View Single Post
Old 10th August 2007, 04:31 AM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
I'm going to say this is fake. Why? Because, aside from a controversial picture, there's no evidence to suggest that it's real. I know a lot of you guys have brought some of these points up previously, but to track down who said what would add even more time to the hour and a half I've spent typing this post. Consider your names attached to your points. Anyway:

1) Did he post any codes to allow us to access RSA? No.

2) Did he post a savestate that would allow us to access RSA? No. Surely he would have made a savestate so that he could access it again at a later date, or to dispell any doubts of its existence.

3) Accessing this room may require extensive ROM hacking. Did he post a patch allowing us to modify our own BT ROMs in order to access this area, or instructions for modification? No. (The fact that IPS patches can only handle files up to 16MB is moot: he could use NINJA.)

4) "Until next time fans, I'll be hacking this thing out until I find something new." Uhh...didn't he start his numbered list with "A few things I'd like to point out that I've noticed while I hacked this baby out:"? Is he going to re-hack RSA?

5) He only refers to RSA as "Ridiculously Secret Area." He never uses the phrase "Ridiculously Secret Area 1," which is the name listed in the Silo text.

Now, for the picture:

1) If you get the camera angle just right, you can levitate Banjo so that when he's between Grunty's right eye and the camera, you get the angle shown in the RSA pic. The boulder in the center of the picture is positioned so that, if he were present (i.e. repeater jump wasn't used for a high-altitude first-person shot), he would conveniently not appear in the shot.

2) The texture replacing the center plate's stairs looks suspiciously like the clouds seen in BK's intro.

3) The wall texture underneath the TTC picture (which happens to be precisely where the caption would appear) is inconsistent with the wall texture surrounding it.

4) Grunty's pupils are a yellow/gold-ish color, not green. When masked by the spotlight, the sand is a similar color. The TTC picture platforms are the same color. The Jiggy platform is a similar color with highlights. Notice how all of these have changed to greens with similar differences?

5) Why does the Jiggy platform appear to be at a different angle? Because the Jiggy platform is so soft-focused, it's not even funny. It looks like it's at a different angle because the protruding side appears to melt into the base (facing the camera).

I find it hard to take a soft-focused-to-heck screencap seriously when it comes to proof of RSA's existence. Mr. Ronaldson, if you're reading this, I invite you to post additional proof supporting your claim of the existence of Ridiculously Secret Area 1 in this topic. If that doesn't float your boat, then I implore you to post additional proof on your website.

You may take offense at our doubts, but when it comes to previously-undiscovered content, it's "guilty until proven innocent."