The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   *Just a Glitch* STOP N SWOP TRULY FOUND! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15572)

Articerile 21st April 2008 06:05 PM

Right.

Random both on and off topic post to prove something or another.

I am a girl.

Tanjo 21st April 2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfe Logan (Post 308536)
I believed you the first time... And, as I said, rather it's a random glitch or not, you weren't trying to decieve anyone. Some people just can't help but throw a hissy fit and put something down when they don't understand it / can't do it.

"STOP N SWOP TRULY FOUND!!!!! THE REAL WAY"

^?

Wolfe Logan 21st April 2008 08:31 PM

...No. I said I believed that ssj found what he said he found. I never said I agreed he had found SnS the way it was meant to be found.

Fox McBanjo 21st April 2008 09:02 PM

@ tanjo: he thought it was the actual way to get the Ice Key using DK64, but was wrong, and it was actually just a glitch.

I think thats what you were questioning Wolfe about, anyway.

ssj 21st April 2008 10:17 PM

is it possible to somehow activate the sns flags in memory by combinding savestates?

Jinjo Chao 21st April 2008 11:13 PM

If I had a code to force the secrets to be saved (using the all secrets code only gives you them while the power is on), I could experiment with this.

Skill 21st April 2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Thanks Skill
No probs

glitchman 22nd April 2008 12:23 AM

when you first found the glitch how did it feel to be the first guy outside of rare to stop n swop in some shape or form?

ive been wanting to ask that question for AGES

Whyme123 22nd April 2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssj (Post 308751)
is it possible to somehow activate the sns flags in memory by combinding savestates?

Isn't that what you did?

runehero123 22nd April 2008 02:04 AM

There is a major problem, and I can't believe no one has brought this up. If this truly was "Stop N Swopping", then tell me how the Ice-key would be collected.

It wouldn't make sense that Donkey Kong set a flag when you pulled the lever saying that the Ice-key would be collected. You would need to collect it yourself in Banjo-Kazooie. See what I'm saying? Therefore, I don't think there are any "flags" that have been affected by Donkey Kong 64.

The only flag Donkey Kong 64 would set is for the Ice-door to be open.

/rune out

Quote:

Originally Posted by glitchman
when you first found the glitch how did it feel to be the first guy outside of rare to stop n swop in some shape or form?

It felt great to be the first person to find flags that were written by Banjo-Kazooie.

No one has actually done Stop-N-Swop in any form. This is a glitch, nothing more.

Jinjo Chao 22nd April 2008 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssj (Post 308751)

Don't know, but it CAN be done with Gameshark (i.e. inputting the Have All Secrets code into DK64, then loading a BK savestate which DOESN'T have all of them).

ssj 22nd April 2008 09:23 PM

I just managed to combined a savestate of the ice key blocked by the ice wall and banjo tooies menu

it basically had the ice key image in the background but had banjo tooies menu still workable

Coolboyman 22nd April 2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssj (Post 309312)
I just managed to combined a savestate of the ice key blocked by the ice wall and banjo tooies menu

it basically had the ice key image in the background but had banjo tooies menu still workable

You're not getting it, so let me spell it out for you.

Loading save states from other games CANNOT AFFECT THE SAV FILE OF THE OTHER GAME IN ANY WAY WHEN BEING USED BY AN EMULATOR. This applies for all games. If you load a Banjo Kazooie state while running Mario 64, Mario 64 cannot alter the sav file, and visa versa. This applies to every game, and since cold swapping was never completed, it would not be a feature in an emulator. If you also do that anywhere else (Gobi's valley, etc.) it gives the same result. You are just not getting it and accomplishing nothing doing this.

The reason that occurs is because it saves the screen as an image, and sets it in the background. This has happened several times in the past. I'm not sure how this works, but I believe its in a different part of the RAM since save states do not over write this data. Someone explain this to me please...

ssj 22nd April 2008 10:36 PM

coolboyman: Check out my post in the hacking section and try that out

Coolboyman 22nd April 2008 10:40 PM

and read my reply