The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

xtreme6789v2 20th January 2006 09:00 PM

Okay.. thanks to KazooieGuy, I have this idea... if you remember the forums mentioning the Advent calendar and stuff from FP? Well suppose you STOP in that level someplace and SWOP something there... maybe it is FF... or maybe it is the key to getting the ice key the actual way. Whether this is the beginning of the sequence, or end, who knows? Just a thought to tie in to previous thoughts on other levels and what not.

Gaming Master2k 20th January 2006 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
But that doesn't make any sense... Wouldnt it have
STOP N SWOP
SAVE AND QUIT
ARE YOU SURE

instead of just
STOP N SWOP
ARE YOU SURE

since the save and quit would come first?

It's more an organisation thing. They keep the pause menu together and so it starts with Return to Game, Exit to witch's lair, View Totals and Save and Quit.

The next menu is the View Totals so they have that section followed by the final option which was the save and quit and that happens to be Are you sure? A - yes, b - no

When it comes to programming you have many many thousands of lines of code and so if things aren't organised it can get very messy. It's a lot easier to keep the menus together and store in the order Pause Menu -> View Totals Menu -> Save and Quit then all the options jumbled all over the place.

Now you may be thinking why didn't Rare go View Totals -> View totals Menu -> Save and Quit -> Option
It's entirely possible to do that. There's nothing saying you can't. It would still be organised enough but Rareware probably have a policy saying to do it that way (or maybe just the programmer who programmed the menus prefers it that way).

DevilBottles 20th January 2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaming Master2k
It's more an organisation thing. They keep the pause menu together and so it starts with Return to Game, Exit to witch's lair, View Totals and Save and Quit.

The next menu is the View Totals so they have that section followed by the final option which was the save and quit and that happens to be Are you sure? A - yes, b - no

When it comes to programming you have many many thousands of lines of code and so if things aren't organised it can get very messy. It's a lot easier to keep the menus together and store in the order Pause Menu -> View Totals Menu -> Save and Quit then all the options jumbled all over the place.

Now you may be thinking why didn't Rare go View Totals -> View totals Menu -> Save and Quit -> Option
It's entirely possible to do that. There's nothing saying you can't. It would still be organised enough but Rareware probably have a policy saying to do it that way (or maybe just the programmer who programmed the menus prefers it that way).

Ah, I see what you're saying now, perfectly. :p

Yeah, that should pretty much shoot that one down.

kazooieguy 21st January 2006 01:09 AM

one thing ive tought about this and the areas without secrets might contain activators for the next egg in the line anyone else reilize that there are 6 eggs and 6 area without an egg? CCW spring summer and fall mumbo;s mountin clankers cavern and bubble gloop swamp. prehapes one for each area and a secret for each area that will only be reviled if youhave a certain egg that would explain the the birds with the cut scece in the CCW notice they dont exisist in winter? that might explain it

EvilPsycho 21st January 2006 03:10 AM

Yeah I thought that too. Or maybe they'd at least tell the code. So every time you unlock one area, you basically unlock the next.

kazooieguy 21st January 2006 07:38 PM

not quite what i meant i mean the first egg is unlocked you take ti to a special place within one of the area without an egg and then the enxt egg is unlocked

krueger14 22nd January 2006 01:01 AM

How can u just ignore this, why dont u work on the numbers, and if every1 is gonna ignore me, i wont come back!!!!!!

BanjoSonic 22nd January 2006 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krueger14
How can u just ignore this, why dont u work on the numbers, and if every1 is gonna ignore me, i wont come back!!!!!!

People ignore you because of your poor spelling and grammar. Maybe if you improve a bit, then maybe people might stop ignoring you.

EDIT: What I meant to say was, they are focusing on the text rather than the numbers.

krueger14 22nd January 2006 02:04 AM

Wtf, just for that, i am gone, c ya later.. uh, i mean never

totokan 22nd January 2006 02:14 AM

Once again, a n00b has left.

dmoss 22nd January 2006 02:49 AM

Come on, everyone. Let's not continue to ruin some of our best threads with petty complaining and bickering. It's not worth making our beloved RWP look this way. If you don't feel you are being paid the attention that you Oh-So deserve, begin to treat others with the same respect that you would ask them to give you. It's silly that we still need to have conversations like this, isn't it? Please, eveyone, just don't be so short with eachother. Like I said, it's not worth.

This has been another PSA from your friend, dmoss.

kazooieguy 22nd January 2006 03:42 AM

guys ive just noticed something

in bubble gloop swamp theres a egg thatyou break at one point it is the size of the stop N swop eggs scence its pink could it be we need to take the pinkegg to bubble gloop to unlock anothwer part on the stop N swop chain ?

so we can assume this so far

Pink= BGS

ChrisPBacon 22nd January 2006 03:47 AM

The six eggs six egg-less worlds sounds interesting, but that would rule out the GBTG board. Also, doesn't the board say Ice egg before eggs? And if there is a secret level, it would probably be FF. Grrrrr, rare is evil.

Yuoko 22nd January 2006 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisPBacon
The six eggs six egg-less worlds sounds interesting, but that would rule out the GBTG board. Also, doesn't the board say Ice egg before eggs? And if there is a secret level, it would probably be FF. Grrrrr, rare is evil.

The board does not mention the Ice Key, if I recall.

Gaming Master2k 22nd January 2006 05:19 AM

Yes it does. I don't know where a pic is but it says

1. Collect Ice Key
2. Collect Secret Eggs
3. Unlock Secret Level

(or something to that effect, may not be the exact words).

I've been slack and haven't beaten the game but I plan on soon so I'll get a pic when I can.