Thread: let's speculate
View Single Post
Old 28th August 2008, 09:50 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeckoman
Wow I didn't know thelair wasn't originally in the game. mabye they used to have an "Isle o hags" type thing with spiral mountai. you probably used to be able to travel places. notice the names. fungus forest, mount fire eyes, rusty bucket bay, hammerhead beach, bubblegloop swamp, Freezeezy peak, click clock wood, spiral mountain, mumbo's mountain. let's see we have three mountain levels, a valley, a frozen mountain, a swamp, an industrial bay, a beach, and two forests. (I didn't mention clankers cavern because It was probably a late add in.)
They didn't really have an overworld yet, other than a prototype map of the Giant's lair that you couldn't really do anything with. Also see supposed Fungus Forest, and Mount Firey Eyes pics, which are really the Giant Lair map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman
Here's the order that the levels were actually first made:
1. Treasure Trove Cove (AKA Hammerhead Beach)
2. Gobi's Valley
3. Mad Monster Mansion
4. Mumbo's Mountain
5. Rusty Bucket Bay
6. Freezeezy Peak
7. Spiral Mountain
8. Bubblegloop Swamp
9. Click Clock Wood
10. Clanker's Cavern
11. Grunty's Lair
Woah, that's a neat list. Was this posted somewhere else?

Strange, seeing the levels mixed around in that order. I would have never expected Clankers Cavern to be the last level developed in the game. I guess they determined the difficulty of each level first, then placed the levels in Gruntildas lair based on that.