View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2011, 02:20 AM
Honorary Most Underappreciated Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartimaeus View Post
Bluhhh. Well, good for you. I can't stand them. On the fifth world...and it really makes me want to play the originals instead of it, lol.
Yeah, well expect pretty much no one to agree with you. Most everyone who's played it agrees that the levels are very well made. Every level has new surprises, and all the obstacles are perfectly placed to be challenging without being too unfair. Things happen spontaneously in the levels all the time to change things up in such a smooth fashion. I think it's really impressive.

And I also totally disagree with your comment on how they hid secrets. I think they are very cleverly hidden. If you thought, for instance, that the puzzle piece hidden under DK's house on the first level was obvious, good for you, but that took me a while to find and I was surprised when I found it. There were many more like that as well, and I still haven't found many of the items in the levels that I'm beaten. Either I suck at finding secrets, or the developers are really clever. I personally think it's the latter.

I mean really, would you rather have had them place secret items in places where you would have to take a random leap of faith in the hopes that there's something there? No thank you.

EDIT: Oh crap, you were talking about the bonus levels. Well, I don't mind those one bit either.

Last edited by Dr. Worm; 3rd January 2011 at 02:27 AM.