The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   twilight search ( please read all ) (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7832)

bkazooie_freak3 9th March 2007 03:19 PM

i know its kind alate but i would really like to help , please :)

Fox McBanjo 9th March 2007 03:44 PM

Yeah,welcome aboard the TB,Bkazooie_freak3!

We are currently investigating Freeze Digits in B-T and B-K,and Coolboyman's 3 new Stop 'n' Swop eggs.Feel free to look at what you want though.

DeathWraith 9th March 2007 05:10 PM

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...23/snacker.png
I have came up with 2 ideas with this picture.

1.This could be Sharkfood Island risen up w/ the pink egg. (Don't know the color of the egg here)

2. This is CCW in the summer or fall showing the giant hawk egg from bird's eye view.(I don't remeber the color of the egg)

I skipped highschool today so feel free to IM me.

ConkerKing 9th March 2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photobucket
Sorry, the page you requested was not found

Uhhhh..you may want to fix that...

DeathWraith 9th March 2007 05:26 PM

Fix'd:)

Fox McBanjo 9th March 2007 07:05 PM

Snacker and the 'pink egg' have been found before,this isn't really that new.Sorry.

P.s This is my 300th post.com

runehero123 9th March 2007 10:08 PM

Yah i think i posted those in my RBF. Anyways everyone that doesnt have CBM's tool should download it because it will let you use a memory modifier on BK even if you dont have a gameshark or the buggy Nemu emulator.

Fox McBanjo 9th March 2007 10:33 PM

To the person who gave me positive rep:Thank you,but please only give rep to deserving posts,not because you have made more posts.I make few posts because I don't want to make '1300'.I want to make worthwhile posts.Not that your posts aren't.Im looking at you,runehero.

runehero123 9th March 2007 10:48 PM

huh? I didnt give any rep... and my post was worthwhile. But now this one isnt. Oh well.

gdsmzroll 9th March 2007 10:50 PM

Just a quick question how do you view your comments in your profile.

Fox McBanjo 9th March 2007 10:54 PM

Sorry rune,I thougt it was you.Someone gave me rep for no reason other than to say 'Iv been here half the time you have and made 1300 posts!Make more posts!' to me.

Whyme123 9th March 2007 11:16 PM

Fine, then imagine it says "Good job pointing out that point you pointed out"

That, or I would have to wait 24 hrs to change others rep, who I feel should loose it. All in good wishes, FMcB.. :(

DeathWraith 9th March 2007 11:21 PM

Well..I feel stupid...:(

MikeHive 10th March 2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHive
By the way, at what point do we consider a freeze digit 'officially' worthless and move onto another?? We could potentially test these things all day and continue to justify having another go "just in case it does something this time..." :p

I'm happy to continue probing 0785 if people think there's a point to me doing it, don't get me wrong. :D

Not to be pushy in any way, but do you think we could get an answer on this? I'm not testing anything further until we have some sort of plan. :)

bobbynicjr 10th March 2007 11:42 AM

hey im finally back everyone! ill add people to the list soon, also 2 things CBM found another egg? sweet, ill be sure to look through that thread soon and fox mc banjo, did you make 300 posts or 1300 posts? cuz 1300 posts in the time youve been here might be record breaking.

Fox McBanjo 10th March 2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox McBanjo
Snacker and the 'pink egg' have been found before,this isn't really that new.Sorry.

P.s This is my 300th post.com

bobbynicjr 10th March 2007 03:58 PM

ok now that thats over im going to go update the list

Articerile (BK, BK(E), BT(E) ) (GAMESHARK (E) ) (PAL)
Airman (BK(E), BT(E), DK(E) (?) (?)
Ariel124 (BK,BT,DK), (?), (?)
Bazooie (BK(E),BK,BT) (NO GAMESHARK) (US)
Banjo-Hamooie ( BK(E), BT(E), DK(E), (GAMESHARK), (JAP)
BanjoPL (BK,BK(E),BT, BT (E),DK (E)), GAMESHARK), ?)
Bkazooiefreak3
Bobbynicjr (BK,BT,DK), (NO GAMESHARK) , (PAL)
Bomario (BK, BK (E) BT, DK, (?) (?)
Cheezdoodles (BK,BT,NO), (NO GAMESHARK), (PAL)
Conkerking (BK (E) BK, BT), (?), (US)
DeathWraith (BK, BT,NO) (NO GAMESHARK) (?)
Dude Mc Guy (BK, BT, DK) (GAMESHARK), (PAL)
Duker (NO,NO,NO) (NO GAMESHARK) (NO GAMES)
Fox McBanjo (BK,BT,NO), (NO GAMESHARK), (PAL)
Gdsmzroll (BK,BT, NO), (NO GAMESHARK), (?)
Glitchman (BK, ?, ?) (NO GAMESHARK) (PAL)
Go_Nosis (BK,BT,?), (GAMESHARK), (?)
Gscodeseeker (BT, BK, DK) (?) (PAL)
Kirbyfanner
LaorBR
MikeHive (BK, BT, BK (E), BT (E), DK, DK (E) ) (GAMESHARK) (PAL and NTSC)
Mikesgm6 (BK,BT,NO), (NO GAMESHARK), (?)
Nstar13 (BK,BT,DK, BK(E) BT(E), DK (E) ), (NO GAMESHARK), (NTSC)
Otacon (L)
Runehero123 (BK (E), BT(E) ,DK(E)), (GAMESHARK), (US)
SourSlurpee (BK,BT(E),DK), (GAMESHARK), (?)
Neodynamics (BK, BT, DK64), (GAMEHSHARK), (?)
Qwertybub3 (BK,BT,DK) (GAMESHARK,) (NTSC)
whyme123 (BK(E), BT (E) ?) (?) (?)
=donkey-banjo= (BK,BT,DK64) (?) (?)

keep telling me stuff i need to update people!!!

we now have over 30 members!

MikeHive 10th March 2007 06:48 PM

Oh, I didn't realise DK64 was significant for the list - I have the PAL cart and NTSC ROM of that, as well. (Wow, looking at that list, it would appear I have more stuff than everybody else! ;) )

Can someone please answer my question about freeze digit testing? We badly need some sort of plan as to what is useful and what's a waste of time. This Twilight project is going to seriously start lacking direction unless people start deciding things and actually doing stuff... it seems there's a lot of talking and not much 'doing' going on...?

runehero123 10th March 2007 07:04 PM

: someone get us the jiggy modifier for bk. Thats how the original SNS freeze digits were discovered.

You see i dont think any freeze digits for bk will actually work by changing banjos image. We need to change jinjos, and other items, so if someone could find that list. Here is what we need to change image of:

Notes
Puzzle pieces
Rubber Boots
running shoes

Same with dk64, we need to change image of
Golden bananas
normal bananas
ammo packs

Bt i think cbm knows the codes to what objects can be modified.

NStar13 10th March 2007 09:38 PM

I can't find a website to get a DK64 rom that is compatible with PJ64. Where did you guys get yours?

DeathWraith 10th March 2007 09:39 PM

Im going to see if I can get DK64 and do I need something to play DK64?
Don't know if I remember correctly it needs something to put in front of the game cartidge..

Fox McBanjo 10th March 2007 10:04 PM

An expansion pak,most likely.

DeathWraith 10th March 2007 10:13 PM

Uh.. Do I need it to play it..?

Fox McBanjo 10th March 2007 10:20 PM

Yes.It needs it to process the graphics and data.2 p0werfule.com!!1!!eleven!1

DeathWraith 10th March 2007 10:24 PM

Hm.. I'll have to check stores for it now..:(

glitchman 10th March 2007 10:26 PM

is the expansion pak the little black box thingy with the red top.

used to play majoras mask?

DeathWraith 10th March 2007 10:43 PM

Ugh can't find DK64 anywhere....:'( or the expansion pak..

Whyme123 10th March 2007 11:19 PM

Why did dk64 need the expansion pack, and BT didn't? They could of easially made BT use it..

But why dk64?

runehero123 10th March 2007 11:44 PM

because dk64 has some complex graphics features that it needs the expansion pack to use.

and the guy looking for the expansion pack and dk64 just use ebay. Youll find it in a couple seconds

DeathWraith 11th March 2007 01:45 AM

Yeah but my dad doesn't trust Ebay + im only 15..

bobbynicjr 11th March 2007 02:03 AM

tell him the chance of getting robbed on ebay is like less than half a percent, its not risky, just have to make sure the person who you buy it off has good feedback, like if this person has sold 1000 things, and recieved positive feedback for all or had neg feedback for like 1 or 2, its quite impossible to get robbed on ebay with stats like that.

jumbo mumbo 11th March 2007 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbynicjr
tell him the chance of getting robbed on ebay is like less than half a percent, its not risky, just have to make sure the person who you buy it off has good feedback, like if this person has sold 1000 things, and recieved positive feedback for all or had neg feedback for like 1 or 2, its quite impossible to get robbed on ebay with stats like that.

My dad's the same way as DeathWraith's, and if he's much alike my dad, it won't work. I've tried that, but my parents STILL don't trust it... I really don't get them.

Glaber 11th March 2007 03:57 AM

Then use eBay with the help of someone else you know. That's how I first used eBay. Got Crash Dummies (Genesis) and a new N64GS that way.

bobbynicjr 11th March 2007 04:45 AM

the chance of getting robbed with someone with good feedback is less that 0.000214 (well close to it), my parents got into ebay so i dint have to beg :p
ive bought at least 10 games plus my 360 on there

Dude Mc Guy 11th March 2007 06:52 AM

May i suggest we get back on-topic please. When you said jiggy modifier do you mean the image or the action? Cuase' I remember seeing a jiggy image mod in the hacking forum.

bobbynicjr 11th March 2007 09:16 AM

ya sorry, i got no clue about that stuff so my mind wanders, just wait till runehero or someone gets on

DeathWraith 11th March 2007 06:48 PM

I'll ask my cousin for the ebay thing.. or people at my school for the game + expansion pak

runehero123 11th March 2007 07:29 PM

Okay i found the jiggy action/image modifier. It modifies both.

Well Ive discovered something quite interesting... It seems that when i load up banjo tooie, and load a save state of DK64, it will load the save state and will be 60% playable. I mean the whole level will load. You can move dk, You will only see his shadow. But another funny thing is, Earthworm jim3d savestate also loads great with bt. Some animations and textures will be missing and you will not be able to leave levels, cuz its not loaded into memory. I think i have a theory on this. It seems that bt has some area of data that it can load whole areas of level data, animations, textures, etc. into. If i could make a nemu save i will check out the area of data these save states are being loaded into in bt's memory. Strangely though, it wont load Bk savestates without crashing your emulator.

Here is how you can test it out yourself (using project 64)

Requirements:
Banjo tooie ntsc rom
Dk64 save state (included)
Earthworm jim3d save state(included)

Step 1: Start up BT and when you see the N logo load the Dk64 save state.
Step 2: When it loads you have to keep moving DK around or else the game will freeze, if you go past the last two torches, or step on the switch it will also freeze. But its mostly playable and loads the whole level!

BT to EJ3d
Step 1: Start up BT and when you see the N logo load the EJ3d save state.
Step 2: You dont have to keep moving for this cheat to work. Just dont leave the level.

Whyme123 11th March 2007 07:33 PM

So what does ths mean?

ConkerKing 11th March 2007 07:36 PM

So,you can play as DK,correct?Have you tried a savestate with Mario64?