View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2008, 07:29 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdrag
Now, Nemu64 DOES run Donkey Kong 64, albeit poorly. Put on this code as soon as you start: 817444E6 00AB, keep hitting start and it will start you in Kong's house eventually, then turn it off once you get there. It plays very poorly, but it is enough to do some ASM hacking (that's how I hacked the moonjump).
Wow, thats great! Looks like there is some hope for fully activating the ice-key with it's respective image after all . I had always wondered how you hacked out the moonjump. Thought you used the actual N64 with a gameshark that was capable of connecting to your computer .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdrag
Great work! Finally someone uncovered some more proof of DK64. I'm going to investigate this more tonight. I also relied on the "All Items" code, which I can't seem to find right now (can you post an unlock everything/all levels unlocked code for DK64), and that never included an ice key. I always maintained DK64 was the true ice key SNS in Crystal Caverns (see my DK64 <> BK special).
I noticed, from your "dk special" it mentioned that the Ice-key was found in the totals menu. Decided to find a menu modifier using renegade64 with project64. I found that, but it didn't let me select the ice-key item(cuz it hadn't been activated). Therefore, I just started changing random values at addresses nearby. I finally came across one that changed the "Battle Crown" item into the Blueprints. Tried out the value 0x08 and noticed that I had the Ice-key in my inventory .

Finding the value that changes the amount of Ice-keys you have was just a coincidence. I started playing around with the values nearby when I noticed I had over 9000 / 1 icekeys! .