Thread: N64 Sound Tool
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2011, 02:23 AM
Glowbo

Hey, it's me again.

I think I possibly found another problem with the program.

In the Fire Temple song, there are three voice samples. The bank the Fire Temple uses is BANK 0A, and the Instrument number of the voices are as follows:

0002 (duplicate of 0001 - this program produces A LOT of duplicates of some of the instruments for some reason)
0004 (i think)

Now here's the problem. For some reason, the program isn't extracting 0004. When I go to manually extract the Instrument, it lists the instrument but doesn't extract anything. It doesn't seem to be just this bank in particular either, Bank 03 seems to skip Instrument 09. This might be a problem in other games, at least other SRD games.

Also a bit more game specific. Again with OoT, for some reason almost all of Bank 01 produces garbage noise. Not all of them do though. Not sure if it's a problem with your program or if they point to data that doesn't exist anymore, but I thought I'd bring it to your intention just in case.

I'm currently building a SRD game soundfont. Kinda useless since most of the samples come from really early/cheap sound modules (the ocarina I think came from a E-MU World module, fun fact). But I'm just doing it for fun; already mapped 85 instruments already. Need to do drums though...

But anyway, hope this helps somehow.

PS: Another fun fact, not sure if it's an error in your program. But Bank 18 (Shadow Temple) has the Islamic Fire Temple chant sample (just one of them though). From what I've seen, they did a pretty decent job keeping only the instrument samples needed for the songs in each bank. But they left this sample in the Shadow Temple sound bank for some reason. This is V1.0, btw.