View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2007, 02:29 AM
Clanker

And just for any dummies who might still be figuring out if this is real or fake (seriously, how can anybody think this crap could be real?):

1) Mr Carlos is so pleased that he's hacked out RSA with the help of Ice & Sub! So pleased is he, in fact, that he hasn't actually told anyone at the RWP his discovery! What a scoop Ice is missing on his front page, that his good friend Carlos hacked out the fabled RSA! Such a shame he forgot to write it up. After all that's the only reason for nobody to have mentioned it, and not, I dunno, that somebody completely made it up.

2) Why is everyone going on about how good a Photoshop this is? This is baby stuff to anybody who knows anything about Photoshopping. Here's your first hint: look at the fake screenshots I made on BT Hive, then look at this. See any similarities? Oh yeah, they're both RIDICULOUSLY BLURRY. Seriously, how can you get a screenshot this crappy without trying? Even if you give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume that he did this on an actual N64 and didn't have a video capture card, he could still point a camera at the TV and get a much, much better picture than that, and even then, if it looked pants, don't you think he would try to optimise his proof? Brighten it, sharpen it? I find it very difficult to imagine that this picture would be the best that he could come up with. It's cack.

Now why could the photograph be (a) darker than anything else in the game, and (b) so blurry that Carlos' television must have beer goggles? Could it be to hide someone's Photoshop job? Oh gawd no, perish the thought. *rolls eyes*

Hey, remember that really blurry photo of "the Loch Ness Monster" that turned out to actually be a plastic toy? Now, why wasn't that picture nice and sharp, eh? Funny how controversial pictures are always so dubious, don't you think? Sheesh.

3) How very convenient that this super-secret area is conveniently the same as an area that was in the other game, only with some rocks in. Because of course we can all think of a hundred reasons why Rare would go to the trouble of putting in this hidden room that's got nothing in it whatsoever, for some secret fun of their own. A hidden room, no less, that for some reason can only be photographed from a vantage point not normally used anywhere else in the game. How strange that this secret area doesn't look totally different to anything else in either game and would therefore be harder to Photoshop.

4) Ridiculously Secret Area is the label on a Silo address. Do you see a Silo in that picture? No, you don't.

5) If you guys still think this crap is convincing, then I will spend not more than hour creating a fake of my own that looks BETTER than this crud, just to prove to you that this fake is NOT persuasive or even good, it's a lame-ass, obvious Photoshop job that you ought to be deeply ashamed of yourselves for falling for.

For God's sake.

bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive
bthive.co.uk/forums/ :: BT Hive Forums