The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   twilight search ( please read all ) (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7832)

xherosonic 7th October 2007 12:24 AM

now what? i mean, is this it for TB? we now know what it was to be, now there is nothing to do but wait for BK3... i am now sad...

runehero123 7th October 2007 12:28 AM

Thats what I was going for :). Don't worry, this opens bigger doors on what to look into, especially for us ASM'ing people. The sandcastle codes + icekey are the best route to go for ASM research.

But yah, it definetly answers how the data was swapped.

Dkuyu 7th October 2007 12:35 AM

no offence rune, and not to sound like a know-it-all cuz i know for a fact that im not one (heh, sounds kinda wierd) but i honestly could ave figured that out, in fact i understood it right when i read the patent you showed us a few pages back, and by a few, i mean a ton. dont get me wrong im apreciative that you showed us, i mean i fully understod it before the aarticle, but the areticle shijned a little bit more light. but to be honest i was expecting something better, i was kinda disapointed (waits for hate mail to flood my pm box) something that everyone would be able to use, and have fun with, like the play-in-cutscenes code for bk, or the bottle revenge code for bt. sry rune, just didnt surprise me... thanks for your effort though

runehero123 7th October 2007 12:43 AM

So your telling me that you could have figured out that there was an extra memory source where the flags were stored instead of the RDRAM, and that the flags were carried over in the INTERNAL processor memory (d-cache/i-cache) without doing any research. Sorry, but I dont think you actually get what the discovery is about.

If you were expecting a tangible discovery well then...I'm sorry.

Also, try posting in the actual thread where I posted the discovery, thanks.

AlmostJinkies 7th October 2007 12:50 AM

So in other words... we don't know how to Stop-N-Swop yet, but this is the beginning of the possible discovery?

xherosonic 7th October 2007 12:51 AM

when does BK3 come out? i need to buy an xbox360 before then, and also, I just remembered something, there is still a mystery that is left unsolved! we know how it was to work, but there had to be atleast one access point where the swapping took place, so we must find it, even if it is somewhat irrelevent at this point, even if it was to happen in n64dd for BK-BT, it STILL needs a swap point, so lets find it! it has to be in BK, because the BK side is still intact! if we find this, stop n swop is within our grasp!

New mission: find swop point!

Otacon 9th October 2007 12:38 PM

I think this is good, We now know more about the process than we did and knowledge of how something works is always the start to makeing it work. Good work Rune, You've done us proud!

Shaz 13th October 2007 05:49 AM

Cool a more detailed explanation of how it would of worked :)

ssj 14th October 2007 10:13 PM

IVE FOUND A NEW MAP IN BT!!!!!!!!!

81127640 0159 requires project 64

yamibakuragod 14th October 2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssj
IVE FOUND A NEW MAP IN BT!!!!!!!!!

81127640 0159 requires project 64

any screenshots of it?

ssj 14th October 2007 10:20 PM

no - its a black room, but theres something there , because i have inf air on, but the bubble is still showing and the fps havn't stopped. I'm gonna get a video but it will take me up to an hour to upload one.

The video is finished. It will be on soon depending on how long it takes to upload on youtube. Its not that big a file though

the video is processing on youtube. It will be up soon
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1gTw1U-pC2w

yamibakuragod 17th October 2007 03:27 AM

copy/paste ftw

well, I checked it out. Honestly, there doesn't seem to be anything there. I tried turning on wireframe, just for the heck of it, to see if something shows up, but nothing. Could it be something, maybe, but there just doesn't seem to be anything there.

Otacon 17th October 2007 01:32 PM

It is entirely possible that swimming is the default for any givin room, before land is added, oor prehapes it was a room left unfinished, prehapes one of the rooms from grunty's lair or a container for one of the BK carts ( had they decided for 4 carts) Or mabye even a room that was in one of the worlds, but they couldent decide on a use or deemed it useless,, if they erased the textures and objects then it wont do much good however, might i suggest findign the walls of this room and moving along them to see if prehapes a warp may have been left that might show the rooms pourpose or prehapes where i was acessed from ( if anywhere.).

And as a side note, Good job finding it :)

yamibakuragod 17th October 2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otacon (Post 235980)
It is entirely possible that swimming is the default for any givin room, before land is added, oor prehapes it was a room left unfinished, prehapes one of the rooms from grunty's lair or a container for one of the BK carts ( had they decided for 4 carts) Or mabye even a room that was in one of the worlds, but they couldent decide on a use or deemed it useless,, if they erased the textures and objects then it wont do much good however, might i suggest findign the walls of this room and moving along them to see if prehapes a warp may have been left that might show the rooms pourpose or prehapes where i was acessed from ( if anywhere.).

And as a side note, Good job finding it :)

you don't actually have a character to move around. Like I said, I wireframed it and got nothing, not even banjo.

ssj 17th October 2007 02:21 PM

but these rooms need to be decoded in order to get the room loaded properly. The most interesting thing about the room is the fact that it plays the same track that the BETA green pipe room does. When looking through a text dump in BT , things like the tower room and RSA were still in there. Which means theres the slight possiblity that it's one of them