areas!

3 secrets in BT(Bottles'Revenge,RSA1,Glowbo Cave)=3 missing eggs?

Hylian1 4th July 2006 02:29 PM

icy door? Are you referring to the door that the was opened with the Ice Key? If so, then that was in Glitter Gulch Mines.

Cloud Cuckoo Land? Hmmm... That is a pretty big world...

BanjoPL 4th July 2006 02:37 PM

Well...play the game carefully and you'll see that icy Door is in Halffire Preaks(Icy Side) but way to door is in GGM.
I always read that Banjo-Tooie is the game where SNS is canned.But look how many secrets is in this game...If SNS was canned then Rare would 100% canned SNS elements in Tooie like BR or BK Base Egg or put all 6 eggs in game.
Many people said that Stop N Swop dead.Maybe Rare want this?
Team SFS will work hardly.WE SHOULD PLAY BANJO-TOOIE CAREFULLY!THE ANSWER IS THERE!
JIGGYWIGGY SUPER SPECIAL CHALLANGE AND CHOSEN ONE Y ARE KEY TO STOP N SWOP...
If JWSSC have not purpose then why Rare named it as"super special"?

Hylian1 4th July 2006 02:49 PM

Exactly! There's more to that challenge then just simply being called the chosen one! We just need to find out what to do immediately after beating the challenge.

BanjoPL 4th July 2006 02:51 PM

It called us chosen one and this is possible secret code...Strange.
I will play BT and beat challange and speak with every character after complete challange!
But how erase time record? Sometime game erased record...and only after first complete JW named Banjo chosen one...How erase record? Shot off and on N64?
I'm fell that answer is pretty close...

Hylian1 4th July 2006 03:01 PM

Well don't keep turning your N64 on and off to try and delete the record. Most likely you'd just end up damaging your gamepak and/or console.

What i've always thought is that after completing the challenge, someone must be talked to or something must be done and the cheat or whatever it is to enter in the code room with the Chosen One Y thing will become available. If you haven't read it, here is my article dealing with JWSSC: http://www.rare-elite.com/jwspecialchallenge.php

BanjoPL 4th July 2006 03:04 PM

Hylian1..I'm readed your article when it was on Old SNS Station in 2003.
So i'm damaged my gamepak and record was deleted.Thanks Hylian.
I will test this theory that say:complete challange and search game!
This will intrest you:
FGN November 2000 article"Rare Talks Tooie":"Feature that allows players to come back to Banjo-Kazooie and unlock secret areas after complete Banjo-Tooie is in the game"
In 2002 on scribes Rare said that article is fake but i'm not believe this.Rare kept quiet since article release to 2002.LONG TIME THEY NOT COMMENT THIS.Many people said that FGN article was false so Rare tell "people true" and ends this "dangerous rumour".But article is strange!It release when BT release in US-Nov 2000!
In fact we don't complete BT on 100% yet...We missed chosen one code.

Hylian1 4th July 2006 03:31 PM

I don't think that particular article is false, though now i do remember those rumors about that assumption. Bottles' Revenge is there to be unlocked without the Gameshark somehow, and so is the secret level as well. We've just got to keep investigating everything and find out how to do activate these things.

BanjoPL 4th July 2006 03:36 PM

I will tested Jiggywiggy Super Special Challange theory.Thanks for some ideas Hylian! I'm coming from Poland and my english isn't good but i hope all of you understand my ideas:)I'm really want help SFS Team!;)

Hylian1 4th July 2006 03:44 PM

I understand them quite well. You're doing good with your english!

ChillyDark 4th July 2006 06:23 PM

Searching the memory in JiggyWiggy's Temple.
I am using this to help BanjoPL, then we can find SNS easily.
Edit: I think I stumbled on something!
I looked in Quagmire's memory and found this:
811D5B44 0C04.
Perhapes somebody could turn this into a code, if it isn't.
I might just be seeing something anybody saw.
I need confirmation.

Hylian1 4th July 2006 06:28 PM

Alright! Looks like Chillydark has found something! Anyone here that could translate the code right now?