View Single Post
Old 24th January 2011, 05:27 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Mario View Post
But Super Mario 64 DS was an entire remake of SM64 for the DS, and OoT 3DS is just a rebuild for the 3DS. The difference between those two games is that one was built from the ground up, and the other was simply copied and changed a little bit to work in 3D. That being said, what's stopping people from finding a way to emulate N64 games in the same way, minus the 3D effect?
No really, you don't know what your talking about, there is no difference at all. If you even remotely knew anything about developing software for specific hardware, you'd realize how stupid what you just said is.

Lets not even discuss the fact that the hardware infrastructure on the N64 is dramatically different than that of the 3DS, I've already covered that. Have you even considered the fact that N64 games are written in a completely different code language than the games on 3DS ? All of that stuff matters, it's not a simple flip-switch translation process. Just because one system is more powerful doesn't mean it can play anything flawlessly that was designed with a different system in mind. This is the exact reason why several Xbox titles play worse on ps3 even though ps3 is superior hardware-wise, because the games werent designed with the ps3s language and hardware infrastructure in mind.

Ocarina of Time 3D is a complete remake, assets of the game were reused, and it is essentially the exact same game, but it was rewritten almost completely from scratch, just like Mario 64 DS.