The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Everyone Read - Seventh Sns Egg! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8343)

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaorBR
I'm gonna ask another favor: could you get close to the egg, switch to first person look and try turning the camera around a bit?
I think that the reflected-light effect is not a texture at all -- I think it's actually some kind of framebuffer effect, like the one they used in the golden jigsaw board in Jiggywiggy's temple, and maybe that's the reason why the game is slowing down.
So, if you try look closely to it and turn the camera and the reflected light moves around the egg's surface, it's definitely not a texture. If it doesn't move then nevermind.

Also: are you working on a GS Code for this? Just out of curiosity

I just offically destroyed my BT rom when looking for the trigger again. When it loads, the game instantly freezes. I'll try to get you that answer soon, I need to get another ROM.

I encourage you to listen to my advice on this:
DO NOT LOOK FOR THE TRIGGER ON A CONSOLE OR ELSE YOUR GAME MAY SUFFER THE SAME FATE AS MY ROM, EXCEPT YOUR CARTRAGE WOULD BE DESTROYED AND WOULD HAVE TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE IN ORDER TO SEARCH FURTHER.

I think it would be best to not look for the trigger with a normal gameshark on a console, for if your cartrage sufffered the same fate, there would be no way out. Your cartrage would be dead, and would have to purchase a new one.

Like I said, I'm trying my hardest to get a GS code, but I need to figure out where the trigger appears. If I can find out where it ALWAYS appears (or at least the pointers pointers pointer etc., which is what this seems to be like), then yes I can make a code.

==============EDIT===============
Aparently, I can still access my savestates, but when the game starts, it will not go to the intro screen. To answer your question, the reflected light looks like a texture. I just remembered doing what you said before making the video because I was curious myself on the same matter.

Bottles98 28th February 2007 07:11 AM

I came back here because I kind of felt bad. My post seems like I was undermining this discovery, and I didn't mean to, so...sorry, CBM. I do think this is a cool discovery, I'm just kind of bitter. :p

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottles98
I came back here because I kind of felt bad. My post seems like I was undermining this discovery, and I didn't mean to, so...sorry, CBM. I do think this is a cool discovery, I'm just kind of bitter. :p

Have you ever read my posts about stupid theories? Haha, don't feel TOO bad.

LaorBR 28th February 2007 07:34 AM

Quote:

Like I said, I'm trying my hardest to get a GS code, but I need to figure out where the trigger appears. If I can find out where it ALWAYS appears (or at least the pointers pointers pointer etc., which is what this seems to be like), then yes I can make a code.
Oh, a savestate will do. :D

Hakey Wake 28th February 2007 10:43 AM

Hrmmm, an Orange "?" graphic too? Most interesting, I'm going to assume (based on nothing at all) that perhaps there are (were) 6 of these new eggs to compliment (perhaps be traded with) their Banjo-Kazooie counterparts.

Regardless of how convulated the theories will no doubt become, good job. :)

runehero123 28th February 2007 04:55 PM

what does it mean if you set the image mod to a freeze digit, warp to an area, and banjo's image doesnt change? Just a question.

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runehero123
what does it mean if you set the image mod to a freeze digit, warp to an area, and banjo's image doesnt change? Just a question.

I don't understand your question.

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 08:30 PM

I was right!God,I had no idea!I applaud you CBM!You are truly an excelent hacker and great SNS finder...good job man!Awesome how this one actually spins too!
-CK-

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConkerKing
I was right!God,I had no idea!I applaud you CBM!You are truly an excelent hacker and great SNS finder...good job man!Awesome how this one actually spins too!
-CK-

It doesn't actually spin - they were originally the springy shoes before I edited the image displayed, and the Springy shoes always face banjo.

Whyme123 28th February 2007 08:47 PM

Dude, it isn't a joke.. Man some people are thick.. It isn't a joke, as it isn't april.. doh

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 08:49 PM

Happy 100th post!
Anyway,what is an afj. file?I'm assuming it takes an animation and converts it to a movie file or something,and then he would place it in the movie.You have no idea how difficult that would be.It's darn near impossible,and if it was,it would take a really long time to do.
Post#:434

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConkerKing
Happy 100th post!
Anyway,what is an afj. file?I'm assuming it takes an animation and converts it to a movie file or something,and then he would place it in the movie.You have no idea how difficult that would be.It's darn near impossible,and if it was,it would take a really long time to do.
Post#:434

-groans-

AFP = April Fools Prank

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 08:51 PM

Oh..:)..sorry to bother you..

glitchman 28th February 2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyman
-groans-

AFP = April Fools Prank

he stressed o-O

anyway im one of the BEILIEVERS and not the MISSBELIEVERS all we got left is the silver and gold eggs 2'go

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

anyway im one of the BEILIEVERS and not the MISSBELIEVERS
Same here.I am a believer.Sorry if I come off sarcasticly.