The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   twilight search ( please read all ) (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7832)

runehero123 23rd September 2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dkuyu
gobi even mentions mt fire eyes as the "fire level" after ou hit him on the back the last time for more water, even more proof that mt fire eyes was once a level but was dropped

He's referring to hail-fire peaks in Banjo-Tooie.

Dkuyu 23rd September 2007 07:41 PM

same difference T_T

idiot cow 23rd September 2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runehero123
He's referring to hail-fire peaks in Banjo-Tooie.

That may be true, but at the time the game was made I doubt they knew they were going to make Hailfire Peaks (or even a second banjo kazooie). It would all depend on how much the game sold.

runehero123 23rd September 2007 10:46 PM

They had Tooie planned before they released Banjo Kazooie. I'm pretty sure they knew there was going to be a lava world in BT by then(Seeing as MFE was partly reworked into HFP.

idiot cow 24th September 2007 12:56 AM

Really? I would think that Rare would wait to see how the game went first before working on another.

Otacon 24th September 2007 12:18 PM

I thinnk Banjo tooie was started in production before the first game, thats why Mumbo was able to say " Secrets you missed that will help in next game." and by the way good eye of spotting those baddies in the lava room, I have never noticed there were the carpet flyers.

Fox McBanjo 24th September 2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otacon
I thinnk Banjo tooie was started in production before the first game, thats why Mumbo was able to say " Secrets you missed that will help in next game." and by the way good eye of spotting those baddies in the lava room, I have never noticed there were the carpet flyers.

Good analasis, Otacon. Though I wouldn't think that they they started the sequel BEFORE the prequel, but rather during development, they thought up many ideas for the sequel.

NIce grammar, too. Where have you been all this time, though?

Otacon 24th September 2007 12:28 PM

Like I said to rune Hero, Ive been busy with school lately, but in my free time Ive been studying Visual Basic so that i can move up to C++ and then be able to understand the program that BK and BT was written in. Also Ive been watching the code in my emulator on BT looking for lines of reoccuring code whenever a cutscene loads, so that mabye i can find a way to use it to develop a cutscene mod, but that aside I'm just glad to be back.

Fox McBanjo 24th September 2007 12:32 PM

Good to have you back, too. :)

Have you seen the site? Many, many things have happend there...

http://twilightbrigade.tk/

Otacon 24th September 2007 12:34 PM

No I havent thank you for the link Fox =) I'll check it asap.

Just a question, i read on the sites news that you found a switch in RBB Was that a hoax as you thought it may be?

Fox McBanjo 24th September 2007 12:36 PM

Join up to the forums. Your almost guarenteed an Adminship.

Otacon 24th September 2007 12:42 PM

Thank you I will. I am very impressed with the site, and with the discoverys made, but I wonder if once i am abel to program C++ if we wont be able to fill in code gaps and the like, to find where certain things , like the blank silos, were designed to go...any thoughts?

bobbynicjr 24th September 2007 12:48 PM

welcome back otacon. also good work everybody on finding all those things. Not that anyone cares but ill be away for the next 2 weeks or so for halo purposes as well, might check up occasionly though.

Otacon 24th September 2007 01:23 PM

You will be missed, See you in a few weeks.

StevethemasterX 24th September 2007 06:55 PM

the toxic thing was not a hoax

but i think you people misunderstood.

i said "you can go under the water with a mod."

i used a cosmetic mod to get into the room, the cutscene thing was too show you there are cutscenes that do weird stuff like that in each level.

yamibakuragod 24th September 2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevethemasterX
the toxic thing was not a hoax

but i think you people misunderstood.

i said "you can go under the water with a mod."

i used a cosmetic mod to get into the room, the cutscene thing was too show you there are cutscenes that do weird stuff like that in each level.

I think I get where you're going, but I'm still a bit confused. Maybe if you made a video, that might help. I know you had the one of you in the room, but I don't really see what was special about being able to get in there.

StevethemasterX 24th September 2007 07:37 PM

meh never mind, lets leave it as a tale for another day.

runehero123 24th September 2007 11:26 PM

New objective for anyone who is currently bored. Take your DK64 Kiosk rom, and a hex editor. Now open the rom using the hex editor and search the text. If you find anything INTERESTING that I haven't posted here: http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...ad.php?t=11873

then please post here. Thank you!

idiot cow 25th September 2007 01:08 AM

I will help search in my free time.

runehero123 25th September 2007 03:34 AM

Ok, thnx idiot cow...wow that sounded weird. I appreciate the help :).

Airman 25th September 2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamibakuragod
I think I get where you're going, but I'm still a bit confused. Maybe if you made a video, that might help. I know you had the one of you in the room, but I don't really see what was special about being able to get in there.

If you go to that area in Rusty Bucket Bay, there is Toxic waste in it that hurts you everytime you jump in. You cannot dive and you certainly can't stay in there for very long. So what he's saying is that why would you need to program anything under it? Waste of space no? Unless it was originally meant for something. Plus the floor is purple *o* triiiiiiiiiiippy XD if you use bottles glasses to view the RBB model you'll see that the only coloured in places are actually in that area....

Otacon 25th September 2007 10:25 AM

Bottles glasses? I think I saw something about that on the sites main news no? So tell me, what are they exactally?

Also, I was reading my visual basic text book yesterday and i found something out, most programmers will embed text into there codeing, not just as names for objects and places, but also things like nameing a switch or a message to the programmer, like a personal note about a glitch or something that was removed or possibly even telling how certain actions are to be preformed IE. an order of events to bring about a result, I think it may be possible to find these notes in the code, but to do so We'd need to strip the gaem to pure code, and look over the entire seet whitch could take ahwile, I'll look into it more when I have more information, and of course this is assumeing Rare dident cover there tracks by removing these notes in the code.

yamibakuragod 25th September 2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otacon
Also, I was reading my visual basic text book yesterday and i found something out, most programmers will embed text into there codeing, not just as names for objects and places, but also things like nameing a switch or a message to the programmer, like a personal note about a glitch or something that was removed or possibly even telling how certain actions are to be preformed IE. an order of events to bring about a result, I think it may be possible to find these notes in the code, but to do so We'd need to strip the gaem to pure code, and look over the entire seet whitch could take ahwile, I'll look into it more when I have more information, and of course this is assumeing Rare dident cover there tracks by removing these notes in the code.

yeah I know what you mean, usually look's like,

Dim x as string

x = txtText.Text

lbltext.caption = x 'the caption for lbltext on screen is equal to x

to expand comments are typically used either to put down notes so the programmer remembers what they were doing, or to leave notes to the other teams that will be using the code.

But if you're talking about the actual code itself, I don't think we have a way of viewing, I would think that would have been one of the first thing we did if we could.

runehero123 25th September 2007 05:14 PM

^You can view the assembly code in C using nemu. But I don't think that would help much.

AlmostJinkies 25th September 2007 07:33 PM

Does anyone have GS codes to activate Steve's switch/glitchy cutscene?

I'm having trouble believing that because of the lack of real proof we have...

runehero123 25th September 2007 10:07 PM

No but I have something amazing to reveal tommorow ;). Did somebody hear monkeys?

ssj 25th September 2007 10:31 PM

damn i may not be around tomorrow due to halo 3. Is it your Uber-feature or something different?

runehero123 25th September 2007 10:35 PM

No, but it's still really cool. Did mike die or something because I haven't heard from him in a while?

@offtopic:
You know what, I myself am starting to get a little annoyed at Mike. I mean he told me he would be busy, but he never replied to my last PM. I think the next message I send him will say that he has until the end of this month to come up with that article. Or I will make the article myself and post it up. It's just holding up our research if it doesn't get revealed soon.

I apologize to anyone who has been patiently waiting the release of that information.

KeronSHB 26th September 2007 01:03 AM

All I have to say is Welcome back Otacon, also I might be lacking on here too, school and all.

BloodXP 26th September 2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

No, but it's still really cool. Did mike die or something because I haven't heard from him in a while?

@offtopic:
You know what, I myself am starting to get a little annoyed at Mike. I mean he told me he would be busy, but he never replied to my last PM. I think the next message I send him will say that he has until the end of this month to come up with that article. Or I will make the article myself and post it up. It's just holding up our research if it doesn't get revealed soon.

I apologize to anyone who has been patiently waiting the release of that information.

Best thing i've heard all week!

idiot cow 26th September 2007 02:45 AM

Quote:

No but I have something amazing to reveal tommorow ;). Did somebody hear monkeys?

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I am excited to hear what you have to say. Don't let me down. :p

BanjoPL 26th September 2007 09:29 AM

I found something interesting in BT Text Deccompressor:

"PLAYER 1 PLAYS THE GAME AS
NORMAL, BUT IS HAUNTED BY THE GHOST OF BOTTLES. ƒLTHE GHOST WILL POSSESS ANY
NEARBY BADDIES, WHICH PLAYER 2 CAN THEN CONTROL. ƒCPLAYER 2 USES THESE BADDIES
TO TRY AND THWART PLAYER 1'S PROGRESS."

"PRESS ‡ TO PLAY THE GAME. SELECT TYPE OF GAME.
* 1-PLAYER ‹2-PLAYER BOTTLES' REVENGE ŚBOTTLES' REVENGE EXPLANATION ž92
PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO START A BOTTLES' REVENGE GAME."

This text is for "hidden" Bottles' Revenge menu.

Otacon 26th September 2007 11:52 AM

I am interested in what you have reveal Rune and props for the dramatic reveal, <laughs> I am looking forward to it, and a quick question have we located a map editor for Tooie?

I ask because these hidden areas, the tower room, RSA , and such could be easily seen if we had one, and if we can view it from a map editor we may be able to find out what is required to reach the room and mabye figure out why its there in the first place.

ssj 26th September 2007 12:33 PM

i think todays discovery will be something about the donkey kong 64 kiosk rom or the BT cosmetic mod

StevethemasterX 26th September 2007 06:33 PM

the BT cosmetic mod is made, but its only for good hex editors to use.

runehero123 26th September 2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssj
i think todays discovery will be something about the donkey kong 64 kiosk rom or the BT cosmetic mod

You were right on the DK kiosk rom. Check the hacking section to view the image mod code and values :D .

Dkuyu 26th September 2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

@offtopic:

dude rune those are the single most best words i've ever seen you say, thanks so much, you see, now you know why we all got so crazy a while ago about it, but yeah till the end of this month... doesnt seem too far away =D

runehero123 26th September 2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dkuyu
but yeah till the end of this month... doesnt seem too far away =D

Your right...Perhaps I should give him a little extra time to respond...Let's say October 5th.

Dkuyu 26th September 2007 10:35 PM

fair enough, js dont kep sending it back, October 5th is the latest, agreed?

runehero123 26th September 2007 10:55 PM

Okay, its final then. I'll give mike a chance to respond by October 5th. If I don't hear from him, or if he is unable to write the article. Then I will do it for him. Also, now that I'm done with the Image modifier in DK Kiosk, it should be easy to locate an actor mod for the TNT barrell during the Chunky Boss scene.