View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2023, 03:21 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Dark Souls II was my least favorite of the Souls trilogy when I first played through all three games back at the beginning of 2020, but I've slowly been growing more fond of it lately. For every awful design choice the devs made there's a handful of really small yet neat little details that haven't been tried in the other Souls games like the torch system, or actual new things happening on New Game + cycles. Still not a fan of the movement and the unfair spamming of enemies (at least in the Sins of the First Scholar edition; apparently this wasn't as big an issue in the original release of the game), but the shift from Dark Souls 1 to 2 reminds me a lot of Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask. There's a similar feeling of despair in both MM and DSII, not to mention some odd design choices that I think can be overlooked due to the quality of everything else.

Anyway, I went to continue my save from last year and finish up some bosses I skipped (including finally getting around to the DLC areas) but somehow my save data was deleted (and annoyingly DSII doesn't use Steam cloud save backup), so I guess I'm starting yet another playthrough of this game.