The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   HOW does the Nuts & Bolts Stop n Swop Work? (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22805)

Kahuna360 10th November 2008 08:00 PM

HOW does the Nuts & Bolts Stop n Swop Work?

TITLE.

[B]Any who, i DONT want to know what it'll unlock.
So if you know do NOT tell me.[/B]

BUT. I really wanna know how, BK is gonna swop with NB?
Like how am i gonna do swop the first games stuff to the third game's?

ALSO
How am I gonna get the Eggs & Key in the BK?
(Codes?)

Does anyone know yet?

BK3fan 10th November 2008 08:03 PM

According to the guide, NaB can tell if you have BK XBLA and the SnS eggs...as for how you get them...not sure.

Gold Jinjo 10th November 2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK3fan (Post 454733)
as for how you get them...not sure.

That's what I don't get.

They would had to have modified BK in a way so you can get the secrets legitimately, but I'm not sure... how. Is Shark Food Island raised by default? Is the Ice Key wall not there? Are all the other eggs already shown in their respective spots?

I'm thinking that's probably the case. You just walk around and get the items and somehow that's SnS :P

Cheesy9 10th November 2008 08:13 PM

As far as Nuts and Bolts goes, it seems like the game knows which SnS items you have, and as such, the crates appear in their respective locations. As for how do you get them in Banjo-Kazooie XBLA, I don't know.

I'm hoping that you have to get all the Jiggies before you can grab the items, but I think instead they made it so that you can get all the items on your first visit to an area. So I'm guessing for the pink egg, all we have to do is go to TTC and go to Sharkfood Island which will already be raised.

Solid SOAP 10th November 2008 08:30 PM

To be honest I'd rather it be that you don't have to get all the Jiggies to unlock Stop & Swap. I was never even able to make it to Gruntilda in the first game. :P

Kahuna360 10th November 2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold Jinjo (Post 454743)
That's what I don't get.

They would had to have modified BK in a way so you can get the secrets legitimately, but I'm not sure... how. Is Shark Food Island raised by default? Is the Ice Key wall not there? Are all the other eggs already shown in their respective spots?

I'm thinking that's probably the case. You just walk around and get the items and somehow that's SnS :P

Oh i will not be happy if theres no real legit way of getting the sns stuff.
it would be so simple and no fun :(

chillywilly42 11th November 2008 02:56 AM

I would hope you'd just have to beat Grunty, then go back for the extra jiggies & sns. You know, to give it a bit more replay value.

joey-achooie 11th November 2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chillywilly42 (Post 455142)
I would hope you'd just have to beat Grunty, then go back for the extra jiggies & sns. You know, to give it a bit more replay value.

Yeah, no, I just beat the N64 one for the first time yesterday. I really don't even want BK XBLA for anythign other than stop n' swop. XD

7Dragon 11th November 2008 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna360 (Post 454728)
TITLE.

[B]Any who, i DONT want to know what it'll unlock.
So if you know do NOT tell me.[/B]

BUT. I really wanna know how, BK is gonna swop with NB?
Like how am i gonna do swop the first games stuff to the third game's?

ALSO
How am I gonna get the Eggs & Key in the BK?
(Codes?)

Does anyone know yet?

you probably need nut and bolts saved on yor memory for it to work

Madous 11th November 2008 05:04 AM

ATTENTION

Sharkfood Island and the Ice Key wall ARE NOT BROKEN OR RAISED BY DEFAULT. There is some other way to get the items... I'm going to guess beating Grunty.

Adam 11th November 2008 05:07 AM

Ok. There are two extra jiggies in Banjo-Kazooie?

Madous 11th November 2008 05:10 AM

Wait, what? Explain, 3V1L.

Gold Jinjo 11th November 2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T (Post 455191)
Ok. There are two extra jiggies in Banjo-Kazooie?

The standard Rare response in 1998 was the extra two jiggies provided a "leeway" for the player to complete the game without getting every jiggy in the game.