The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

GameandWatch33 28th August 2005 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
Just wondering, is it possible this trigger may only exist (or was to exist) in BT, and be transfered over to BK? Even if so, would a "space" for this trigger to be recieved in BK exist in the memory? It's sort of hard to explain, but hopefully some of you clever hackers will understand.

Anybody that doesn't hack but is interesting in finding information in BK, perhaps could get all 3 files on your BK games to 100% completion, bar the secrets. That way any theories that require normal BK play,can be performed nice and quickly.

A question: When cheats are used to open note doors, worlds, are small cut scenes shown ?

Ok, benjo I found the codes you were looking for (I hope you meant the sandcastle codes)

I came across something odd though, it is on the same page. When you go to the page, CTRL+F the word "sunken", it is right underneath the codes that you are looking for, my question is, WTF are they taking about?

Here they are

Chaos Angel 28th August 2005 05:51 PM

Sounds like some bogus theory, because you need a Game Boy game to put in the Transfer Pack for it to retain any data.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameWinners.com
Hint: Gruntilda rock:
After defeating Gruntilda the witch, go to Spiral Mountain. Go to were she fell in the ending sequence when you defeated her. There will now be a rock that is rumbling and shaking here. This is Gruntilda.

ROFL!

vaticandrummer 28th August 2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachi
Why for? Secrets are what make a game fun. To me, at least. And even though it's frustrating not being able to figure it out right away, it's fun to try to figure it out.

Stop n' Swop is one of the biggest reasons I LOVE B-K. Secret things like this just fuel my interest to no end.

You just completely hit the nail on the head...that was EXACTLY what I was going to say.

hatrickpatrick 28th August 2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

A question: When cheats are used to open note doors, worlds, are small cut scenes shown ?
I never used those sandcastle codes (I always used AR codes) but I tried one or two note door ones and I got a moo when I finished. However, when secrets are unlocked using sandcastle codes, cutscenes are shown of the secret doors already open.

Sorry about the lack of updates today, but I've got an incredibly bad cold. I'll spare you the gory details, but I probably wont be able to do much hacking today. I'll probably be better tomorrow, in which case I'm going to invesitgate this GV crypt a bit more.

dmoss 28th August 2005 09:05 PM

Hmmm....how so, Patrick?

(Sorry you're sick! Hope you get to feeling better! I'll pray for ya'....cause colds suck!)

-daniel

hatrickpatrick 29th August 2005 11:26 AM

Ok, well the headache's gone along with the other more gory stuff, so I'm going to start working on the GV crypt in a little while.

I'm trying to find the address in memory which stores the data for whether the coffin is open or not. It could be that other important activators would be in the same area of memory, so it's worth finding...

Benjo Koolzooie 29th August 2005 12:21 PM

Yeah I know when the secret item codes are used small scenes are used. But scenes are not used when grills, worlds and note doors are opened via cheats? That's what makes me think mybe these codes for the secrets are not debug. (Then again , other factors, such as the potential sliding of the ice doors, make me think otherwise).

Hatrick I don't remember, have you not yet found the trigger for the room behind the X barrel?

vaticandrummer 29th August 2005 10:02 PM

If there is a trigger for the X barrel, doesn't that mean there are triggers for all of the other SnS areas?

Tachi 30th August 2005 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaticandrummer
If there is a trigger for the X barrel, doesn't that mean there are triggers for all of the other SnS areas?

That would be logical, yes. >>

vaticandrummer 30th August 2005 01:45 AM

Then that would mean we would need to search for triggers in the code. Does anyone know how long it might take to do a search for any unknown triggers, or if it can even be done?

GameandWatch33 30th August 2005 03:23 AM

Perhaps if we were to search for an unknown value, active the code, than search for a value that is less than the last?

hatrickpatrick 31st August 2005 11:02 AM

Quote:

Does anyone know how long it might take to do a search for any unknown triggers, or if it can even be done?
And

Quote:

Perhaps if we were to search for an unknown value, active the code, than search for a value that is less than the last?
It's possible, but extremely, EXTREMELY difficult to do. I'm still looking for this GV crypt activator, and I have literally hundreds of possible addresses even after doing it a few times. I'm going to try common activator types to see if that narrows it down (such as 00 = off, 01 or FF = on) but I think, in the long run, we're going to have to get a bit further in understanding the general SnS situation before we try any ambitious stuff like this. I'm going to try it, but if this search comes up with nothing, I'd say our best bet is to continue searching for connections, as we have been doing. That seems to have yielded more new info than anything else so far.

GameandWatch33 31st August 2005 07:39 PM

I will help examine this stuff too, it will take a while for I am still learning how PJ64 works.

hatrickpatrick 2nd September 2005 09:52 AM

ok, headache is slightly better, so I'm going to start going through these codes. I tried the simple 01=on/00=off activator to start, and I have about 20 possibilities. I'll go through them and see if any of them relate to the crypt...

GameandWatch33 2nd September 2005 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
ok, headache is slightly better, so I'm going to start going through these codes. I tried the simple 01=on/00=off activator to start, and I have about 20 possibilities. I'll go through them and see if any of them relate to the crypt...

I am still trying to get familiar with PJ64 V 1.6, they changed everything. How am I supposed to view the code and what is going on?

Also I am used to using the darned gameshark, but I find it much faster and convienient using PJ64.