The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

tellyjelly 6th June 2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Yeah but it wasn't going to be part of the banjo series, was it?

neither was dk64

hatrickpatrick 6th June 2005 06:49 PM

Yeah but as I already said, I don't fully buy into the DK64 theory...

Benjo Koolzooie 6th June 2005 06:53 PM

Then why do you think the "ice key" text was found in Dk, out of interest?

tellyjelly 6th June 2005 07:16 PM

it's a bit far-fetched, but maybe the text is in there simply to fool us? there's no ice key images or whatever to be found in dk64.

hatrickpatrick 6th June 2005 09:35 PM

It doesn't nessecarily mean the BK ice key... We all know rare likes to throw in random references to their other games, and they have references to SnS all over the place...
As far as I know, that text is the only bit of evidence, besides the music which only sounds like SnS to me since it was pointed out to me that it did. I never noticed it before then....

Benjo Koolzooie 7th June 2005 06:56 PM

I noticed it, after hearing the SNS music on BK, I remember going to Gamegaqs years ago to post about it. Anyway, true. I am not sure about the whole DK/ice key thing.

Tachi 7th June 2005 07:35 PM

Hello, everyone. This'll be my "first" post here. First is in quotations because I was once Crystal Jinjo and Blue Jinjo a very looooong time ago on here.

But now to my suggestion on the SnS hunt, which I truly believe isn't in vain.

As many have said, you need to activate things to make things appear. For example, the black behind the "X" barrel which contains the green egg disappears and the green egg appears when you enter the code.

I haven't read this thread to its entirety, but I do believe that people have unlocked the eggs and went straight to collect them, correct?

My suggestion is (and I don't mean to send you guys on another wild goose egg chase) to unlock the eggs, or the ones you think you need, and go examine if anything changed in the levels. ANYTHING at all. When you activate one of the eggs, that part of the level changes to reveal it.

Don't you think it's possible that somewhere in B-K, after the eggs and key have been unlocked and not gotten, that something would change? Some dialogue from a character, picture on a wall, etc. If that would happen, wouldn't that mean that you'd have to do something dealing with that thing to unlock the eggs/ice key without the cheats in the Sand Castle?

It's just something that I've been thinking about rather longingly about. I'd love to join the hunt, but unfortunately, I've gotten the eggs and key on BK a long time ago, and I don't have a ROM/Emulator. If someone would PM me info on getting them, I'd join in a heart beat (hope it's not illegal to ask like that). Much oblidged, thanks.

~Tachi

(Sorry for the long post. ^^; )

SSJ3 Gogeta 9th June 2005 11:44 PM

Can someone show me a scan of the GBtG board? I can enter the fray, if I see it...

SubDrag 9th June 2005 11:50 PM

I believe it's on the GBTG cameo page.

platinum jiggy 10th June 2005 06:42 AM

wow. To think SNS discussion is still pretty active perplexes me to the fullest extent. I've never thought of there actually being "fake" eggs that would set a trap for hackers. What a clever way that would seem most logical for Rareware. For the speed of the eggs, I always thought that they were just random speeds for a cool effect. But you can never really dispose of a theory or an idea untill it is 102% completely inacurate. I always thought that if the red egg was in BT, then Bottles Revenge would be unlocked as a special minigame. So if by what your all saying, GBtG is telling us the purpose of SNS and that there would be a secret level. Rare obviously must have put in a trap for hackers (or made us think its a trap) so the hackers wouldn't find the secret level. This new idea certaintly brings new life to the whole SNS concept that may one day unveil a level that may still be in BK or more secrets to BT!?!? Probably not, but we know that this whole idea was canned by Nintendo. So it's all of Nintendos fault.

Andre 10th June 2005 07:11 AM

Yes, I know. This is amazing me. The SNS speculation is just exploded lately. We are a very dedicated bunch. :D

EvilPsycho 14th June 2005 04:48 AM

....O
O.....O
....O
....O
....O = ?
....|

Using 4 eggs!

.....O
O......O

.....O

Connect them!

platinum jiggy 14th June 2005 05:12 AM

Now that I look at it, it seems most logical that the outside eggs are the fake ones because they are the fattest out of the 6. I bet that Rare originally intended to have special places for all of the 6 eggs but dropped it/made quick fix. (maybe not, but wo knows?)

Man do I hate comming to threads late. Especially a freakin awsome and interresting one such as this..

Hakey Wake 14th June 2005 03:05 PM

Um...don't all the eggs go by the base egg design? So how could some be fatter?

hatrickpatrick 14th June 2005 06:44 PM

They're all the same but they give the impression of being fatter because of the way they spin at different speeds and in the opposite directions...