The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Gaming Master2k 12th October 2005 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoss
I hope Hatrick and GM2K return soon,

Where have I been? Did I enjoy the trip?

I have 3 months break starting in 4 and 1/2 weeks. Until then it's all exam revision, after that I have time. Also, it feels wierd people considering me when it comes to GS hacking and SnS theories and things like that. Good (;)) but wierd.

GameandWatch33 12th October 2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaming Master2k
I have 3 months break starting in 4 and 1/2 weeks. Until then it's all exam revision, after that I have time. Also, it feels wierd people considering me when it comes to GS hacking and SnS theories and things like that. Good (;)) but wierd.

I think that can be accredited to me. After all, you did help me with those codes. And, while I can do my fair share, you are more familiar with GS than I am.

Kratos_Aurion 14th October 2005 03:28 AM

Sorry for the delay. As it turns out, the egg does not show up on the table on the Bottles game.

Gaming Master2k 14th October 2005 09:00 AM

I decided to have a look at the SnS address and try values. I don't know whether this will help anyone EVER but it's here in case we need something.

81283400 XXXX --- Note same address as before so nothing new

0000 - Nothing
0001 - Nothing
0002 - Nothing
0003 - Nothing
0004 - Have Ice Key
0008 - Have Cyan Egg
0010 - Have Pink Egg
0020 - Have Blue Egg
0040 - Have Green Egg
0080 - Have Red Egg
0100 - Have Yellow Egg
0200 - Opens Ice Key 'Door'
0400 - Opens 1881 Wine Barrel
0800 - Raises Sharkfood Island
1000 - Opens Gobi's Valley Door
2000 - Places Green Egg on Loggo
4000 - Places Red Egg on Captain's bed
8000 - Places Yellow Egg on Nabnut's table

To get different combinations just add them together.

Example #1: Have Pink Egg (with Sharkfood Island still lowered) and Ice Door Open. Put in 0010 + 0200 = 0210

Example #2: Have Pink Egg with Sharkfood Island raised. Put in 0010 + 0800 = 0810

Obviously the common FFFF Opens them all makes you have them all and adds the 0003 (- Nothing) to them.

Don't know if this was already known or, like I said, if it's even going to be useful but there it is anyway.

From the way this is set out I think the only way order can actually matter is if it's placed in another address. As you can see on this address it doesn't matter whether you have Ice Key and Pink Egg (with areas open) because no matter how many different arrangements (Pink Egg + Ice Key or Ice Key + Pink egg) you still end up with 0A18

Rocketlex 14th October 2005 07:15 PM

But wait wait WAIT. Notice the order in which the numbers go. The first egg you collect is the cyan egg, and the first egg you unlock in the main game is the cyan egg (open the barrel). Moreover, the first three eggs are the only ones with special areas (the cyan egg counts here, because of how the barrel works) while the last three eggs just appear.

This means that, if any of the eggs are superfluous, they're likely the ones without special areas, and probably the red and yellow ones (since they come last).

Zy0n7 14th October 2005 07:32 PM

In in-game order terms, the first egg should be the pink one, since TTT comes bofore MMM

Gold Jinjo 14th October 2005 07:48 PM

*stickied on account of senseless whining*

hatrickpatrick 14th October 2005 08:48 PM

Ok, so red and yellow out. I'll try the remaining eggs, in order, tomorrow.

I think we've got another problem though.
1: If the sandcastle codes arent the normal way to activate the eggs and key, then what is? I'm not sure if collection the right ones will make a difference unless they've been activated the right way...
2: What do we actually do after we've got the right ones? It could be that instead of something automatically happening once the right eggs are collected, we atually have to go and do something before it'll be active, in which case we're going to have to come at this from another angle entirely >_<

Lets not be pessemistic though. I'll try these combinations tomorrow and see if they get us anywhere.

GameandWatch33 14th October 2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Ok, so red and yellow out. I'll try the remaining eggs, in order, tomorrow.

I think we've got another problem though.
1: If the sandcastle codes arent the normal way to activate the eggs and key, then what is? I'm not sure if collection the right ones will make a difference unless they've been activated the right way...
2: What do we actually do after we've got the right ones? It could be that instead of something automatically happening once the right eggs are collected, we atually have to go and do something before it'll be active, in which case we're going to have to come at this from another angle entirely >_<

Lets not be pessemistic though. I'll try these combinations tomorrow and see if they get us anywhere.

Perhaps we can work backwards with this. How about we use the sandcastle codes to activate the eggs' appearance, then search for where it is happening at in the ram.

Then we proceed to find out if there are any other in-game events that are linked to that.

Is there anything that I should try? I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time. Or do you have something else in mind?

hatrickpatrick 16th October 2005 02:55 PM

Hmmm
I could try looking for the sandcastle activator, but the problem with banjo is that it's near impossible to get a managable number of results.

The method is as follows
Have no items
do an unknown value search
collect one of the eggs, say, blue
do a different to search
do random stuff in the game (fire a few eggs, kill an enemy, go into a different room
do an equal to search
get rid of the egg with the sns code
do a different to search
repeat

you have to make sure you use the same egg eacvh time, as they may all have different addresses...
I have to finish a school project thing, which is why I've been so busy over the last week. It'll be done this evening, so I can try this tomorrow. If I'm lucky, I can try it this evening...

GameandWatch33 16th October 2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

Hmmm
I could try looking for the sandcastle activator, but the problem with banjo is that it's near impossible to get a managable number of results.

The method is as follows
Have no items
do a different to search
do random stuff in the game (fire a few eggs, kill an enemy, go into a different room
do an equal to search
do a different to search
repeat

you have to make sure you use the same egg eacvh time, as they may all have different addresses...
I have to finish a school project thing, which is why I've been so busy over the last week. It'll be done this evening, so I can try this tomorrow. If I'm lucky, I can try it this evening...

I would do this, but I am in the same position as you are. I also have a school project to take care of.

DevilBottles 17th October 2005 03:30 AM

ok, i havent been following this thread very well, but it seems as though you guys are doing well enough to get Stickied :D

So, what has been found out?

GameandWatch33 18th October 2005 03:24 AM

Quote:

Hmmm

The method is as follows
Have no items
do a different to search
do an equal to search
do a different to search
repeat

Alright, I am ready to get started. All of my rediculous obligations are out of the way. I am now ready to tackle SnS.

Since I am a procrastinator, I can work straight through Sunday(That is when I do my homework). I also do not go to school untill 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

Time to start. Now, since you have probably started on the blue egg, hatrick, I will begin the work with the red egg.

I will report when I am done.

Kratos_Aurion 22nd October 2005 03:54 PM

Okay, I just got back from a 2 day vacation (actually, I got back yesterday in the afternoon, but I forgot to mention this), and I got to ask my uncle who works for Microsoft about Stop N Swop. Apparently, he knew nothing about it (I wound up explaining it to him), but from what I can gather, they are making a sequel to the BK series. I don't know how accurate his info is, but he seemed pretty sure about the sequel.

repobanjo 22nd October 2005 04:40 PM

Wow. That makes me much happier. New B-K game... Anyway, did you ask your aunt who works at the Nintendo help line?