View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2017, 01:43 PM
Glowbo

Conker Bad Fur's Day Translation

Hi all, and thanks for all the knowledge you shared since long time ago.
I recently plan to translate Conker BFD in my own language (F).

I work on the (U) rom of the game. Uncompress it with GEdecompressor (thanks to SubDrag and everyone involved in this project).
I found every texts I need to translate, texts marker to jump lines etc, make changes, inject in the rom and test, the part of the game is translated, what a good start, but :

Of course I do not touch the number of octet, replacing one letter by another one to translate, but sometimes when I make changes, the GEdecompress told me that the file I inject is larger than it should be. If i style inject it, sometimes the emulatore crash, sometimes it's goin on but I notcice strange things.

Exemple 1 : too much changes, and to much text will directly freeze the game. Nothing wrong with it, predictable.

Exemple 2 : Changes are done, GEdecompress tell that the file is larger, the game run on emulator, showing my translation, but it will squeeze an entire part of cinematics (here at the beginning, when conker phone to berri, everything is fine, then the bar cinematic, with soldier -> ok,then -SHOULD BE- when Conker is drunk at the bar, sayin he is leaving BUT instead of that it derectly trigger the next cinematic, drunk outside in front of the Signal) In the bar cinematic and out of the bar front of the signal are in two different and consecutives *.bin. Strangely, instead of crashing, it just skip the first one. Dunno what to think about it.

Exemple 3 : Changing even one letter on the title screen (mature audiance only, rumble pack, rare logo is a trademark... etc) is working but when I want to enter a game, the emulator stay in black, not launching cinematics, not starting a game (or new game), like it does not know where to go now, or which .bin to refer.

Here I'm. Hoping someone, maybe, has an idea to help me in my case : ).

Thank you !