View Single Post
Old 7th January 2011, 04:51 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Bart, this is Captain Nostalgia speaking here, so listen up: the level designs here are exactly as good as those in the original trilogy; in fact, many of them are better, and a few of them are much better. And, I dunno if you've ever actually won any of the (fairly well-hidden; I dunno what you're talking about) bonus stages, but you get a jiggy for beating them. You're not playing them for nothing like you did in the first DKC. Diddy's Kong Quest is still my favorite, but Returns is my second-favorite. Keep giving this game a chance and you'll learn to love it.
Sorry, I wrote what I did while I was sick...which I am again. Forgot there were the Jiggy thingies at the end of each bonus level...although, that may have been helped by the fact I have no idea what collecting all the Jiggies in a level does...I didn't really notice anything different happening once I collected them all or at the end of a level...maybe those gallery images? I recall something small popping up about that...and I don't think I got them every level...

Still don't feel like most of the bonus levels are hidden well at all. Maybe I'm just too used to finding hidden stuff...I know I had a heck of a lot harder time finding them in...for example, DKC2. Maybe that's because I was younger, though - perhaps the same reason I don't think this game is as much fun as it should be.

I should really play it when I'm not sick,