View Single Post
Old 27th August 2011, 08:49 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs View Post
I didn't want to offend you, and I like Nuts & Bolts too
OK, but in future you should probably not call total strangers "annoying" for absolutely no (good) reason.

Quote:
(though the original are uncomparable to it),
I simply disagree. All three games feature; A hub world, sub worlds, jiggies within said sub-worlds which must be collected to advance through the game. The concept is very, very similar. The same, even. How it's executed differs. I don't have a problem with that fact, and think any straight platformer would have been kind of boring and worse than Nuts & Bolts. The platforming thing has been done to death. N&B was unique and fresh, whilst still totally comparable in loads of ways to the original games.

Quote:
but when someone asks for a new game named Banjo-Threeie, you don't take an old game and change its name.
Perhaps we're having some kind of language-barrier? You missed my point entirely, which was that Nuts & Bolts is Banjo-Threeie. People like yourself talk of 'Threeie as if it were some cancelled, mythical game that's out there somewhere locked in a vault. Too much Stop 'n' Swop has gone to your head. If they developed a new Banjo game with the 'Threeie moniker, it wouldn't be that mythical game you salivate over. It'd be some newly-made game with the words "Banjo-Threeie" slapped on it to make the likes of you shut your mouths.

The only Banjo-Threeie "stuff" I've ever seen is the world's shittest fake cover art for an apparent GameCube release of "Banjo-Threeie", with laughably cobbled-together title pasted over a Banjo-Tooie promotional image. Fake as Jordan's tits. If there ever was a Banjo-Threeie, it's the game that came out for 360 in 2008 which was renamed during development so as not to alienate new customers. If that game was never internally referred to as 'Banjo-Threeie' at any point during development, then there never was a Banjo-Threeie, and the name itself is just a joke from the end of the second game.

Quote:
Think what would happen if Rare made Kinect Sports 3 and named it "Conker's other bad day". Would you be happy? Rare would be right, we asked for Other Bad Day, and we got it.
Totally irrelevant example, which also makes no sense. Why would they name some Kinect Sports game after Banjo-Kazooie? Just because you put forward unanswerable questions, that doesn't make you "right".
XBLA: Mart7n. I have Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, Nuts & Bolts, and Perfect Dark. Currently no Gold, but that can change at any time if enough people show interest (particularly in Perfect Dark multiplayer matches).