The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Latest News (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rare to restructure. Redundancies possible. (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26257)

samf 17th February 2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banjoman (Post 522626)
It's probably like day 3 in Majora's Mask over at Rare right now. This sucks.

Then lets pray they remember the song of time before it's too late.

Seriously, they should make like 10 XBLA games. Then they should sell out and make a quality, grimmy grey shooter like all the other top selling games. They shouldn't really be allowed to think for themselves at this point, just make what everyone obviously wants and has been done repeatedly.

Myriad 17th February 2009 11:29 PM

Rare doesn't deserve to die.Imo,it has still the quality and the special "feeling" in it's games that other companies hadn't,even on this era,although some may don't agree (anyway,my opinion).

@Banjoman:Good metaphor.:)

Banjoman 17th February 2009 11:30 PM

Innovation is something I support, but Nuts and Bolts was like improving oxygen. Adding more chemicals to the air most people would get sick from but it's much easier to breathe and cleaner for a small majority.

Terrible analogy, but you get it.

Tanjo 17th February 2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samf (Post 522631)
Then lets pray they remember the song of time before it's too late.

Seriously, they should make like 10 XBLA games. Then they should sell out and make a quality, grimmy grey shooter like all the other top selling games. They shouldn't really be allowed to think for themselves at this point, just make what everyone obviously wants and has been done repeatedly.

Protip: when being sarcastic on the internet, don't say "seriously" before your statement.

TowerOfTragedy 17th February 2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banjoman (Post 522635)
Innovation is something I support, but Nuts and Bolts was like improving oxygen. Adding more chemicals to the air most people would get sick from but it's much easier to breathe and cleaner for a small majority.

Terrible analogy, but you get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanjo (Post 522182)
Look at it like this: You're really in the mood for some pie. You haven't had pie in so long, you can hardly contain your lust for the flaky pie goodness. Then, your grandmother tells you she's going to bake you a pie, and shows you all the un-prepared ingredients. You get excited, you can't wait to endulge upon it. You wait in the living room, oblivious to what kind of pie your grandmother is making you. But you can't wait to find out. Your grandmother comes in and says "Your pie is almost ready!" your face lights up with glee. "But" says your grandmother, "There is a twist to the pie". You give her a confused look. "It's still a pie, and I just know you're going to love it! But it's a different kind of pie."

She opens the oven and shows you. Hmm, looks like a pie. It's got crust, it's in a tin, everything that's supposed to be there is there. But it smells odd. "What's that smell?" you ask your Grandmother. "Why it's the eggs dear!" says your grandmother. "...what?" you respond. "The eggs! I've been baking fruit and meat pies all my life, I decided to spice things up and make something different. An egg pie!" You give her a blank stare. "Ohh don't worry dear, it's still a pie! It's just a little different. I'm sure you'll love it!" You reluctantly say "...alright, I guess I'll try it."

A little while passes and your grandmother brings the pie to the table. A little less excited now, you're still hungry, and hope the pie will be good. Your uncle and your cousins come to the table, and your grandmother begins to slice the pie and give it to everyone. You stare at your slice. It's a pie on the outside...but on the inside it's an omlette...You prod at it with your fork. It's got crust, it's warm, it's got filling, but it's not the filling you expected. You cut off a piece and take a bite. Hey, it's not that bad. You take some more. Nah, this is actually pretty good. Yeah, this is an okay pie! You're beginning to like it. You finish the pie, for some reason you are unsatisfied. But your uncle grins and asks for another slice. Your cousins seem blurry, and confused. They like it, but they would rather have a normal pie.

You begin to realize that you still crave a fruit pie. You wish your grandmother would've made you one in the first place. Then you get food poisoning and chronic diarrhea. On your death bed, you say to your Grandmother "please, just make me a one of your world famous regular pies", but she responds "I'm bored of making regular pies, I think I might make egg pies from now on. Your uncle seems to like them." You say "but I'm on my death bed! Surely you could make me one more apple pie, or blueberry pie, please!" Your grandmother looks at you and says "I might, I'm not ruling it out. I'm just really happy with the pies I make right now." Then you crap your pants, puke, and choke to death on your own vomit.

That's how I feel with Nuts and Bolts.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts gave me chronic diarrhea.

EDIT: OH, AND THE PIE IS ALSO BAKED SQUARE INSTEAD OF ROUND. I HATE YOU RARE, I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. WRITING THIS POST MADE ME DEPRESSED ;_;

lol'd.

Banjoman 17th February 2009 11:34 PM

It's like grandma took the **** oxygen and put it in Tanjo's pie.

RawkHawk2010 17th February 2009 11:46 PM

With N&B having just graced the earth a few months ago, I think we all know that the Banjo Team is in no need of restructuring.

As for the Conker, PD, and Kameo teams... they've been known to spend half a decade on projects, which MS most likely intends to change.

TowerOfTragedy 17th February 2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RawkHawk2010 (Post 522643)
As for the Conker, PD, and Kameo teams... they've been known to spend half a decade on projects, which MS most likely intends to change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy (Post 522551)
Well yes, Rare definately takes their time developing a game.. 8 years to come up with NaB after 2 ditched idea's

Yes, Banjo didn't take long to develop either, now did it?

Ice Mario 18th February 2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowbulba (Post 522550)
I doubt they'll let any staff go. "Thank you for making games now go **** yourself" just doesn't sound right.

That's business.

Twi 18th February 2009 12:25 AM

So it's all NAB's fault?

Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

Ghoulies flopped. BAD. But Rare is still here eight years later, right?

Tanjo 18th February 2009 12:27 AM

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge provided the necessary profits due to its critical acclaim and high-sales.

TowerOfTragedy 18th February 2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwilightVestige (Post 522660)
So it's all NAB's fault?

Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

Ghoulies flopped. BAD. But Rare is still here eight years later, right?

It has to be NaB's fault. It's was their biggest project since they moved over to Microsoft, and it failed. Don't blame Ghoulies.

Banjoman 18th February 2009 12:44 AM

Whatever happens, I know Banjo is going to take the fall for this. The franchise is done for because Rare didn't feel like making the game everyone wanted and as a result screwed themselves over royally. That's what pisses me off the most, they practically put a gun in their mouths and pulled the trigger hoping a bullet wasn't loaded.

eioozak ojnab 18th February 2009 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=BanjoBoy123;522616]Banjo-Kazooie: Bash Buddies :D

In all seriousness, I hope Rare doesn't turn into SEGA and Banjo doesn't turn into Sonic.[/QUOTE]
I'd actually like that...
But really. Why Rare. WHY MUST EVERYTHING I LOVE GET HURT!

Twi 18th February 2009 12:47 AM

BS.

Companies are restructuring due to the cost of developing a game these days. It has nothing to due with NAB.

Did you read the article or assume that Rare had some problem and jumped on the "NAB ruined my life/ the world" band wagon?

@Banjoman: games are expensive to develop nowadays which is why redundancies might happen. It has nothing to do with NAB.