The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Homebrew Games and Tools (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Banjo-Flashie (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35655)

Smouvy 3rd August 2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperace27 (Post 824786)
And occasionally the enemies turn into cards ?

It's just a white box that is not yet Transparent.

However, turning enemies into cards does sound like fun. It might be something that could be done in this game. :)

E. Laimo 3rd August 2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyTheCat (Post 825402)
It looks great, but the house looks unfitting, because of how it was drawn. Is that how it's going to look in the final game?

Yeah. Like TRBB said, it's just a placeholder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smouvy (Post 825487)
However, turning enemies into cards does sound like fun. It might be something that could be done in this game. :)

I actually really like this idea. I don't know how it would work though. Do you have anything in mind?

lemurboy12 3rd August 2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Laimo (Post 825771)
Yeah. Like TRBB said, it's just a placeholder.

I actually really like this idea. I don't know how it would work though. Do you have anything in mind?

Maybe with some sort of egg?

Brian 4th August 2010 02:15 AM

Or it could be randomly occurring. Like sometimes you kill an enemy, they turn into a card, you collect.

Zy0n7 4th August 2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarFox (Post 825913)
Or it could be randomly occurring. Like sometimes you kill an enemy, they turn into a card, you collect.

That sounds like rangarok online.

Every enemy has a very low % of dropping a card upon dying, those cards are collectible and have benefitial effects for you.

Brian 4th August 2010 03:16 PM

I never played Ragnarok Online. D:

E. Laimo 4th August 2010 07:32 PM

Well if they're collectables, I'd rather there be a more sure fire way of getting them. Like if they appear after killing a certain amount of that enemy.

Benihana 4th August 2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Laimo (Post 826134)
Well if they're collectables, I'd rather there be a more sure fire way of getting them. Like if they appear after killing a certain amount of that enemy.

That would be a good idea. But are you going to make enemies respawn?

E. Laimo 5th August 2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bendanna (Post 826201)
That would be a good idea. But are you going to make enemies respawn?

Well I've never really liked it when enemies respawn all the time.

Come to think of it, the original idea was turning enemies into cards, and I think that's a cool idea. I think I'd rather have it be a move or an egg like lemurboy12 said.

Benihana 5th August 2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Laimo (Post 826389)
Well I've never really liked it when enemies respawn all the time.

Come to think of it, the original idea was turning enemies into cards, and I think that's a cool idea. I think I'd rather have it be a move or an egg like lemurboy12 said.

You mean like you could trade cards for moves?

Bradlestix 5th August 2010 08:09 AM

^Nah, he meant you turn enemies into cards via a move or egg.

Breegullbeak 5th August 2010 03:45 PM

A special egg sounds nice. How else would you get bosses?

King Gobi 6th August 2010 04:33 AM

^ So like you defeat the boss after firing so many eggs at them then, they turn into a card and you can use the "good" version of the boss to help you? This would then be able to be substituted for the missing Kazooie for example.

Terry: Flight
Welder:Fire Breath
Big Boom Box: Grenade Eggs

JohnyT94 6th August 2010 05:45 AM

How about a special egg that, when fired at a bad guy, shrinks them and encases them inside the egg... like a Pokeball.

What happens from here on could be anything. Such as, taking the egg to Mumbo or someone and letting them work their magic on it for... something.

Possibilities are endless if you think about it.

Smouvy 6th August 2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king gobi (Post 827022)
^ So like you defeat the boss after firing so many eggs at them then, they turn into a card and you can use the "good" version of the boss to help you? This would then be able to be substituted for the missing Kazooie for example.

I really like the idea that when you 'Card Capture' (couldn't resist) a monster, he/she/it becomes your partner until you 'Card Capture' an other baddy/boss.

Let's just not overpower any of the enemies though >.<

Edit: Did not read JohnyT94's post yet; actually, it might be even cooler to entrap enemies into eggs, take them to Mumbo and let him, working his magic, make them your partner.