View Single Post
Old 17th June 2011, 07:34 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
Just out of curiosity, where did you get the all of the models used in your game?

Edit: Just encountered a glitch in the ticker level. When I hit one of the spinning blades in the room with the jiggy at the bottom, it sent me to the ticker boss fight and froze up. That may very well have been a one-time occurrence, but I still thought it was worth mentioning.

Edit 2: Managed to complete chapter 1. The levels after creepy colony were far easier by comparison. The mechanics could definitely use some fine-tuning, but you seem to be heading in a fun direction with this.

If I may add some suggestions:
- where possible, it would be nice to have some leeway with the jiggy and note requirements. So instead of having to collect every jiggy to enter the next level, you could miss one and still be fine. Naturally, it would make it harder to progress later if you miss too many.
- the shock jump pad could use a little more distance on jumps or the platforms that need to be reached could be slightly more accessible. It took me forever to reach one of the jiggies on the first level.
- for Creepy Colony: I don't know if it is possible without completely disrupting the existing mechanics, but it would be nice if there was an easier method of exiting the level. I couldn't get from the conveyer belt back on to the platform and ended up exiting only when I died from hitting the spike ball there.

Besides some other obvious bugs, I really enjoyed the style of the whole thing. A lot of the pieces of Grunty's Lair translated surprisingly well to a 2D plane. I think you could do some really interesting things with this if you can clean it up a bit.
The aliens from Independence Day let us know. You know what we did? We stood right on the target, cheered them on, and tried to be friends. What happened to us in Independence Day ConkerKing? WHAT HAPPENED? -Tanjo

Last edited by kingpaco; 17th June 2011 at 09:19 PM.