The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Homebrew Games and Tools (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   The "Gruntling locks good threads" thread game. (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42495)

SentientScarecrow420 3rd February 2011 06:33 AM

The "Gruntling locks good threads" thread game.

WELL
Due to an event yesterday, I made a very terrible game within 24 hours to celebrate the event.

go to the oddly colored goldish thing at the end of every level.
arrow keys to move.
space to toggle music. (though once you turn it off it won't turn back on unless you restart.)

I still have a little bit more to fix, but thought I'd put it here anyway.
DOWNLOAD HERE!

Also, this game is all in good fun. Gruntling had a job and he did it. This was just for fun.

NOTE: if you are having problems avoiding things or, as 3V1L said, hugging the walls, you should notice that after not responding to the controls that you move slowly...you can hug the walls if you move slowly rather than running into them full speed. kthx.

Adam 3rd February 2011 06:52 AM

I was planning on going to bed, but now I have to play this.

Welp, the walls are too small. Can't hug 'em and get past the spike things nor the lava in one of the levels. Also, that little green guy should be Avarice. Being that he was the one who tried to get Gruntling to not lock the thread.

Avarice 3rd February 2011 06:58 AM

I support making Avarice the hero of a video game.

SentientScarecrow420 3rd February 2011 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T (Post 915573)
Welp, the walls are too small. Can't hug 'em and get past the spike things nor the lava in one of the levels. Also, that little green guy should be Avarice. Being that he was the one who tried to get Gruntling to not lock the thread.

Probably should have mentioned this, but if you notice that you move slowly after a while of no response, you can get closer to the walls if you move slowly rather than moving at full speed into them. It IS possible. Its a collisioning error. I'll also turn the person into avarice.

Gruntling 3rd February 2011 09:15 AM

Hardy har. o-O

Avarice 3rd February 2011 11:55 AM

It all starts here Gruntling.

It all starts here.

Jackjack71 3rd February 2011 12:02 PM

This sounds hilarious, I'll download it now.

But give Gruntling a break, he's a nice guy.

Avarice 3rd February 2011 12:11 PM

I'm sorry but nice guys don't eat children.

Yellow Kazooie 3rd February 2011 12:35 PM

You're better at game maker than I am. The "lives" thing never worked for me. The game is good, but it's hard to control the blue thing.

InTrepidCognito 3rd February 2011 05:58 PM

I wanted a game where I locked threads as Gruntling...

SentientScarecrow420 3rd February 2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowKazooie (Post 915613)
You're better at game maker than I am. The "lives" thing never worked for me. The game is good, but it's hard to control the blue thing.

I..used my own variables o-O

Once I completely finish it, I'll probably release the source for whoever the hell is interested.

Guitar 3rd February 2011 06:34 PM

This sounds cool, I'll have to play it sometime.

Teafed 6th February 2011 02:49 AM

Can't play. My graphics card won't let me