The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Everyone Read - Seventh Sns Egg! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8343)

Fox McBanjo 16th March 2007 01:33 PM

To be honest,I'd say i was rare trying to make up for losing SnS.It woldn't work because the N64 was dieing so they canelled it again.My idea.Dont go using this as fact now,children.;)

glitchman 16th March 2007 02:00 PM

wers coolboyman anyways.. i havent seen him in ages o-O

bobbynicjr 16th March 2007 10:15 PM

i see him on every couple of days but he rarely posts here

hatrickpatrick 17th March 2007 01:06 AM

Can anyone actually confirm that the base egg really WAS removed from PAL BT? I mean, look at ARHQ's image mod digits list, the base egg's in there... Problem is, we have absolutely no way to test it thanks to the total lack of any working image mod codes for PAL...

slaphappy 17th March 2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Can anyone actually confirm that the base egg really WAS removed from PAL BT? I mean, look at ARHQ's image mod digits list, the base egg's in there... Problem is, we have absolutely no way to test it thanks to the total lack of any working image mod codes for PAL...

The base egg (063c) does not load in the PAL version. At least not the with the color/texture option 0000. AT least I think it's a color/texture option. ;)

I'll start another thread in the hacking section to discuss this because it'll get lost here. I'll call it BT Image Mod / Object Mod Research.

[edit - added link]
BT Image Mod / Object Mod Research

Hope this helps hatrick - or I completely misunderstood what you were asking. :)

thatguyjr 17th March 2007 02:27 AM

Is there anyway to alter the color of the egg in BK, other than location? I would think there would have to be, unless the game considers each slot in the menu to be it's on location, and those codes hacked in the first big topic hatrickpatrick made just tell the egg to show up in a specific slot, whereas the slot tells the egg what color to be.

The eggs received in BT are recorded different than they are in BK, right? By a counter, right? If that's true, and my memory serves me correctly, the game tells you how many eggs you have, while it keeps track of which eggs you have. IIRC, though the base egg exists, the eggs you pick up don't use it, and instead operate as their own object/image.

If I'm remembering about the counter correctly, that could mean that originally, they did plan to have several eggs in possession at once, perhaps more than one single status screen could hold, and the SNS eggs were extra eggs on top of the ones planned to be in the game. Heck, that even makes the base egg more logical from a development stand point. Having a base egg for such a small amount of eggs never seemed to make sense to me, but if there were going to be a larger amount of eggs later on, it does seem useful to not really separate them, but rather apply a new color depending on location or other identifiers than the egg itself.

awsome man 17th March 2007 03:36 AM

Why is everyone smart, but me? I feel unhelpful... :(

slaphappy 17th March 2007 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguyjr
Is there anyway to alter the color of the egg in BK, other than location?

Not sure, but it seems likely. Or possible. Or maybe.

bobbynicjr 17th March 2007 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awsome man
Why is everyone smart, but me? I feel unhelpful... :(

ure not the only one :(
I thought Ice and Sub couldnt find the BT base egg for PAL so it was confirmed by them that the Base egg isnt there, well thats what i heard....

MikeHive 17th March 2007 03:13 PM

Yeah, that is what they said. But, they also said that 0785 was a freeze digit, and now it looks like it was actually cleverly-hidden data. So, maybe the reason they couldn't find the egg on PAL BT is because Rare hid it.
I can't say I'm inspiring much conviction in myself with that idea, but I guess it's possible.

By the way, sorry for the double post, but I wanted to use the Quote button...

Can I ask something that's been bugging me for a while?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSF
I used the Hi-rez texture loader to load the white egg texture over the egg and it looks perfect.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9...ie10no0.th.jpg
LIKE I SAID THATS WITH THE HI-REZ TEXTURE LOADER THATS NOT THE WHITE EGG JUST THE BROWN EGG WITH THE WHITE EGGS TEXTURE OVER IT INSTEAD OF THE BROWN.

What Hi-Rez Texture Loader?? I thought BT didn't have one.
If it does...
I need to think about that...

bobbynicjr 17th March 2007 03:29 PM

hmm, we need people trying freeze digits in the PAL version, is Hatrick still trying?

Icy Guy 17th March 2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHive
What Hi-Rez Texture Loader?? I thought BT didn't have one.
If it does...
I need to think about that...

Rice Video - you can get it here - is a video plugin for N64 emus that lets you dump and load hi-res textures from/into any game. This is how people have been doing these "hi-res texture projects" for games like Mario 64. ;)

glitchman 17th March 2007 07:58 PM

if i had a bleeding action replay and a working brain i'd help

MikeHive 17th March 2007 08:14 PM

GRR!

First that "BK trainer" thing destroyed my BK Rom.
Now I can't get PJ64 to work at all... I downloaded that new version of Rice (I was using the older, non-dumping version already) and now the emu just gives me about fifty errors when I load it up... which is VERY annoying.

Tanjo 17th March 2007 08:24 PM

Urgh, this is begining to turn into one of those threads that are always in the "last post" section.