View Single Post
Old 21st March 2009, 02:38 PM
Mingy Jonjo

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy View Post
compare it's difficulty to other games, like BK, just about any Zelda, or one of the 2-D marios
Well, DK64 is much like B-K. It starts out easy (say, Mumbo's Mountain and Mayahem Temple), and then the difficulty builds by level. All 25 Golden Bananas in a level, except in some of the earlier levels, become challenging to get. There's only seven worlds, but you'll be spending a LOT of time in them. But it's not just hard, it's fun.

An example of an easy Banana would be collecting the Banana by hitting a switch and warping to the beginning of the level, with no time limit. The average Banana usually involves trekking through an area, winning a race, or a bunch of different things in a level. And then the few and far between hard Bananas are very challenging, such as killing lots of enemies in a time limit, hard races, and going inside and killing a mechanical fish.

And, like I said, don't get it if you don't like the collectathon element. All 5 Kongs have 5 Golden Bananas to get EACH in each of the worlds, and they aren't exactly lying out in the open. Not to mention all the other collectables.