The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   will we be able to sns with Banjo Kazooie and Tooie (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21005)

abyss 13th September 2008 12:38 AM

will we be able to sns with Banjo Kazooie and Tooie

Will We have the ability to sns with the n64 versions of Banjo Kazooie and Tooie when Nuts and Bolts comes out. I am not getting a 360 just for one game. I find it very annoying that to do sns we need the 360, Banjo kazooie and Banjo Tooie xbox versions. I wanted to do sns when I played Banjo Tooie. I thought it would have sns. I am not getting a 360 and the exact same games to get Sns even though I really want to do it. Nuts and bolts will most likely be an excellent game. No way is it worth getting a system for 3 games(2 of which I have) though. They should allow us n64 owners with a pre 1999 n64 to do sns. I feel kind of ripped off and almost wanting to actually get the 360 and banjo kazooie, tooie and N&B just for SNS. n64 owners like me deserve SNS.

QuantumError 13th September 2008 12:43 AM

Wow, I never thought I'd be so negative in a topic before, but sorry buddy, there is NO way that is going to happen.

First of all, they took out Stop and Swop because of the hardware configuration (which I'm sure you knew since you mentioned Pre-1999 n64s), which means that the feature isn't even in the game anymore.

Second of all, the rights to Rare are owned by Microsoft now, so even if Nintendo *wanted* to remake the game for N64 or update it, or SOMETHING, they couldn't anyways because they don't have the rights anymore.

Chances are, it is never going to happen...I suppose it is possible they might release Tooie on XBLA (even though there have been rumors about it, it hasn't been reported from Microsoft or Rare officially yet), and they MIGHT try to make the two games relive the original intent of SnS, but like I said, it probably ain't going to happen. Sorry to burst your bubble though...I'd suggest getting a 360, you're really gonna miss out dude!

abyss 13th September 2008 12:47 AM

How come Banjo Tooie couldn't just do a diagnostic test on the n64 memory each time the game starts up If the n64's earler than 1999 than you can do sns but if it is later than 1999 you can't. It's as simple as that. Banjo tooie and kazooie have those various screen transitions where the screen is black for a little while. Couldn't the game perform the diagnostic there in one of those transitions.

QuantumError 13th September 2008 12:53 AM

Well, yes, in *theory*, it could...

But what I'm trying to say is, Rare is spending their money to get the game retouched up and ready for the 360. Of the maybe 5 million people left that still own a Nintendo 64, maybe about, 400,000 of them or less still play it every now and then, and maybe 10,000 of them still have Banjo Kazooie and Tooie laying around their house, and of that number, about 1,000 still play it at times.
There is no way they are going to go back to such an old console system and fix up an old game to do this. They COULD do it with memory cards, or other things...yes, but they won't. Unless you have a good 200K lying around your house and can pay them to do it, it just isn't fiscally responsible/logical of them to do this.

Trust me, I really WISH they would! I sincerely love the idea and wish they would...but it's just a truth I've had to accept now...and thus I've got a 360 now, and a pre-ordered copy of Nuts and Bolts and XBLA Banjo Kazooie.

banjo nerd 13th September 2008 12:56 AM

I got Halo 2 and when they said Halo 3 wouldn't be on Xbox it would be 360 I wanted them to create it on Xbox

When MGS wasn't going to be continued on PS1 and I had to get a PS2, I wanted them to create it on PS1

TowerOfTragedy 13th September 2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjo nerd (Post 420207)
I got Halo 2 and when they said Halo 3 wouldn't be on Xbox it would be 360. I wanted them to create it on 360.

Yes, that makes sense in what way?

abyss 13th September 2008 01:04 AM

The game could have checked to see what memory the n64 uses and if it's pre 1999 allow sns. I'm just mad that a feature that was still possiable and was the huge reason to get Banjo Tooie was removed and now Banjo tooie, kazooie and N&B are been put on the 360 and we n64 users need to get a 360 and all 3 games now.

Whyme123 13th September 2008 01:08 AM

I thought somebody who was here for more then a year would be less stupid then this, wow, just wow.

SNs is in the xbox version of the game. Not the N64

That is like saying you want your 1993 car to be a hybrid because when you bought it hybrids didn't exist.

Or saying you want your NES to be able to play wii games, because when you bought it the wii didn't exist..

I'm being as cold and rude as you are being stupid

Oh, and the N64 is 2 gens old. 90% of people do not own them anymore. go figure they don't make games for it, none the less mods for old games.

QuantumError 13th September 2008 01:09 AM

For the game to do that, it probably would have taken quite a bit of RAM, possibly more than the N64 had. But trust me, I was real sad when I finally got Tooie and found out the feature had been taken out (I didn't know until the day I got it!!!) And I do often keep high hopes when reading the hacking threads, that they will continue to find more to the game eventually...

Adam 13th September 2008 01:09 AM

No one would go back to the N64 and fix the games to make them work. It's been 8 years, dude.

runehero123 13th September 2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abyss
Will We have the ability to sns with the n64 versions of Banjo Kazooie and Tooie when Nuts and Bolts comes out. I am not getting a 360 just for one game. I find it very annoying that to do sns we need the 360, Banjo kazooie and Banjo Tooie xbox versions. I wanted to do sns when I played Banjo Tooie. I thought it would have sns. I am not getting a 360 and the exact same games to get Sns even though I really want to do it. Nuts and bolts will most likely be an excellent game. No way is it worth getting a system for 3 games(2 of which I have) though. They should allow us n64 owners with a pre 1999 n64 to do sns. I feel kind of ripped off and almost wanting to actually get the 360 and banjo kazooie, tooie and N&B just for SNS. n64 owners like me deserve SNS.

Sure, you just need a Nuts&Bolts in cartridge format that runs on your nintendo64.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abyss
The game could have checked to see what memory the n64 uses and if it's pre 1999 allow sns.

That doesn't make any sense. The only reason you couldn't "sns" with a post-1999/whatever n64 is that BT couldn't detect any data left from BK. The xbox 360 could care less which N64 version you had. That is, if it cared at all.

Also, N64 users? Yeah, I play N64 games still, but we are kinda in a new generation of games...nobody is developing games for N64 anymore.

Give it up, it will never happen.

QuantumError 13th September 2008 01:20 AM

I play my nintendo 64 every now and then too, but with the innovation of emulators, I love being able to save whenever I want to and using other controllers at times (I loved the old controller, but at times, it made my hands cramp so bad!)

But anyways, SnS N64 style is never gonna happen ever, ever, ever, ever, ever. UNLESS somebody forks out a ton of money for it...but that ain't going to happen. It's coming to the 360 and most of us are overjoyed to even have that.

xxjoesusxx 13th September 2008 01:29 AM

lock this topic, this is rediculous.

There is no way to alter these games without re-releasing them. The N64 has no hard drive or internal memory, also the american n64 has no way of connecting to the internet, therefor making a title update or patch impossible.

Stop n swop was removed because of those technical limitations, there wont be some sort of magical switch once november 14 rolls around, and you are an idiot for even starting this topic.

seriously....i cant believe this was even posted.....jeez.

EDIT : Just wanted to also point out, that sns is between bk and nuts and bolts, NOT BANJO TOOIE, banjo tooie isnt even confirmed for XBLA yet, and BK XBLA is given away free with the purchase of BK nuts and bolts, so they are not forcing you to buy the game just to get SNS.

In fact, they are not forcing you to buy anything, period, so why are you complaining ?

Also, if BK,BT, and nuts and bolts are the only 3 games you find the 360 worth getting, you dont deserve to play video games, the 360 has plenty of fantastic games, I wouldnt even know where to begin listing, be them first or third party. There are plenty of great reasons to get a 360, this is just another one of them.

Point is, get out of the past, the mid-90's called, they want they're console back. If you want updated titles, get a next-gen system, BK and BT are incapable of being changed, get over it.

QuantumError 13th September 2008 01:36 AM

well I don't think it was wrong of him to post this (even though it was a very illogical thing to even wonder...xD), but we've got our point across so locking it would make sense about now...

xxjoesusxx 13th September 2008 01:37 AM

sorry, but if he's been a member here long enough he should know its not possible, and it was just plain dumb.

I'm sorry, that was rude, but god that made me laugh.