The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Crystal_bear 10th July 2006 11:58 PM

Glitch? I think that jiggy code caused it.

Theguyoverthere 11th July 2006 12:04 AM

Chilly, that download you gave doesn't work :( I download it just fine, but when i go to run it, i get an error saying some dll file couldn't be found. Maybe it won't work on Windows XP because the error box was in the oldschool format.

Banjo-Swopooie 11th July 2006 12:14 AM

I noticed the chuffy glitch, and....none of the train stations are opened in the MEMORY ONLY. The switches ARE pressed, but only in graphics.

ChillyDark 11th July 2006 12:19 AM

Try this one, then.

It should work.
Now YOU can be a great hacker like Ice Mario, or almost as good, at least.
This link is for those who can't get my above post link to work, yes it works with XP, I have XP by the way.

Ice Mario 11th July 2006 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
After all, Slaphappy found the cutscene mod after all this time, and, apparently, it eluded Ice for years...

Actually, the text document I used for my cutscene workings has a timestamp of 01/10/2000 15:46 :)

Theguyoverthere 11th July 2006 01:27 AM

Thanks, chilly i got it workin :) But I was wonderin' if it's just a memory editor or if you can actually use it like a code generator (search for values, choose higher or lower, etc. just like on a GS).

Also, on any rom (like BK) there is no text at all ANYWHERE. Just "Banjo Kazooie" at the beginning and then no words, no text. I've searched on a gameshark and there's definitely text in the memory editor. How do u get it to show ALL of the memory?

Ice Mario 11th July 2006 01:54 AM

Data within roms are compressed, except for the executable and filesystem table.

Crystal_bear 11th July 2006 02:07 AM

I'm sorry, but English please?

Since I've been thinking of being a wannabe, beginnger hacker.. like looking at sprites etc.. just to try to help out, I think I should learn as much stuff as possible.

Crystal_bear 11th July 2006 02:25 AM

...Games also use HTML coding? *shot 128(bad pun) times for getting confused and then acting like a n00b*

Well, I can see that. I guess it's good that it's compressed... I mean, it CAN kill computer space if it weren't compressed.

Yuoko 11th July 2006 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal_bear
...Games also use HTML coding? *shot 128(bad pun) times for getting confused and then acting like a n00b*

Well, I can see that. I guess it's good that it's compressed... I mean, it CAN kill computer space if it weren't compressed.

No, not that I've seen, anyway. It just helps to learn HTML.
Well, glance at the Hexadecimal Wiki to scare yourself from learning it. :p

Crystal_bear 11th July 2006 02:29 AM

Luckily I know quite a bit HTML. *hugs freewebs.com*

Scare myself? Yikes, it's that hard. I think I'll stick to "search and find" hacker guy... er... girl.

ChillyDark 11th July 2006 03:48 AM

Here's a hacking text guide, that shows you the features of Hex Workshop, and allows you to hack.

If you want to find something, search text then copy the hex, then switch to 32 bit unsigned long, and paste the hex.

Crystal_bear 11th July 2006 04:09 AM

So.. paste it on these forums if I find anything? Shweet.

I should get that PJ64 if I want to learn.

Theguyoverthere 11th July 2006 06:46 AM

But CAN you do more than just look and edit text and memory? Like the code generator? Cause I've always wanted to hack codes for BT but, you know, the freezes and stuff on the GS.

hatrickpatrick 11th July 2006 10:11 AM

You have to use a program called Emucheat with pj64 1.5, but it's a complete nightmare to hack with, half the functions are written in some symbol language (Chinese maybe? Not quite sure) and it moves the bytes around, so you can't read any 16-bit addresses from it...

Hey Ice, did you have any luck with that M code you were trying to get for BT?