The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

??? 14th February 2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomario
oops i made a mistake, sorry I meant 100 jiggies so its Banjo kazooie, but im still completing it, all i know is when everythings done, the end results should be:-

100 jiggies, 98 used, 2 left over.
900 Notes.
115 Mumbo tokens, 75 used, 40 left over.

Okay, I'd like it when you finish. How many do you have so far?

repobanjo 14th February 2006 07:31 PM

I know I should know this, but what's the Ridiculously Secret Area? Where is it? What is it?

kazooieguy 14th February 2006 08:01 PM

yes i dont belive i knwo just what it accually is.

Gaming Master2k 14th February 2006 09:13 PM

Rediculously Secret Area 1 is a silo warp option that was discovered in the memory but it can't be accessed without a GS. No-one knows where it is but I wish to use an emulator to warp there as sometimes they don't freeze but I'm unable to get a GS code to activate it.

Bomario 14th February 2006 09:16 PM

actually ive just started :P but a few gameshark codes will help me get them quick, so far ive finished up to bubblegloop swamp and started freezeezy peak.

collecter 14th February 2006 09:38 PM

I think too many old questions are resurfacing, and not being answered/or people are not reading the entire forum. We have a lot of old theories that aren't being tested. I think that someone has to scan the forum for old questions and try to devide the work up among members.

??? 14th February 2006 09:46 PM

is that Rediculously Secret Area 1 in BK or BT?

Go_Nosis 14th February 2006 09:50 PM

Ok now, knowing i'm not supposed to talk about these things on the forums, i have to word this very carefully.

*ahem*

Say I have this program, called P, then J, then a nifty little 64 on the end of that. Purely hypothetical, not saying I HAVE any such program or anything.

Now, here's the kicker. Say if whoever had this, they wanted a savestate file of Banjo Tooie DURING the bottles' party house part, because they may have figured a way in without warp codes.

(Yeah. REAAAL smooth, Nosis.)

I'll wait for PMs, and my email address is Nosis(underscore)Chip(at)hotmail(dot)com, Or, if your feeling bold you can try it yourself. Use the Transformation code to become a bumblebee in jinjo's village, and you can fly right over the walls. Camera angles are tricky, don't say I didn't warn ya!

***EDIT***

Yeah nevermind. Can't enter places in transformation. Okay, I'm fresh out of ideas on that one.

hatrickpatrick 14th February 2006 09:52 PM

Here's a thought, GM... Do we currently have any way of looking at the silo list and telling which warp location it brings you to? Because I'm beginning to get the feeling that a lot of BT's freeze digits may not actually be freeze digits conwsidering the JRL pipe, the shouldn't be here jinjo houses, and the cutscene stuff in BK which was also marked as "freeze"...

Gaming Master2k 14th February 2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Here's a thought, GM... Do we currently have any way of looking at the silo list and telling which warp location it brings you to?

I'm not sure, I'll have a look at the memory editor and see if I can find out where, even if I have to match it to warp digits.

I'll do this now as I have a couple hours spare until I have to go to work.

Ice Lightning 14th February 2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Here's another thought I had the other day: Fungus Forest and Mt Fire Eyes were completely removed from BK, and, as such, there are NO refrences to them whatsoever in memory.

The SnS screen was not removed, and the text "stop n swop" can be seen in memory whether the screen has been unlocked yet or not.

In BT, the text Ridiculously Secret Area1, Silo 8, and Silo 9 can be seen whether these menu options have been activated or not. to clarify: Even if you havent activated them so you can see them in the menu, you can always see them in the memory.

If these areas had in fact been removed, the menu options wouldn't have remained, nor would the text in memory, as experience has shown us, no matter what else, if a level is deleted from the game before release, practically every shred of evidence that it ever existed is also removed. That doesn't square at all with the 3 areas in BT. Whats more, the 3 hidden menu options in BT can also be seen in the PAL version, and pretty much everything which is fully deleted is COMPLETELY gone from PAL. So if there's any definete lead for us to follow in BT, it's those menu options. They must still have some function; They would have been more fully hidden and disabled had their purpose been fully removed.

Has anyone tried those menu buttons on an emulator? I would, but I can't remember the activator codes for them and the Code/dev section still isn't up...

It's good to see you're still here hatrick, you hadn't posted for a while, anyway I thought that Banjo Tooie was meant to have almost no free space left in it, so how could a few more areas fit in. Although you never know, a fully working version of Bottles Revenge was found.
Quote:

Originally Posted by collecter
I think too many old questions are resurfacing, and not being answered/or people are not reading the entire forum. We have a lot of old theories that aren't being tested. I think that someone has to scan the forum for old questions and try to devide the work up among members.

I had actually thought of doing this earlier today and started, but got bored. I will continue but it will take a while to read all 164 pages again. I was copying important posts into a word document and I was going to say when I'd finished.

kazooieguy 15th February 2006 04:04 AM

ive gto an idea, is it psosible to fimply remove the FREEZE thing from memorie? if so then it would make it so we could move around in the areas were not uspposed too can this be done?

Hollow Note 15th February 2006 04:25 PM

Man, when I left, this thing was like 20 pages long... I'm too lost now...

repobanjo 15th February 2006 06:33 PM

When I was reading this, there was a guy named Hollow Note that had really good ideas. He hasn't posted in a while, though......wait. He's right above me.

Well, really nothing special has happened, Hollow. We had some washed up theorys (backwards masking), and our current one is about BT and the Rediculously Secret Area, and about the silos transporting. I am still new with...the....hacking language, so I have no clue what is going on.

Bomario 17th February 2006 03:36 PM

ok i need to know, if say we have a completed file and got all the eggs and keys but want to start again without them.

if we have a savestate of a completed game without stop n swap activated, loaded it then went to save and quit, will it overight the orginal game memory and erase all that happened with collecting the SNS items?