The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Everyone Read - Seventh Sns Egg! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8343)

Nick 9th March 2007 09:38 PM

Could some one put Banjo And Kazooies texture on the egg?

Topmonhit 9th March 2007 09:41 PM

If the Dark Green was an unfinished texture, then if the base egg is yellow, I would expect it to be yellow on the top instead of black. But that's just what I'm thinking...

I think someone mentioned that there wasn't an orange egg for that image someone posted with the different colors of the eggs and stuff but no one said anything. So I'm going to bring it back up randomly. Which I did.

...maybe the pic of that... one game with a name I forget that had CBM and Orange Egg IS a hint and the Orange Egg was a glitch or a something or I don't know. But I doubt it. I'm just randomly tossing theories out.

LaorBR 9th March 2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

one game with a name I forget that had CBM and Orange Egg IS a hint and the Orange Egg was a glitch or a something or I don't know. But I doubt it. I'm just randomly tossing theories out.
Not a hint, they just wanted to get as many people as possible to watch that video, you know, for free publicity. ;)
Off Topic: Man that Jetpac remake looks really damn fun. Also what Sabreman, the Wulf and the cauldron from KnightLore are doing in the borders of the screen?

TSF 9th March 2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaorBR
ConkeryKing: Weird, it works for me.
Uploaded somewhere else: http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/352/imagemlt7.jpg
EDIT:these onions are not important tho

TSF, try loading and dumping the textures of the base egg model, and also try dumping the textures inside Heggy's hen house when the yellow egg, so we can compare those textures.
I believe you're using 1964, right? Because usually the pallete-swapped textures (like Link's clothes in LoZ) usually appear without colors. I think we may be on to something.

Hi i'm back Okay I will try those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topmonhit
If the Dark Green was an unfinished texture, then if the base egg is yellow, I would expect it to be yellow on the top instead of black. But that's just what I'm thinking...

I think someone mentioned that there wasn't an orange egg for that image someone posted with the different colors of the eggs and stuff but no one said anything. So I'm going to bring it back up randomly. Which I did.

...maybe the pic of that... one game with a name I forget that had CBM and Orange Egg IS a hint and the Orange Egg was a glitch or a something or I don't know. But I doubt it. I'm just randomly tossing theories out.

About the orange egg texture missing I think the game only loads some of the textures and not all at once(it was the n64)and going to another room with an egg of a different color would make it load the rest although thats just a
theory.

hatrickpatrick 9th March 2007 11:10 PM

right that's it, I'm going to hack an image mod for PAL BT so I can try and help with this. Not at all sure how successful I'll be, I'm basing my method on the assumption that digits are the same in PAL and NTSC for each image... With a bit of luck though, it'll work...

TSF 9th March 2007 11:14 PM

UPDATE:I wen't to heggy's shed turned her into the base egg and dumped the textures I got "Blue, Yellow, Red, Green" I don't know if green and red where already known or if one of them is normally obtained in tooie but if not heres a pic.
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3...dredov6.th.jpg
I'm going to investigate other areas and the ice key.

Lady G0 Lucky 9th March 2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
right that's it, I'm going to hack an image mod for PAL BT so I can try and help with this. Not at all sure how successful I'll be, I'm basing my method on the assumption that digits are the same in PAL and NTSC for each image... With a bit of luck though, it'll work...

You're in? Wow, good luck. :) I suggest you do not use freeze digits too often; my GameShark broke and so did my BT cardirige (sp?). However, I got BT back. :D

Fox McBanjo 9th March 2007 11:19 PM

May the force be with you,hatrick.You may succeeded where many have failed.Make us Irish proud!

TSF 9th March 2007 11:25 PM

I dumped the textures with heggy turned into the ice key all I found was what I think was cement and what I think was the banjo-kazooie exit warp from banjo-kazooie.

LaorBR 9th March 2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSF
and what I think was the banjo-kazooie exit warp from banjo-kazooie.

That's probably the split-up pads under the cracked egg shell.
EDIT: Yeah, I just checked the image you posted, it's from the split up pads alright, only they are not colored.

TSF 9th March 2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaorBR
That's probably the split-up pads under the cracked egg shell.

You are somewhat right the split up pads are red and blue(I saw there textures)these are identical to those only cement lookign, Are these used in the
game?
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?i...kazooieit4.jpg

Nick 10th March 2007 12:02 AM

Wow, thanks for ignoring me, and giving me neg rep. All I did was ask simple questions.

Oh well..

Icy Guy 10th March 2007 12:35 AM

First off, kudos for CBM for finding these eggs, as well as getting noticed by Rare. Apparently, they are watching us. ;) Now...
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick

Generally, image digits are the same in both NTSC and PAL, unless they get deleted in the transition. Oh, and I think I found Ice's image mod for Banjo:

8111CD2A XXXX
8111CD3A XXXX

Digits are here, at the most recent "mirror" of the old GSCentral, "BSFree" (a rhyming play on "GSC"). Explicit language abound.

NStar13 10th March 2007 01:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did I do something wrong because when I used the Banjo Image Mod with 063C I turned into a bright green stop n swop egg? Here's an image:
Attachment 1751

LaorBR 10th March 2007 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NStar13
Did I do something wrong because when I used the Banjo Image Mod with 063C I turned into a bright green stop n swop egg? Here's an image:
Attachment 1751

That's what the object mod does, it turns Banjo into the object you selected.
The color of the egg depends on the place you're in apparently.
Btw the image you posted is interesting because it shows how the base egg is different from the new eggs. The shiny texture is missing.