The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

pokemaster252 11th June 2006 02:34 AM

Oh yeah, forgot about the lockon being denied... did they ever specifically reference the 64DD? That could have been it. Tooie could then just read Kazooie's map data and you could get the items that way. After you got done with that, you'd have the eggs in Tooie and Kazooie, but all that Kazooie cart would know is that the areas were opened and you got the items. Hence the lack of cutscenes for them so far.

Of course, I'm probably wrong, just as I am with a lot of other things... this is probably a lot more complicated than creating new zones in Sonic the Hedgehog 2...

LaorBR 11th June 2006 02:49 AM

Creating new zones with SONed is indeed tedious. And everybody will complain about how much your zone sucks if you don't do custom art and ASM programing anyway. Meh.
Well, I recall the scribes guy saying some time ago that Tooie was always planned to be a cartridge game.

pokemaster252 11th June 2006 02:59 AM

Oh, it was? Ok, that theory = debunked.

But anyway, about the SonED thing, yeah, it's tedious, but I used to use pure hex to do stuff to my hacks before switching to graphical utilities. Either way, nice to see someone else who's done it. :)

LaorBR 11th June 2006 03:10 AM

Humm, regarding your 64DD/Lock-on question...
I found a link to that old scribes... and nope, he doesn't say anything about the 64DD at all.
Here's a link
XD
My mistake.

pokemaster252 11th June 2006 03:18 AM

I still don't think the 64DD thing is possible though, unless DK64, which supposedly was part of the Stop N Swop picture, was made as a DD game.

Unless, of course, the ice key and Fungus Forest both being in BK and DK at one point or another was part of a weird crossover completely independent of SNS.

Whatever it is, we're not getting anywhere with blind speculation. Hatrick or slaphappy, any updates? Not to rush you or anything.

The Jinjo Jinjo 11th June 2006 04:26 AM

DK64 was intended to be for the 64DD if I recall. But we all know what happened with that... o-O

pokemaster252 11th June 2006 06:02 AM

Are you just referring to the fact that it ended up on cartridge because the 64DD flopped? Or something else?

Theguyoverthere 12th June 2006 02:47 AM

Sorry to say something totally different, but:

Has anyone seen the GFF question about "Do you know where you have been?" then it shows you a picture of the X barrel in MMM? I just think that might be a little more than just a coincidence... And when i was playing i had all my SnS erased from Gameshark. I wonder if someone HAD entered the SnS code, if the X barrel would have not been there in the picture? Cause the picture was a perfect close up of the X barrel, i find that odd.

Go_Nosis 12th June 2006 03:06 AM

Guys! Guys! My friend found a pic on the internet I really think you need to see..

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...o_evilbott.jpg

That's a number guys. On a red egg. Number 6. It's in GbtG.

Anyone have this game and an XBOX? if so, start searching. Please. In case there are more pictures of eggs with numbers.

This could mean a pattern, a sequence, it could be everything we need. I'm still scouring BK to no avail, but when i was sent this, i was thoroughly shocked. cmon guys, someone give this a shot. I hate to be the one to ask people to test my theory, but I can't do this one.

Anyone who checks it out for me will win my gratitude. Lame prize, I know.. But we should all do our parts here, right? So let's work together. Someone, anyone, PLEASE check this out!

mikesgm6 12th June 2006 03:07 AM

Woah what game is GbtG O.o
Rare sure knew what they were doing.. If it was released after it was found its probably a token of appreciation :D

oh yeah grabbed by the gouhlies

pokemaster252 12th June 2006 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go_Nosis
Guys! Guys! My friend found a pic on the internet I really think you need to see..

Anyone have this game and an XBOX? if so, start searching. Please. In case there are more pictures of eggs with numbers.

This could mean a pattern, a sequence, it could be everything we need. I'm still scouring BK to no avail, but when i was sent this, i was thoroughly shocked. cmon guys, someone give this a shot. I hate to be the one to ask people to test my theory, but I can't do this one.

Anyone who checks it out for me will win my gratitude. Lame prize, I know.. But we should all do our parts here, right? So let's work together. Someone, anyone, PLEASE check this out!

This can be huge. I too request further investigation.

Though it goes against the "Collect 4 eggs and the ice key, open secret level" theory. 4 eggs + key = 5. This is suggesting that the red egg is the sixth item you collect. And we all know 6 > 5... right?

Anyway, for those of us that don't have GbtG, here's food for thought. If we are to figure out what SNS was going to do, we need to think about the items themselves. Why things as random as six differently colored eggs and a key of ice? Why not six acorns and a wooden key? Think about possible connections (besides what they're used for in Banjo Tooie... I don't know about you, but I have a hard time believing all we would get out of them are cheats).

Theguyoverthere 12th June 2006 05:04 AM

What about my fantastic revolutionary unbelievable super-de-duper discovery? About the GFF question?

vaticandrummer 12th June 2006 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go_Nosis

What? It's just a picture of Devil Bottles. I don't see any egg. Maybe I'm just being o-O , though.

Gaming Master2k 12th June 2006 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaticandrummer
What? It's just a picture of Devil Bottles. I don't see any egg. Maybe I'm just being o-O , though.

I was about to say the same thing. I don't see an egg or the number 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesgm6
Woah what game is GbtG

Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Theguyoverthere 12th June 2006 05:44 AM

I feel left out.