View Single Post
Old 11th April 2019, 01:18 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I spent all day playing Ocarina of Time online with randoms. You know, the one I just mentioned two posts ago.
There was a group of players stuck at the Forest Temple, so I hijacked their lobby and made it into a randomizer game instead. It was pretty fun splitting up and coordinating where to search with everyone. I went adult Link early and started working on temples while the other players took care of the child Link stuff and planted some beans for me. But then somebody who was AFK from the previous vanilla game joined and mixed his save data with ours which ruined everything.

By the way, this is how you set up a lobby in case you want to try it:
Step 1: download the thing I linked
Step 2: put your 1.0 Zeld rom inside the folder called "rom". It's the one that says "rom" on it and has a readme inside which says "put the rom here"
Step 3: run OoTmodloadergui.exe and make sure you give it full network permissions when your OS asks for them
Step 4: enter the lobby name and password you like to use, and you're done! To join a lobby it works the same: just type the name and password then select join
IMPORTANT: Always make a new save when joining a game! Old save data will conflict with the flags of the current game in progress! You can safely reset and load your save file for a game you're still connected to, but whenever joining a new lobby make sure you're using a new save file.
As for using mods such as randomizer, I can't seem to figure out how to get the auto-download feature to work. I think it's just WIP. So if you want to play a romhack just make sure everyone has that rom in their rom folder instead of the vanilla 1.0 rom.